Haters gonna hate (1 Viewer)

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Your obsession with me is starting to become unhealthy.

On topic. I have 3 Italy shirts, 2 Brazil, 1 Holland and a France one. Lovly shirts the lot of them. Wearing them for 5 a side really is nice.
erm, i didnt know i had one....the people that i have spoken to about this are you and andy thats why i mentioned you two. If thats an obsession then i am sorry.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
erm, i didnt know i had one....the people that i have spoken to about this are you and andy thats why i mentioned you two. If thats an obsession then i am sorry.
We've never discussed having different countries kits for me thats not a problem as I stated I have alot of other countries kits and not one of Englands. Supporting another nation different to your origin is where I think the problem lies with me and Andy.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I have an old Columbus Crew jersey. (yellow and white stripes) I used to wear it when I played keeper. Now I don't know where it is.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I've never bought a foreign NT shirt. Someone once gave me a Ronaldo Brazil shirt as a gift. Oddly enough, I also got a Ronaldo Portugal shirt as a gift. I don't even particularly like the Ronaldos*. I wore these shirts occasionally when playing football.

I just don't get it. I mean, I was up for Iraq against the US and all, but that doesn't mean I was going to buy a National Guard uniform.

I can understand casual fandom: I like watching Spain at the moment; I've long been a Zizou fan, and would watch France for that reason; Heck, some of the better Italian teams have played beautiful defensive football. That didn't make me a fan of any of them. Fandom requires an emotional connection. If you don't have close personal ties to a country, claiming to be a fan of their NT strikes me as a shallow fandom - false associations forged out of some meaningless need to be part of something successful. At least non-Turin Juve fans (and non-local club team fans in general) track their team for most of the year. NTs play so few games that it's just not enough time to actually connect with them. It's fake.

*No, that is not ironic. If you even thought that, you don't know what ironic means. If you didn't think it, you also probably don't know what ironic means.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)