Hasan Salihamidžić (21 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I never said he's complaining. Did I?

I said If he accepts that role which Pesso and Biri was/still having then I wouldn't mind him to stay for another year.
I was merely implying that's what he does, sticks around and is usefull, just like Pessotto or Birindelli. We're most certainly his last step in his carerr.

What's with this scapegoat thing? You think It's the first match or first year I follow/watch football to make a scapegoat out of a player? and Juventus player?

It's up to you to think that I have no apparent reasons, but I just mentioned them, If you can't see them or read them than thats your problem not mine. I don't criticize someone with no reason, I'm not a 9year old kid.

Whether he's carrying the team or not, he adds nothing to the team. If you're soo keen on him and think he's able to do an impact on the field, lets see, what are the things that Salihamdizic are able to do on the field???? what's his positives?

-Play in diff positions?
-Being fast?

and? what else? Isn't that what Grygera can do? Play in more than a position? Chiellini? Nocerino? isn't he as fast as Sali?.....get your facts straight before accusing someone of this nonsense.

Or is it that whenever we have a balkan player you'll stick around him no matter what?
This scapegoat thing is you bashing him in 5 separate threads after the Inter game, like he was alone on the pitch and it was his own personal fault we lost the game. When quite frankly, it isn't, Inter was simply the better team. We scored a deflection and Iaquinta scored a lucky rebound. Birindelli was suckered into the first goal by a kid, Hasan handballed like an amateur and the kid scored a great third goal to round things up.

I have my facts straight, you obviously don't. I already told you what Hasan does and I didn't even mention speed. He provides cover for numerous positions on the pitch, something very few players can do. And I already explained to you why you can't expect consistency from him. Yet here you are in every second thread crying; "oh I hope Hasan doesn't play". What would it be different if Hasan wasn't there yesterday? Who would have played RB?

It's not his job to be decisive or to light up a pitch, he's a utility player who's there to cover postions up and that's something you obviously can't understand. Or if you can, you obviously don't know how to appreciate it.

Him being from Balkan has absolutelly nothing to do with it.
I'm not blaming him for playing in diff positions, and I'm not asking him to turn into Zambrotta, and I'm not asking him to turn night into day. IMO, he adds nothing to the starting 11 of this team.
Again who would have you fielded in his position yesterday? Would that someone make a difference? I don't think so.

So by saying he adds nothing to the team, you're claiming versatility is useless? So Pessotto and Birindelli added nothing to the team as well? Well love for the shirt of course, but other than that, nothing.

This has nothing to do with what I said earlier.
No but it's the bottom line. Salihamidzic is a player every coach likes to have and every team would want to have.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I failed to understand what people see in a player who can play 4-5 positions equally bad and still they call him versatile.
Here you go:
Salihamidzic, in. His performances lately have been somewhat chaotic, but him being able to cover a multitude of roles is always a valuable asset. When the rest of the team's quality improves, he'll be a serving player again and then he'll be good again. He's a fighter and right now he's expected to cover for Camoranesi's creative role, which should not be expected of him. A great 12th man.
I guess it's better not to cover up those missing positions, hey Dominic? I suppose it's better to play with one player less than play with a player who'll offer a sub-par performance here and there.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
This scapegoat thing is you bashing him in 5 separate threads after the Inter game, like he was alone on the pitch and it was his own personal fault we lost the game. When quite frankly, it isn't, Inter was simply the better team. We scored a deflection and Iaquinta scored a lucky rebound. Birindelli was suckered into the first goal by a kid, Hasan handballed like an amateur and the kid scored a great third goal to round things up.
So bashing a player in more than a thread means that you turn him into a scapegoat? I've done the same thing with Nocerino (a player I really love) and with Molinaro and Grygera and also Palladino (another player I like).

So please don't really come around here and tell me these things like the scapegoat thing. I have no reason to turn Sali into a scapegoat, I salut him when I see he's adding something to this team and I'll criticize him when I see he doesn't.

I'm not waiting for someone to tell me whether I'm making him a scapegoat or not.

As for the game, I haven't watched the game but I only saw highlights, I'm not judging him from the Coppa game only, yes we didn't have many options or other playes to field, thats not what I'm talking about, so far he's with us there's nothing we can do. But I wouldn't take him into consideration for the next year, not at all.

I have my facts straight, you obviously don't. I already told you what Hasan does and I didn't even mention speed. He provides cover for numerous positions on the pitch, something very few players can do. And I already explained to you why you can't expect consistency from him. Yet here you are in every second thread crying; "oh I hope Hasan doesn't play". What would it be different if Hasan wasn't there yesterday? Who would have played RB?
So thats why you think he provides something, because he can play for numerous positions? lol, ok.

As for the crying thing, I wont really respond to that. But I hope you don't take it as weakness if i respect you, i'm not m_elayyan here.

It's not his job to be decisive or to light up a pitch, he's a utility player who's there to cover postions up and that's something you obviously can't understand. Or if you can, you obviously don't know how to appreciate it.
We can find better players to cover positions. And players that can add alot to this team. Not someone who keep on running, making fouls here and there and being out-played from every single midfielder/attacker.

So by saying he adds nothing to the team, you're claiming versatility is useless? So Pessotto and Birindelli added nothing to the team as well? Well love for the shirt of course, but other than that, nothing.
Pesso and Biri are 10x the player he is. I never said vesatility is useless, he just isn't that good to be such a versatility player. What is soo hard to understand in that?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't think anyone sees Salihamidzic as a versatile player, majority of them just being biased for the obvious reasons.
Well then "anyone" never watched Salihamidzic play for Bayern, Hamburg or B&H previously.
He played in attack in Hamburger and scored 20 goals in 80 matches. In Bayern he was playin everywhere, and he was amazing in Bayern's most successfull seasons in Europe in last 10 years.
The guy was labelled by Capello (i know you don't rate Capello but that's also bias for obvious reasons) as the best RB in the world. He covered RB and RM equally successfull for Bayern . Benitez was a great fan and he was trying in every possible way to get Hasan. Bayern's 18m euro price tag and unwillingness to let him go were the reason why he din't leave.
For Bosnia he played everywhere, almost in every possible position and again he did great.

Now, i know history isn't what interest us. We want results in the present. And yes, i know he's awful lately.
But we're some spoiled SOB's as it seems and we can't stop moaning about everything. The man spent 13 years playing in Bundesliga, he changed everything in his life at 31 and joined a completely different league with a different way of life and on top of it, our tactics are chaotic lately and he is supposed to play a different role in every next match.
How can he work well as a RB and combine well with Camoranesi/Marchionni on the right when in the next match Ranieri puts him in central midfield ? How can he play well as a RM and combine well with the RB when in the next match Ranieri plays him on the left side.
Time is needed for everything to work like a clock. Trez and Alex didn't start working together well overnight.
And in our team we don't know who's drinking and who's paying. In every single match players play in different positions, surrounded with different players.

So, yes, critics are deserved because Braco is indeed playing bad. But i wouldn't claim that he has nothing to do with football and that he's not versatile.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I really get an impression you got something personal against him. Sorry but that's what it looks like to me, as I said, I've never met someone who didn't like this guy and what he gives on the pitch.

Being able to cover up 5 positions on the pitch is Hasan's primary ability. At a pure technical aspect his average, but he compensates that with amazing stamina and excellent work-rate. When you are missing a player for a certain position(and we are missing those quite regulary this season), your best bet is someone with Hasan's abilities. Meaning; hard-worker, who'll give his everything for 90+ minutes. Sure, he'll be downright awfull sometimes but more than enough times he'll do the job well. What would you like, a rotational player with Ronaldinho's abilities? Sorry but when it comes to rotational players, few are as versatile as Hasan. And no, neither Pessotto or Birindelli were much, if at all better than Braco.

That's all there is to it actually and quite frankly there's nothing to debate here.

I'm not praising Salihamidzic for something he is not, I'm pefectly aware of his abilities and non-abilities, and I'm not saying his performances were good in the last few games. You want the impossible, you want a player who doesn't have a natural position to impress game in, game out. Sorry such a handyman doesn't exist.

When you're short of a player, Braco's your guy. He built a pretty impressive career with that. Won everything with Bayern, one of Europe's best clubs, and got transfered to Juventus. Trust me, if we decide to sell him, he'll never be short of offers.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Players like Salihamidzic qualities come up if we would have a big quality squad where he would be a backup (read rotation) player. But because of injury problems he has played as a starter. Sure he can play in different positions, but is he any good in those different positions? His crossing is terrible, but our team play relies on crossing a lot. His no Essien who can play equally good in midfield or defence. Sadly his best days where in germany.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Alen, I've seen enough of Sali at Bayern and he was really interesting to watch. But like you said, history and stats doesn't really interest us or at least me. What I care is what he's giving this team or what he can add to this team.

We're in a very delicate situation, we can't afford players who can't really have an impact in a game, and just keep them for playing in diff positions. There are other plenty of footballers who can play in more than 2 positions. I don't think thats why he's with us anyway.

Italy looks a bit difficult for him, bundesliga isn't serie a. he can't adapt well to the game and style there IMO.

Dec 26, 2004
Here you go:

I guess it's better not to cover up those missing positions, hey Dominic? I suppose it's better to play with one player less than play with a player who'll offer a sub-par performance here and there.
Ranieri is even playing him as a CM and he is playing TERRIBLY BAD there... according to your logic we might play him as a goalie incase Buffon is injured as it is would be better than playing with no goalie at all.

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
He adapted much more than Tiago and Almiron (who already played in Seria A) for this amount of time that he spent in Juventus. You gotta give him that.

Dec 26, 2004
I've watched enough of Sali when he played at Bundesliga and yeah he was a very useful player at his peak... but you guys (vlatko and Alen) made him look versatile to a limit that he can even replace his own coach during some games and act as a manager.

Sep 2, 2004
its funny how hasan gets the blame cuz we lost but BIRINDELLI falls down like a lil bitch and we get scored on.......also on the third goal what top quality club defence u know that lets a PRIMAVERA player get the ball in between 3 defenders turn and score the fuckin goal

on the penalty he couldnt have done a thing, its a natural reaction

Nov 1, 2002
blame juve management for selling Balzaretti who is more useful player than Birindelli and Salihamidzic, Balzaretti didnt have great skills but he was working hard everytime he played and he knew that he had to work hard and fight to be juventus player so i dont blame Salihamidzic or all the other new players because they still learning juve style and after watching so many players played for juve i think that only players with hard working spirit can play for juve and the management should have look for italian players instead because the italians know that they have to work hard to be able to play for juventus and in the history juve never had 11 world class line up but they had 11 worriors who knew how to defend juventus flag.
so in my opinion we dont have to attack the players that the club bought but blame the bad management

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Buffon
Thuram Montero Ferrara Zambrotta
Camoranesi Tacchinardi Davids
Nedved
Trezeguet Del Piero

Buffon
Zebina Thuram Cannavaro Zambrotta
Camoranesi Emerson Vieira Nedved
Trezeguet Del Piero

We never had 11 worldclass players? Zebina and Tacchinardi might be debatable, but then it would still be 10+ 1 good player.

IF anything we lack worldclass now and have too many fighters. By watching our play it's so obvious that we are lacking in quality not in players that provide quantity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)