Has the human race stopped evolution? (2 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
so where does corporate responsibility end and personal responsibility begins ?
Corporate responsiblity ends with, "Would you like fries with that?"

Personal responsibility begins with, "Yes, I'll take two king size orders."

But I gotta say ... have any of you actually seen the McDonald's Web site lately? It's laid out like a tobacco company site laquered with layer upon layer of 100% horse manure.

Testicular

Dec 13, 2004
i think technology is continuing evolution of this worlde.

god created the world....> milanista > cave people > ....... > > > human's dominate the world and has reached fool potential > technology takes over. continues evolution > quick-pizza in 2mins > flying cars

things get better n more sophisticated rite. so tech is just part of it

hi im new here :cheesy:

Mermaidah

May 18, 2003
I should've elaborated a little...let's take them one by one...

++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Actually, I don't think our brains work "less." I think, now, there's just so much more to take in because of the many more horizons that have been explored and the boundries broken.
YES. Our brains (and even our bodies) work less.Because people now are counting on technology to do their jobs. Let's say 80 or 90 %.
People use the calculator to solve simple mathematical problems!!!!!!
They often use elevators to climb to the first floor in a two-floor-building! They use cellphones to call other people in the room next door....etc...(this one point of view, and this applied to consumers not producers.)

Hasn't it always been like this?
Isn't this a form of evolution?
What do you mean by "it" and "this"?

I'll answer anyway!

1. This was my answer to the first post: technology would contiue growing slower than before. There have been times in history when new inventions and breakthroughs have been made continually. So dramatically. But now, we barley hear about new creations.

And what I mean by invetion is 'something noone has thought of before. Not improvements or adjusments made on something. Something that can be considered as a breakthrough'

2. And since almost all people needs have been satisfied, there're no inventions left for their current needs and technology will pursue slowly. If something new appeared, then people will think of an invention to solve it.

What do you mean "might/would." Many new inventions have always been used for war and destructive things. Though there's more than one perspective when it comes to deturmining what is or isn't "destructive"
There're two points of view:

1. "MIGHT" no one knows when this world is going to end. Maybe with this amount of violence and destruction, there'd be no life on earth at all, and then everything will stop!

2. "WOULD" Or it may continue on the same pattern, or maybe worse. But it would continue.

In terms of thinking that regular people would "get bored" and turn to distrutive ways once their needs are satisfied (assuming that's what you mean), I'd have to disagree. Since when have people been "satisfied." I don't want to get to phylisophical, but do you really think there is an end to people wanting more luxury?
Another thing is (already mentioned this) : most of the world "don't" live in "luxury."
1.I wouldn't use the word 'regular people'. I'd rather 'privileged'.
2.We should know that there's a differenece between "need" and "luxury"
That's why, I'd rather use the word privileged people than regular. Because luxurious people got everything(food, technology, money) almost everything regular (or underprivileged) people don't have. Yet it's not enough. They want more luxury, not to satisfy their needs, but to satisfy their pride. Maybe because they think that have the right for all this luxury!

I really don't see the direction of your post.
I hope my answers are clear to you....

Alex

May 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Mermaidah ] ++

This was my answer to the first post: technology would contiue growing slower than before. There have been times in history when new inventions and breakthroughs have been made continually. So dramatically. But now, we barley hear about new creations.

what are you rambling about? look at the rate at which new mobile phones, computers, mp3 players etc are being developed. sure their not all new concepts but there getting faster, smaller, more powerful etc and as you get to an old age and you find that you become less in touch with these things one day you'll look back and find that the world has become somewhat estranged.

my point is that with each generation technological complexity increases. these changes may appear subtle to us but in respect to the changes made by humans 50 000 years ago who took say 10 000 yrs to establish a new cutting tool than surely our progress is not slowing down

Mermaidah

May 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

what are you rambling about? look at the rate at which new mobile phones, computers, mp3 players etc are being developed. sure their not all new concepts but there getting faster, smaller, more powerful etc and as you get to an old age and you find that you become less in touch with these things one day you'll look back and find that the world has become somewhat estranged.
++ [ originally posted by Mermaidah ] ++
And what I mean by invetion is 'something noone has thought of before. Not improvements or adjusments made on something. Something that can be considered as a breakthrough'
:)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Technology or not, the biology of humans is still evolving rapidly. It's widely accepted among scientists and researchers that it's only been in the past 1,000 years that the Anglo-Saxons evolved from an edge-to-edge bite to an overbite that's better suited for their shift in diet towards starches and carbohydrates.

Given that homo sapiens has been around for some 200,000 years or so, 1,000 years is nothing.

Gaston

Feb 8, 2004
The question here is about the future and what will the future become? That is a question that has no answers. We strong blend feelings for the future. It is so full of hope and possibilities. Everything we haven’t done can be done in the future. Something which makes you an human being, is that you can imagine the future. You use this capability every day, often without thinking of it. You make plans for the next day, next week or even next year. You are able to guess how the close future will become, and sooner or later you will force yourself to think haw the future shall become years ahead. That is what you do when you get an education, buy a place to live and find someone to grow old with.

The future is an unknown land. We can rave about the future. Some people imagine war, pollution, crimes and frightening things that could happen in the future. But we all would like a world with peace, happiness, friendships and technology. The ability to think about the future gives us a footstep in preference to every animal on the globe. That is one of the reasons why the human being is the dominating animal species on the earth today. But that also gives us many sorrows, because think of all the unpleasant and terrifying that could happen in the future. We know that it contains many perils. We know that all the people we love, and our selves, will die in the future. But some people don’t even care about the great, distant future. But that is probably understandable because why do we have to think what’s going to happen in about 500 years? We have already died before then!

But that concern us, whether we like it or not. Just think of it; the people who live now, have an enormous influence on the future. The choices we do, will decide very much how people are going to live in about a hundred, or perhaps in thousands years ahead. We have the same power over the future as the people in the past have over us. It was the past which decided which language we talk now and which religion that is most enlarged. Even small thinks, as the appearance of the letters you read on this page, were decided by the people in the past. We are the futures past. We live in what the people would call “old days” in a hundred years. What we do today will influence the way people live in the future.

That is why environmental organisations invite us to think about the future when we choose haw we are living. Something simple as the garbage problem affects the future. Many types of plastic can “survive” over hundred of years, and if we don’t do anything about this garbage, maybe the people in the future have to. The garbage chutes are only one of the problems the future can inherit. Today we live on a planet which is pretty much explored. It is not possible to expeditions, like people did until the beginning of the 19th century. The earth is too overcrowded, the nature is too damaged, and it’s noting room for adventures. But in the future everything can happen, we all just have to wait and live our lives.

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
Its over. The human race has had its time but now is the time of the gingerbread zombies. We had a good run though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)