Has Godot Finally Returned? (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
After a brilliant finish to the season,a World Cup goal and some good pre-season performances including a game winning brace in the Italian Supercup and a splendid free kick in Italy's 1st Euro 2004 Qualifier some,with the addition of myself,are saying that the "real" Alessandro Del Piero has returned.

I,and many more blackandwhite supporters are looking for big things from the man once called Pinturicchio. I believe,that this season will be the one if which DP plays like how he did when he was one of the best in the world in what he did.

What do you think about this?

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I just hope he is not peaking to early as he is scoring too much for my liking this early in the season but as long as he keeps it up then its all good

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
As we all notice, Del Piero is at his best (Performance and Moral)

Since his injury, he's been SLOWLY and gradually getting back to his old self.

3 seasons ago he was only scoring penalties!
2 seasons ago he was good, but very inconsistant
last season he did great, but was inconsistant
Now it seems that he is at 100% and consistant.

i think he will have a great season like the one before his injury. Whats best is that now DP has Super mental strength.

FORZA GODOT :thumb:

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    I like the nickname Godot. Apparently Agnelli game it to him.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    Well godot comes from a play. And it implies possible pessimism from Agnelli when he decided to use that name, because godot never came in the play, and those two idiots kept messing around.... or maybe its a motivational technique :)

And I am a bit tired of this question. Of course he's returned!!! He returned the day he scored that goal against Bari....

Give him some time to unpack, relax, have a good lie-in-breakfast, and THEN u can wait for him to return to form!!

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Don't think Agnelli meant it as a compliment Dp's a, and Dp was not too pleased either

Waiting for God or waiting for godot

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Don't think Agnelli meant it as a compliment Dp's a, and Dp was not too pleased either

Waiting for God or waiting for godot
    It could be used as either in my opinion. It could be saying that the real Del Piero will never return or that DP is going to return. Anyways,when I said I liked the nickname I just ment I like how the word sounds!:D:D

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    IMO godot can't be a positve nickname, cause in the bokk written by samuell beckett(i think) godot never appears, he never shows up.

ACUG

Sep 14, 2002
    i guess 20 goals for a support striker wasnt good enough for Agnielli.

well, he'll get more this season, sont worry bout that!

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
    IMO godot can't be a positve nickname, cause in the bokk written by samuell beckett(i think) godot never appears, he never shows up.
    Do you really think that Agnelli is that smart?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)