Harvard: Juventus is the Third Most Popular Club (1 Viewer)

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
I think the calciopoli was not good for our image..
Really? :p

But in all seriousness, it's not so much image as it is marketing, hence why Calderon went to speak at Harvard Business School. Personally I think that a club needs superstars before it can market anyone successfully, and usually an attacking player since the majority of people with $$$ to burn [and heck, people in general] can appreciate Ibra bubble gum joga bonito more than defense. Bonus if the guy has a pretty or distinctive face.

Then you let the player make a lot of ads, which he'll do anyway because he wants the money. Once everyone knows who he is, the team should go on tour, preferably to Asia, to play some exhibition matches with 1000 kg worth of t-shirts in the luggage. The exhibition matches should be as flashy and high scoring as possible. Then everyone who sees one of those, regardless of how boring the team is usually, will consider himself a fan and want to buy a shirt, etc. Once you have money from that you can spend it on some small things like donations, a really nice website [which we need], and actual charity matches. Voila, a club that makes lots of money and enough to cover the cost of the superstar.

Only problem is acquiring the star playmaker/striker/fantasista. I think this is a classic case of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. But we're Juve, we have the money, we just need to do something with it.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #22
    Where I come from most "fans" don't even know the basics about their club. I bet most Barca fans over here do not know that Catalonia is a long story of struggle and fighting oprression. Or that the club is strictly against ads on jersies. Or the name of their "ultras"....etc. Same could be said about Real Madrid fans....So are these considered fans?

I remember once I went to a caffe to watch Real-Barca (the 4-2 match iirc, where Zidane scored a header and hit his head on the post), anyways there were a group of friends fiddling around with the remote looking for the channel that will broadcast the match. So I went up to them and took the remote from them and entered the frequencies, and we got the channel without looking through 1000's of channels. One guy was like "man you are the best you just made my day, I was so afraid I would miss barca, I live and dream barca" I politely replied "anytime" and sat down. So I hear that same guy talking to his friend "today Barca will F*** ur Real up the ass" and was so excited blah blah blah....

Half way through the second half, Real was up 4-1. So I look up to that guy, I find him talking with his friends, laughing and joking around and the match seemed to be the last thing on his mind, he already gave up on barca....Is this a fan??

Adzke

May 19, 2007
    ßömßäяdîëя;1379720 said:
    You rule Serie B......FOR A YEAR.....now I must leave.
    What else should we have done? Stopped fighting for promotion?

We will once again rule Serie A and Binter will no longer be the Juventus of Serie A; we will.

Adzke

May 19, 2007
    ßömßäяdîëя;1379722 said:
    Settle down, homie, I'm just fuckin' around.
    1. I am calm
    2. I'm not your homie :D

ßömßäяdîëя;1379722 said:
    And you should have been a mid-table team the rest of your days, that is what would have been awesome.
    :eyebrows:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I think HBS, with all due respect, should stick to calculating the popularity of MLB and NFL clubs.
    Can't do that. I once wrote a term paper in grade school on the 1974 Pittsburgh Steelers. My teacher basically ripped me a new one, saying that sports is a cop-out for literature.

Sounds like some HBS students found a loophole.

Marko

GhostDog
    May 1, 2006
    ßömßäяdîëя;1379722 said:
    Settle down, homie, I'm just fuckin' around.

And you should have been a mid-table team the rest of your days, that is what would have been awesome.
    Like Bayern these days?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)