Harvard: Juventus is the Third Most Popular Club (1 Viewer)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
President Ramón Calderón to speak tomorrow at the prestigious American university

Ramón Calderón, President of Real Madrid, is travelling to the United States to give a lecture in Boston's Harvard University on Tuesday 1 May concerning the ins and outs of the Club's economic and marketing strategies.

Included in the syllabus for Harvard Business School's (HBS) marketing and business students is the “Real Madrid Club de Fútbol” Multimedia Case, which trails the brilliant and exemplary management of the sports company based out of the Spanish capital.

This way, the President will explain to the students who will fill up HBS Spangler Auditorium the details of the management of a Club that has become a landmark in the entrepreneurial world and arguably the most recognised sports brand in the planet.

On October 2006, Harvard performed a study on the worldwide impact of the Real Madrid brand. It concluded that the Club had over 228 million followers in the world. Next in line were: Manchester United (168M), Juventus (140M), Bayern Munich (113M), and Barcelona (35M).

This is the third time this lecture will take place. The prior one was held at the beginning of this school year and was also delivered by President Calderón via videoconference from within the Santiago Bernabéu stadium.

Harvard University is one, if not the most prestigious educational centre within the US and worldwide. It is considered the oldest higher learning institution in the United States. Founded in September 1636 under the name New College in Cambridge, Massachusetts, it picked up the name Harvard College on 13 March 1639 in honour of clergyman John Harvard, its principal donor. Its current name, Harvard University, dates back to the end of the 18th Century.

Harvard is a private university and manages the largest educational endowment in the world, at USD 29.2 billion in 2006. Its nine faculties oversee 11 colleges with 2,497 non-medical faculty -plus 10.674 medical faculty- teaching 6.715 undergraduates and 12,424 graduate and professional students.

Among its graduates are renowned Americans and historical world figures. A total of 40 Nobel laureates and 7 US Presidents have honoured Harvard's halls.

http://www.realmadrid.com/articulo/rma39180.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't know if this was shared over on the forums, but I think it deserves a mention.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2
    Could some mod edit the thread title? I don't know how "President Ramón Calderón to speak tom" got in there :confused:

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
    Damn, I won't be there until next year...

As much as some people might dislike Real, I imagine it would be a somewhat interesting speech, at least.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    actualy juve was nr 1 for years. In the last years Manu made alot for its image in asia. they know how to win supporters in Asia.. Real meanwhile is trying to get popular by buying famous players.. Belive me most of real fans even do not know that this years title was the first since 4 years... they just think, wau real madrid, great players.. but in fact they are a group of idiots..

I think the calciopoli was not good for our image.. but with right markting strategy we can win back our first postion in 5-10 years..

Forza juve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)