Happy news people!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Conte and Ferrara both signed contract extentions to keep them at the club for one more season, so I doubt they'll be leaving. Getting rid of the surplus at the back makes sense though, so au revoir Mark et Paolo. Bienvenue Mexes et Ferrari :)
You're right... Ciro joins our coaching staff right after his retirement, I don't know about Conte, maybe he'll stay too... I won't miss those two, unless our summer campaign goes REALLY WRONG... But fortunately I can't see that happening...

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Wow, would be great.

I have always been sceptical about transfers, and this deal is not an exception.

Let's wait and see what turns out of all this.

But at the same time, losing Iuliano and especially Conte is a risky undertaking.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
This sucks. I want Conte and Montero to end their careers here :frown:
I want Ferrara and Conte to end their careers here, but Montero?! This season was just too awful for Paulo, so I can't cope with him anymore... Remember his smart decisions this year, like the red card against inter?!

Pendir, Conte is staying, he extended his contract earlier this year... And so did Di Vaio, that's why I think that he'll stay too...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Everyone agrees that Montero had a shocker of a season, but he's been great for us for the whole time he was here, and he never lacked passion or commitment. I don't think we should let this season tarnish his status as a Juventus hero, and I hope he ends his career here too. Sadly to say, preferably at the end of this season

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
I don't mind if luliano want to leave us but Conte & Montero has done alot to Juve and I want to see them end their career here......as a proud Juventini

I disagree if you guys blame Montero for his awful season....maybe he made couple of stupid mistake but he never let us down when we needed him the most, and my respect goes to Montero as nobody would be brave enough to tackle the ball from the opponent inside the penalty box....his form suck this season, who knows next season will be better for him and rest of other juve players

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
From the latest new in Italy it looks like we will swap Iuliano with Oddo(Great deal IMO!!!).
And Conte,yeah i'm pretty sure he will stay,with Ferrara as well and then retire.
As for Montero.it is possible for him to go to the Spurs.He had been amazing for us for a lot of years...but his time has just passed.good luck Paolo.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Roman ] ++
From the latest new in Italy it looks like we will swap Iuliano with Oddo(Great deal IMO!!!).
And Conte,yeah i'm pretty sure he will stay,with Ferrara as well and then retire.
As for Montero.it is possible for him to go to the Spurs.He had been amazing for us for a lot of years...but his time has just passed.good luck Paolo.
I say that is a reasonable possibility, swapping Iuliano for Oddo, comsidering that Lazio are gonna be short on the backline. I say sell Montero to the highest bidder, even if it is for 15 Euros.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Juventus chief Luciano Moggi has hinted this could Paolo Montero's last season with the club.
The Uruguay international if off contract in the summer and Moggi said: "There are players, as an example Montero, that for age and their contract they will stay with us until the end of their agreement (June 2004), then there will be the time in order to consider the situation."

He added, "We have great confidence in this squad and those players we have not re-signed, does not mean we will be selling to other clubs."

venom

Oct 22, 2003
If that's not just normal Moggi-talk then why are they telling different in investor-oriented document:confused: well, we'll see in summer at the latest.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Yeah, We'll see what happens this summer.

EDIT: I saw the report and I think it's more reliable so it's 2005. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)