Happy birthday! (28 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Zlatan said:
Yeah, I've lost some weight too, I was out of shape. Lost around 8-10 pounds, need to lose around 12 or 14 more. I want to be at around 140.
Good for you,man.

Have more sex. That always works for me

OP
Tifoso

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
  • Thread Starter #224
    Zlatan said:
    TBH, I do think thats true. Why? Well, because you dont need to be any better. You have huge freeways, straight roads, as much parking space as you need, automatic gearshifts, etc.

Europeans on the other hand...

Lets take Sarajevo as an example. First of all, you cant go 10 miles in a straight line in Bosnia, there are hills all over the place, you go from one curve to the other, the roads are pitiful, most of them with just one lane, unseperated from the oncoming trafic. You have to worry about oncoming cars swerving at you, drunk people lying on the road in the middle of the night, slippery roads, fog, snow...

About city driving, dont even get me started. There isnt even the basic of driving culture, people are incredibly impatient and rude. There simply isnt a lot of space, specially in the older parts of town, oftan have I had to pass other cards in the minimum of space, Sarajevo is located in a vally between 4 hills and most of the older parts are on hills which are very steep and also very narrow, often for two cars to just barely pass eachother. The parking? Dont even get me started on the parking, I cant even remember all the places I've had to park on, regularely on sidewalks, on grass, in mud, squeeze it in between 2, 3, 4 cars, etc...

It's chaos. But, somewhere along the line you get used to it. You never have to.

Didn't know you were Bosnian.:oops:

Quite a number of your countrymen/women at TSN.

(What's the name of the Bosnian Marian shrine, again?)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Sergio said:
    Wrong Mustang, you doucheface. :D

That's my NEW mustang.

THe 1971 Boss is Blood Red.

And wait a minute, I happen to love the color of my new mustang. Its very unique
    Unique. Perfect description. :D

Btw "unique" does not require a modifier of any kind.. :D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Tifoso Lou said:
    Didn't know you were Bosnian.:oops:

Quite a number of your countrymen/women at TSN.

(What's the name of the Bosnian Marian shrine, again?)

Yep ;)

BTW, what Bosnian Marian shrine, I'm not sure I follow?

You mean the place where allegedly that spirit of someone appeared? Thats Međugorje.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Sergio, the whole automatic gear shift is a bit of a turn-off but as long as you can still park like a pro (aka "Dutchman") on an average Amsterdam street, I'll still want to marry you :weee:

OP
    Tifoso

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
  • Thread Starter #235
    Zlatan said:
    Yep ;)

BTW, what Bosnian Marian shrine, I'm not sure I follow?

You mean the place where allegedly that spirit of someone appeared? Thats Međugorje.

That's the one. (Not approved by the Church, BTW)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Zlatan said:
    TBH, I do think thats true. Why? Well, because you dont need to be any better. You have huge freeways, straight roads, as much parking space as you need, automatic gearshifts, etc.

Europeans on the other hand...

Lets take Sarajevo as an example. First of all, you cant go 10 miles in a straight line in Bosnia, there are hills all over the place, you go from one curve to the other, the roads are pitiful, most of them with just one lane, unseperated from the oncoming trafic. You have to worry about oncoming cars swerving at you, drunk people lying on the road in the middle of the night, slippery roads, fog, snow...

About city driving, dont even get me started. There isnt even the basic of driving culture, people are incredibly impatient and rude. There simply isnt a lot of space, specially in the older parts of town, oftan have I had to pass other cards in the minimum of space, Sarajevo is located in a vally between 4 hills and most of the older parts are on hills which are very steep and also very narrow, often for two cars to just barely pass eachother. The parking? Dont even get me started on the parking, I cant even remember all the places I've had to park on, regularely on sidewalks, on grass, in mud, squeeze it in between 2, 3, 4 cars, etc...

It's chaos. But, somewhere along the line you get used to it. You never have to.

I made so many spelling misstakes in that post that it's not even funny :eek:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Erik said:
    Sergio, the whole automatic gear shift is a bit of a turn-off but as long as you can still park like a pro (aka "Dutchman") on an average Amsterdam street, I'll still want to marry you :weee:

Turn-off as it may be to you Erik, consider this for a moment:

Having an automatic transmission does allow my free hand to work on other things. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    The problem is nobody is buying cars from Detroit, and rightfully so because they ae lacking compared to German and Japanese automakers. Simple as that. And those foreign automakers have popular opinion on their side as well, which is a huge advantage from a marketing perspective considering many people buy cars from a aesthetic point of view, not just economical. And the problem with American automobiles in this day and age is that not many are aesthetically superior or economically superior to their competitor's products overseas...recipe for disaster.

Some auto-ranker just named the Honda Civic as car of the year due to advancements in technology and style...case in point.

However, coming from a guy who considers Detroit and it's suburbs my natural home, this is very sad indeed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)