Happy birthday! (48 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Sergio said:
Personally, except for the Mustang, I think that most American cars suck as well. Except for the Muscle cars of the mid 60's to early 70's. Now THAT is some fine American craftsmanship.

Which reminds me. Did I tell you I got my hands on a 1971 Mustang Boss 302?? It needs a LOT of work. Possibly 2 full summers worth of work, but for 5 grand, I couldn't turn it down. Now, I just need to scrape up antoher 15000 for the restoration project.

Did I say 2 summers?? make that 4

Very :cool:

The ladies will be all over you. Too bad you're merried, if you could only borrow that car to some young law student to cruise in ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You assumed WRONG, my friend.

And believe me, it hurts me to tell you that. I truly wanted a 5 speed, but my wife says. "But, But, But I Wanna drive it too, and I can't drive a manual"

To which I replied "Baby, I can teach you how to drive one"

To which she replied "No. I don't wanna learn."

To which I replied "Fine. But when I get the 2007 Shelby Cobra, its coming with a 6 speed, and you're fukked."

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Zlatan said:
Very :cool:

The ladies will be all over you. Too bad you're merried, if you could only borrow that car to some young law student to cruise in ;)
The ladies are already all over me dude. Ever since I got married. and, well, lost the 45 pounds too. I think that helped

OP
Tifoso

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
  • Thread Starter #207
    Erik said:
    I'm not offended Lou; I'm a bit stronger than that I'm glad to say.

However, your comparison doesn't quite stack up. Overweight is directly linked to other physical problems through medical links that can be scientifically proven.

But did you ever stop to think the rates of depression and suicide amongst homosexuals is higher than among the general population because they (except in the Netherlands) don't possess the same rights as the rest of the general population, get discriminated against, sometimes even tortured or sentenced to death?

Even in the Netherlands, where the suicide and depression rate amongst homosexuals has balanced out to the population's average; I've seen examples of my theory.

I myself have only come across supportive and positive reactions when I came out to family and friends. However, a friend of mine received judgemental and discriminating reactions from his family. He was even banned from his church and ended up in depression because of it. If not for help and respect from me, his sister and two other friends, he would probably have killed himself.

Now tell me if 'rising high' has suddenly become a very relative term, Lou. Because from where I'm standing; urging others to ignore their sexuality when you have no idea what it's like is sinking very, very low.

I respect your opinion. :)

OP
    Tifoso

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
  • Thread Starter #209
    Sergio said:
    You assumed WRONG, my friend.

And believe me, it hurts me to tell you that. I truly wanted a 5 speed, but my wife says. "But, But, But I Wanna drive it too, and I can't drive a manual"

To which I replied "Baby, I can teach you how to drive one"

To which she replied "No. I don't wanna learn."

To which I replied "Fine. But when I get the 2007 Shelby Cobra, its coming with a 6 speed, and you're fukked."

A Boss---very nice :cool:

My parents had a 1965 Mustang--one of the first ones out...289:cool:

and sold it for next to nothing. :shocked:

I would so love to have one...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Tifoso Lou said:
    A Boss---very nice :cool:

My parents had a 1965 Mustang--one of the first ones out...289:cool:

and sold it for next to nothing. :shocked:

I would so love to have one...
    Its not very nice if you look at it now.

Give me a few years

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I see the "Happy Birthday" thread eventually turned into a "I hate you" thread. Truth be told I didn't think it would come this far..

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Tifoso Lou said:
    Nope. Cause it's true.

TBH, I do think thats true. Why? Well, because you dont need to be any better. You have huge freeways, straight roads, as much parking space as you need, automatic gearshifts, etc.

Europeans on the other hand...

Lets take Sarajevo as an example. First of all, you cant go 10 miles in a straight line in Bosnia, there are hills all over the place, you go from one curve to the other, the roads are pitiful, most of them with just one lane, unseperated from the oncoming trafic. You have to worry about oncoming cars swerving at you, drunk people lying on the road in the middle of the night, slippery roads, fog, snow...

About city driving, dont even get me started. There isnt even the basic of driving culture, people are incredibly impatient and rude. There simply isnt a lot of space, specially in the older parts of town, oftan have I had to pass other cards in the minimum of space, Sarajevo is located in a vally between 4 hills and most of the older parts are on hills which are very steep and also very narrow, often for two cars to just barely pass eachother. The parking? Dont even get me started on the parking, I cant even remember all the places I've had to park on, regularely on sidewalks, on grass, in mud, squeeze it in between 2, 3, 4 cars, etc...

It's chaos. But, somewhere along the line you get used to it. You never have to.

OP
    Tifoso

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
  • Thread Starter #218
    swag said:
    I believe that you're a genuinely nice guy, Lou. But you also make a good case for being paranoid. :scared: Definitely need to work on that.

Really?:shocked:

Maybe I'm taking "forum speak" to seriously?

Ze---I apologize.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Sergio said:
    The ladies are already all over me dude. Ever since I got married. and, well, lost the 45 pounds too. I think that helped

Yeah, I've lost some weight too, I was out of shape. Lost around 8-10 pounds, need to lose around 12 or 14 more. I want to be at around 140.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)