Happy birthday! (34 Viewers)

OP
Tifoso

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
  • Thread Starter #141
    RochemBeck said:
    Your views on homosexuality and politics, for instance. Don't get me wrong Lou, you're a nice guy and all, however you share the same "it's my way or the highway" attitude Seven has, just in a more reserved way. I am a catholic as well, however I prefer to let people live how they would like to live their life. Who are we to say otherwise, Lou?
    But I don't disagree with that.

It is absolutely not my place to judge.

Now, if you came to me and said that you were offering child sacrifices at home, that'd be one thing (ie it involves another, innocent human being).

If you said "I like to drink to the point of vomit every single day", I would point out how such behavior is bad for you physically, mentally, and, yes, spiritually. I would not, however, judge you (at least I would not, as a fallen human being, try to judge you)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Tifoso Lou said:
    But I don't disagree with that.

It is absolutely not my place to judge.

Now, if you came to me and said that you were offering child sacrifices at home, that'd be one thing (ie it involves another, innocent human being).

If you said "I like to drink to the point of vomit every single day", I would point out how such behavior is bad for you physically, mentally, and, yes, spiritually. I would not, however, judge you (at least I would not, as a fallen human being, try to judge you)
    Would you judge me if I had the incessive need to insult people like you?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    That's way too easy. :D

I like Lou. He gives me cavities every time I read his posts, but that's all good. You can't get annoyed with people in an internet forum. I came to that conclusion moments after I had a major run-in with Seven a couple of months ago.

Fukk it. Live and Let Live. So what did I do??? I took the Mustang on a 120mph joyride on an open strecth of Route 295, baby. :D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Tifoso Lou said:
    Not being a smart a@@---but how is that intolerant? I didn't say I hate gays (I do not). I didn't even say that it's wrong to be gay. All I said was that we are more than our genes. Which is true.

If I've offended you, I sincerely apologize. You are one of my favorite posters here.
    There are several interpretations to that post, all are deeply humiliating and insulting.

Firstly it is easy to conclude you would put animals and homosexuals at the same level, everyone else on higher levels. Secondly there's the comparison between homosexuality and bad habits (overdrinking in this case). Thirdly one might be lead to believe you think open homosexuals are weak for not resisting their urges and finally, even if you never meant all the above, it still doesn't testify of a whole lot of respect towards the choices of other people they made concerning their lives.

I respect your views on homosexuality because you are entitled to them and I'm not immediately offended by them because I have my own beliefs and you are miles and miles away of being able to influence them; only close friends, my family and my boyfriend can.
    However, you cannot express an opinion of the sort and still claim to be tolerant. At least come out and admit your views on said topic aren't among the most open and liberal. It's the very least you can do after having made clear you look down on a certain group of people.

OP
    Tifoso

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
  • Thread Starter #148
    Zé Tahir said:

Are you going to laugh at everything I say?---cause it's getting old.

And you wanna talk side splitter? Cricket. Wooooooohaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa :rofl:

Just kidding about that--but now you might know how I feel.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Sergio said:

I like Lou. He gives me cavities every time I read his posts, but that's all good. You can't get annoyed with people in an internet forum. I came to that conclusion moments after I had a major run-in with Seven a couple of months ago.

Fukk it. Live and Let Live. So what did I do??? I took the Mustang on a 120mph joyride on an open strecth of Route 295, baby. :D
    Sure ya did, Sergio.

295? As in Providence's Beltway system? Could you even break the speed limit? ;)

Jan 7, 2004
    Sergio said:

sergio after all

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Hey, its the King of Off-Topic, with yet another Off-Topic question.

What the hell is this Green square just below my online status??

It says I'm on a distinguished road. How the hell do you people know where I live?? Don't make me unleash the guard dogs. :D

Seriously, what is that all about

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    You don't believe that my Baby can hit 120, Andy?? Oh it can, believe you me.

And the stretch of 295 I was referring to is a 2 mile straightaway between Cumberland, RI and South Attleboro, MA

OP
    Tifoso

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
  • Thread Starter #160
    Erik said:
    There are several interpretations to that post, all are deeply humiliating and insulting.

Firstly it is easy to conclude you would put animals and homosexuals at the same level, everyone else on higher levels. Secondly there's the comparison between homosexuality and bad habits (overdrinking in this case). Thirdly one might be lead to believe you think open homosexuals are weak for not resisting their urges and finally, even if you never meant all the above, it still doesn't testify of a whole lot of respect towards the choices of other people.

I respect your views on homosexuality because you are entitled to them and I'm not immediately offended by them because I have my own beliefs and you are miles and miles away of being able to influence them; only close friends, my family and my boyfriend can.
    However, you cannot express an opinion of the sort and still claim to be tolerant. At least come out and admit your views on said topic aren't among the most open and liberal. It's the very least you can do after having made clear you look down on a certain group of people.
    Again, if I've offended you, I sincerely apologize.
    I, in my faith tradition, think of ALL men and women as my brothers and sisters.

Homosexuality is not "good" for you, though. Homosexuals have many times the level of depression, suicide, and mental illness compared to the general population. (I am not saying that you do, Erik, OK? I pray that you do not.)

It would be similar to saying that people that are overweight have many times the level of heart disease, diabetes, etc of the general population.

Neither of those are moral judgements; but both happen to be true.

Please, I do not mean to offend you. Honestly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)