Happy birthday! (49 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Sergio said:
Oh, your timing couldn't be better, Erik.

I happen to have some beer with me right now. Granted, I'm still at work, but, whatever.
Just spill the beer the same way you're spilling the chilli, it will all be natural.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Tifoso Lou said:
How am I an intolerant poster? Name one instance. Please :) (and Seven doesn't count--Mother Teresa would get p*ssed at him)
Here's one:

Tifoso Lou said:
If you are conflicted--then you want to change. It isn't too late.
Look, lets put it this way: my genes predispose me to being, say, hypertensive. It is "what I am". But we are built to be more than "what we are". I can choose to be more than my genes--it is what really makes me human. To be held to a higher standard, if you will. To change my life-style to avoid/control my hypertension.
I may tend toward overdrinking (say)--I must rise above it and refuse/push the extra glass away.

I am not an animal-- neither, obviously, are you. Rise above it. Rise to your highest calling--not your lowest. You can do it. :)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Tifoso Lou said:
That explains it. Who was it that said there is no more virulent antiCatholic than an exCatholic?

If you're agnostic....then you're not Catholic.

Religion is different than ethnicity. A person born an Italian Catholic will always be Italian, but may not always be Catholic.

And I sincerely apologize for going after you as I did above. It just angered me that you were attacking someone who was defending me. I apologize for the words I used, and for my anger, but not for defending Z.
Not really true. I never attack Catholics for their beliefs in real life. I have been Catholic at least half of my life, but now I consider myself to be an agnost.

OP
Tifoso

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
  • Thread Starter #127
    Erik said:
    He has a point though. Does what you said still apply if you don't use the word 'friend' as losely as is usually done in Italian culture?

Sorry Erik, but you lost me:oops:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Tifoso Lou said:
    How am I an intolerant poster? Name one instance. Please :) (and Seven doesn't count--Mother Teresa would get p*ssed at him)
    Your views on homosexuality and politics, for instance. Don't get me wrong Lou, you're a nice guy and all, however you share the same "it's my way or the highway" attitude Seven has, just in a more reserved way. I am a catholic as well, however I prefer to let people live how they would like to live their life. Who are we to say otherwise, Lou?

OP
    Tifoso

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
  • Thread Starter #134
    Erik said:
    Here's one:

Not being a smart a@@---but how is that intolerant? I didn't say I hate gays (I do not). I didn't even say that it's wrong to be gay. All I said was that we are more than our genes. Which is true.

If I've offended you, I sincerely apologize. You are one of my favorite posters here.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Homosexuality??

Oh.

So, basically, he's saying to "rise above" who you are in terms of homosexuality?? As if someone can just turn it on and off like a light switch. Or as if being a homosexual makes you less of a person??

Allrighty then.

OP
    Tifoso

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
  • Thread Starter #136
    Erik said:
    homosexuality

You said you have gay friends; would they still be friends when you use the word 'friends' in the American/Northern European sense of the word as opposed to the Italian?
    OK, now I'm completely lost. Please explain. :)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Erik said:
    I put all of it on Don Bes reaching 20k in more than five days :weee:

And yes of course as long as the job suits my skills!
    Have you broken in those new kneepads yet??

Oh my God. Did I say that out loud???? :D

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Erik said:
    I put all of it on Don Bes reaching 20k in more than five days :weee:
    You really are weird, then you know what, I will always create these bets...that way I will please all the audience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)