Hajj Al Sayid Nicolas Anelka - Shangai Shenhua (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
10 years ago when he played for Arsenal i think he was 1 step away from us and the deal broke down.
After that he said : ''One day i will play for Juve''.
10 years later....

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
They definitely need to sort $#@! out. Who are they to be responsible for our Scudetto and five points lead? :frown:
I am not criticizing Conte for his coaching skills. I am saying that Marotta and him need to sort out some management issues. Set a clear course of action and not contradict themselves. Loan out immobile, bring bendtner as a panic buy, bendtner injured lets try to bring back immobile.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Hey Arabs, someone explain the joke to us first worlders.
Hajj is usually a term reserved for those who have gone on a pilgrimage to Mecca. In essence, his choice of name is quite funny when you say it, at least for us Arabs, particularly with Al Sayid inserted after Hajj; Al Sayid roughly translates into Mr. which would imply that his name is Pilgrim Mr. Nicolas Anelka.

Odd choice of name, since most Frenchies that convert seem to have a liking for the name Bilal.

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #987
    I am not criticizing Conte for his coaching skills. I am saying that Marotta and him need to sort out some management issues. Set a clear course of action and not contradict themselves. Loan out immobile, bring bendtner as a panic buy, bendtner injured lets try to bring back immobile.
    The decision to sell 50% of Immobile was made in January 2012. What had Immobile done at January 2012 to warrant him a place at Juventus? Scored 12 goals under Zeman in Serie-B?

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    10 years ago when he played for Arsenal i think he was 1 step away from us and the deal broke down.
    After that he said : ''One day i will play for Juve''.
    10 years later....
    It was the great Agnelli that stopped the move back then. 10 years later the same people who praise Agnelli are giving excuses out of their assessment as to why Anelka is a good transfer. Talk about hypocrisy.

Apr 29, 2006
    In January 2012 we had the same problem with strikers we have now. If we had decided Immobile's route we shouldn't be flipping back and forth in the middle of the next January transfer window. Let him play at least two full seasons somewhere else and then we can evaluate him under less subjective conditions.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
    Signing this turd after letting Ale go in the summer is the ultimate stab in the back.

Where's the talk about not wanting bad boys, or we only don't want the bad boys that are out of our reach.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
    Hajj is usually a term reserved for those who have gone on a pilgrimage to Mecca. In essence, his choice of name is quite funny when you say it, at least for us Arabs, particularly with Al Sayid inserted after Hajj; Al Sayid roughly translates into Mr. which would imply that his name is Pilgrim Mr. Nicolas Anelka.

Odd choice of name, since most Frenchies that convert seem to have a liking for the name Bilal.
    This says he took the name Abdul-Salam Bilal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/feb/14/newsstory.sport9

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    The amount of bitching in this thread is making me seriously think twice if I really don't want Anelka to come. Bunch of drama queens :lol:

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #995
    Instead of defending the management at every given opportunity, why don't you tell us what you'd have done?
    In January?

I'd either sell one of Quags/Matri to fund Lisandro Lopez, or just stay as we are. Depends on how desperate the coach is to get rid off Matri/Quag.

I wouldn't sign Anelka, I don't see anything positive in this transfer, but I don't see anything negative either. He comes cheap, and on a six month contract. If he doesn't perform, he'll be out in June.

- - - Updated - - -

It was the great Agnelli that stopped the move back then. 10 years later the same people who praise Agnelli are giving excuses out of their assessment as to why Anelka is a good transfer. Talk about hypocrisy.
    According to Ancelotti, they just didn't find an agreement with Anelka at that time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)