Gym and fitness (28 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
It's been a month since I started going to sauna 4-5 days a week and still losing weight like crazy.

For how long do you lose water weight? How much water weight is there? What is this sorcery?

Also, can you maintain weight & calories and lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, or do you have to bulk and cut which always sounded like broscience to me?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It's been a month since I started going to sauna 4-5 days a week and still losing weight like crazy.

For how long do you lose water weight? How much water weight is there? What is this sorcery?

Also, can you maintain weight & calories and lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, or do you have to bulk and cut which always sounded like broscience to me?
Water weight depends on a lot of things, hormonal, sodium... As for your sencond question, how old are you what's your metabolism like and what's your target bodyfat

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
There's alot of options to "bulk". Let's say 3 months of bulking and then 3 months of cutting as a half year period. Then another way is to eat just above your daily caloric need and possibly gain for 5 months and then cut 4 weeks. If your starting point and goal is to lose weight and get certain fat %, then there's no need for bulking. The worst thing you can do is to stay overweighted for a long time and increase the amount of fat cells in your body and then when cutting, you still lose the weight but you don't lose the amount of fat cells but instead, they're just decreasing in size. On top of that, everybody has their own kind of set point where their bodies feel the most comfortable, atleast fat % wise. If your set point would be let's say at 20% and you would stay at 15%, it requires more than doing the sauna for 4-5 times a week so it would most likely require a total change in whole lifestyle, so it wouldn't be yo-yo effect with the weight going back n forth.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
There's alot of options to "bulk". Let's say 3 months of bulking and then 3 months of cutting as a half year period. Then another way is to eat just above your daily caloric need and possibly gain for 5 months and then cut 4 weeks. If your starting point and goal is to lose weight and get certain fat %, then there's no need for bulking. The worst thing you can do is to stay overweighted for a long time and increase the amount of fat cells in your body and then when cutting, you still lose the weight but you don't lose the amount of fat cells but instead, they're just decreasing in size. On top of that, everybody has their own kind of set point where their bodies feel the most comfortable, atleast fat % wise. If your set point would be let's say at 20% and you would stay at 15%, it requires more than doing the sauna for 4-5 times a week so it would most likely require a total change in whole lifestyle, so it wouldn't be yo-yo effect with the weight going back n forth.
Not trying to lose weight. Want it to remain the same or gain back the 5 lbs I lost from sauna...that was ideal weight for me.

Currently, BFP is 17, goal is 15. Abs is where I've fat remaining.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Not trying to lose weight. Want it to remain the same or gain back the 5 lbs I lost from sauna...that was ideal weight for me.

Currently, BFP is 17, goal is 15. Abs is where I've fat remaining.
With that little body fat to lose to hit your goal, increasing lean muscle mass gain will help the most. Not much need to do a heavy bulking cycle for that.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
@GordoDeCentral what do you think of the Russkie way of training where they train at 70% most days and go hard, at max once a week? You get most volume that way.
that’s pretty much how I train. I only max like once every couple of months. Lift everyday to 70%, I rotate and switch exercises pretty frequently. Should be said I lift to supplement my running.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)