Gym and fitness (33 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
The optimal diet is the one you can consistently stick to in order to achieve your fitness/lifestyle goals.
For different people that might mean different things.
Personally I could never go on a ketogenic diet or become a vegan. I'd live a miserable life if I was on either one of these diets.
Someone else might find them effective for losing weight/ attaining their ideal physique, and if it helps them do that, that's what they should stick to.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
The optimal diet is the one you can consistently stick to in order to achieve your fitness/lifestyle goals.
Personally I could never go on a ketogenic diet or become a vegan. I'd live a miserable life if I was on either one of these diets.
Someone else might find them effective for losing weight/ attaining their ideal physique, and if it helps them do that, that's what they should stick to.
This is the most important thing, and generally I think everyone could be able (if they want) to improve diet, whether that is of less or no sugar, plant-based, less carbs, whatever.
Biggest problem is that you should try some diets in smaller portions over time. A one month experiment is mostly doable, that’s how I found out I was eating much more sugar than I thought. As in, I had to kick off a bit after a week of no added sugar.
Currently doing one month of plant based, and have to say it is actually really easy. Think I might stick to “home veganism”, so might only eat animal based products in restaurants or at friends if everything continues like this.
Think almost all people could benefit from an experiment like this, but start slow, like replace one product over time starting with standard breakfast or lunch and gradually move on. I rarely miss anything that I used to eat or drink in the past.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
This is the most important thing, and generally I think everyone could be able (if they want) to improve diet, whether that is of less or no sugar, plant-based, less carbs, whatever.
Biggest problem is that you should try some diets in smaller portions over time. A one month experiment is mostly doable, that’s how I found out I was eating much more sugar than I thought. As in, I had to kick off a bit after a week of no added sugar.
Currently doing one month of plant based, and have to say it is actually really easy. Think I might stick to “home veganism”, so might only eat animal based products in restaurants or at friends if everything continues like this.
Think almost all people could benefit from an experiment like this, but start slow, like replace one product over time starting with standard breakfast or lunch and gradually move on. I rarely miss anything that I used to eat or drink in the past.
Good luck.If you're feeling better, go for it.
I cut out juices and soda (still drink them once in a while), that's pretty much the only restriction I imposed on my diet.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Of course, it depends what you're motivated by. After watching the documentary I've decided to experiment with the diet to see if it would benefit my workouts and football. The health benefits are welcome too.

Not sure if I'll stick with it, but I dont think I'd want to completely eliminate meat. Have it occasionally as a treat, rather than an everyday thing maybe.

It's simply gay by nature.
Too predictable bro, I knew you would say that

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yeah good video. He doesn't really disagree with or refute any if the claims, but notes that some are unprovable or based on weak or anecdotal evidence.

I know Tuz is generally anti-vegan diet. But what's so bad about it?
The thing is it's not really a diet it's a cult, vegans are insufferable cunts, i make it a point to stay away from anyone who advertises they are vegan.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Of course, it depends what you're motivated by. After watching the documentary I've decided to experiment with the diet to see if it would benefit my workouts and football. The health benefits are welcome too.

Not sure if I'll stick with it, but I dont think I'd want to completely eliminate meat. Have it occasionally as a treat, rather than an everyday thing maybe.
And the propaganda worked, who would've thought

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The thing is it's not really a diet it's a cult, vegans are insufferable cunts, i make it a point to stay away from anyone who advertises they are vegan.
:tup:

100% this. The vast majority of vegans are giant twats, and behave like cult members about their “veganism”.

- - - Updated - - -

I think part of the issue with vegan diets and with the opposite in extreme paleo diets (that aren’t paleo at all lol), is they don’t quite mesh with how our bodies have developed through evolution. They are missing specific things. Modern supplements and vitamins allow us to avoid the issues this causes, but I’d suggest it would be better to depend on a healthy and natural well-rounded diet as far as possible and only then resorting to supplements.

Last edited:

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015

100% this. The vast majority of vegans are giant twats, and behave like cult members about their “veganism”.
I think it's not a knock on veganism, but on people. There are a lot of "quite vegans" who despise this hollier than thou attitude. Morons are going to be morons. Veganism, social justice, race, religion, football are just vessels.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
And the propaganda worked, who would've thought
It's either bullshit or not. I'm into the facts

- - - Updated - - -

I think part of the issue with vegan diets and with the opposite in extreme paleo diets (that aren’t paleo at all lol), is they don’t quite mesh with how our bodies have developed through evolution. They are missing specific things. Modern supplements and vitamins allow us to avoid the issues this causes, but I’d suggest it would be better to depend on a healthy and natural well-rounded diet as far as possible and only then resorting to supplements.
Agreed, I wouldn't want to have to depend on taking supplements to make up for dietary deficiencies. If you don't eat meat you have to take B12 supplements, which is a no from me.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011

Why would you choose a vegan diet over a vegetarian one if you don't care about animals?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)