Gym and fitness (4 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah those places are no fuck about. If it's one including locals then even worse, because that is their life. You're just some white dude passing through, you're below everyone.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Yeah those places are no fuck about. If it's one including locals then even worse, because that is their life. You're just some white dude passing through, you're below everyone.
The place he went to keeps 8 spots open for foreigners who pay much more than locals. But he hasnt complained about the treatment, other than the fact that they dont really believe in injuries until you cant get out of bed. They had him running 8k's in the sand while he had sheen splints

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The place he went to keeps 8 spots open for foreigners who pay much more than locals. But he hasnt complained about the treatment, other than the fact that they dont really believe in injuries until you cant get out of bed. They had him running 8k's in the sand while he had sheen splints
It's good if the sensei (don't know the Thai equivalent) treats everyone the same, I just remember experience and examples where locals don't treat you equally.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
What do you guys think of lifting with a belt? I tried for the first time yesterday squating and found it a much nicer experience, the lift wasn't easier but I felt a lot more stable and went up 5kgs on my previous 5 rep max. Do anyone of you use one?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Increases abdominal pressure so you can do more weight on compound excercises.

It has ti be tight as fuck and only on during the set. Because thats how long youll tolerate it.

People who walk around with it, have it far to loose, and use it so their gut looks better.

Ironically, a correctly worn belt makes you look bad, always

- - - Updated - - -

I put mine on before each set, and remove it immediatly after.

Well, 85%+ sets on squat/deadlift

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I just got a portion of my toenail surgically removed, so I'm going to be avoiding things like squats and running for a little while, maybe even deadlifts too. Is there any combination of lifts I can do to even somewhat compensate for this without putting too much pressure on my feet?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Went to the gym this morning. Jesus christ what a waste of time. Hit a set of bench press and did some ab work after waiting 20 minutes and ran back home. Will return in a couple of weeks when the fatties give up.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I'm glad I was able to get a big 15 in, but I hate working out in crowded places with people waiting in line behind me. Plus gyms in Mexico suck. They find they can make more money on classes (zumba, pilates, yoga, boxing, etc) and so concentrate most of the gym space for that and much less for free weights. So when a lot of people want to hit the weights at the same time, it can be really terrible.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I just got a portion of my toenail surgically removed, so I'm going to be avoiding things like squats and running for a little while, maybe even deadlifts too. Is there any combination of lifts I can do to even somewhat compensate for this without putting too much pressure on my feet?
Use the machines. Like the leg press and hamstring curl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)