Gym and fitness (27 Viewers)

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
I have to see a physio :( I felt something pop in my right shoulder blade a few months back and it's never gotten better and I can't do any upper body or O-lifts at the moment, has anyone else has this? I think it's in my rhomboidal but maybe the lats

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Sucks man, hope its an easy fix for you..

Could anyone give me a recommendation on what protein powder to get? I feel my strenght going up all the time, but very little muscle growth. Its lookong aight, but I feel like it should be better after 7 months.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Well pretty much any protein will do it's job, although don't expect to much muscle growth. I would recommend Muscletech Phase 8 as a good choice, it has more calories and it's a blend and not typical isolate, however I've heard dozens of people that are really satisfied with it and most of them are advanced lifters.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Sucks man, hope its an easy fix for you..

Could anyone give me a recommendation on what protein powder to get? I feel my strenght going up all the time, but very little muscle growth. Its lookong aight, but I feel like it should be better after 7 months.
musclemeds Carnivor it's a great beef protein which I find is better than whey. Also use it in tandem with muscle meds secret sauce

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I think I'm going to skip the gym thing, I can't see myself sticking with it in the long term but I've been going for runs every day for almost a week now and doing lots of push-ups and sit ups, already way fitter. feelsgoodman.jpg

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Are there people here, who are consistantly working hard in a sport of some sort, that can answer the following question

if you have for example, a week of consistant arguments that effect you mentally, how does this effect your sport performance ?

Cheers

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Are there people here, who are consistantly working hard in a sport of some sort, that can answer the following question

if you have for example, a week of consistant arguments that effect you mentally, how does this effect your sport performance ?

Cheers
I usually use my workouts to get rid of my daily routine (sort of strange to say since workout is part of my daily routine but you know what I mean). In other words, it does not affect me in a negative way, I use my workouts to clear my mind.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Same for me as jack, it's a catharsis for me after being in the office, I was chatting to my gf earlier and she hit a deadlift PB today and she was in a shitty mood when she went to the gym.

How have you managed a week of constant arguments when it's your birthday week?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Worst birthday since 2008. Nearly broke up twice.

I feel less energetic, more tired. Had to max bench and deadlift today, and only managed 165 and 305 pr's. Was aiming at 170/175 and 315/320. Feels like i've done nothing the past 18 weeks.

Good thing i was still banned. I would have gone awol on lion's stupid post.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009

I feel less energetic, more tired. Had to max bench and deadlift today, and only managed 165 and 305 pr's. Was aiming at 170/175 and 315/320. Feels like i've done nothing the past 18 weeks.

That sucks man, I hope you and your partner are doing better now.

That does sound like it would have a negative impact on your lifting, have you thought about changing up your programme, find gains elsewhere - weighted Nordic curls/cable fly/dumbbell press and then go back to increasing your key lifts?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

What's wrong?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Crapton of stuff.

And today I have proclamation. On the exact same day my father(main reason for me to return to university, and bridge to engineer) passed away 2 years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)