Gym and fitness (24 Viewers)

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Look into the mirror and hate what a pathetic piece of shit pussy you are and demand to feel stronger

Follow up your progress by eighter tracking your lifts or taking pictures and feel horrible when eating something wrong

Consider missing a trainingday to be giving up and gains lost forever
:lol:

So basically you are your own Bonucci's motivator.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Look into the mirror and hate what a pathetic piece of $#@! pussy you are and demand to feel stronger

Follow up your progress by eighter tracking your lifts or taking pictures and feel horrible when eating something wrong

Consider missing a trainingday to be giving up and gains lost forever
:hustini:

I'm not sure what empathy has to do with it, it's an honest answer to the question. I don't need motivation because it's not a question of motivating myself it's just what I do as part of my life, it's the same for the rest of you otherwise you wouldn't do it.
Would it still be part of your life if your body stayed in perfect shape without work out and you could eat whatever?

- - - Updated - - -

Just had this for the first time. Don't know if its beneficial but its So delicious!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
:D

Really depends what your goals are or what you started off as. If it's vanity etc then maybe keep fat/skinny photos to hand. If you are into a personal or competitive level of aerobic or physio then it has to be a mindset.

Personally I'll never be determined enough to give up things I enjoy, or stop having days off, but that is my lifestyle choice. On a social level I'm simply not prepared to do it, as long as I look half decent in my own eyes and have a good level of overall fitness.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I hate the social aspect of having to share room with people who feel uncomfortable with powerlifters (aka 90% of most gym visitors)

Cant wait till we buy a house so i can establish my own home gym, and have fellow powerlifters or friends comming over

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
What are they uncomfortable about? The uncontrollable tempers of power lifters?
"they are just lifting a big weight for their ego, they want to think they are better then us but their arent shredded and got bitches mirin"
Yeah meatheads, thats why nobody cares about your isolation curl, and i had half the gym watching when i trippled 220kg squat last monday

I can give you a long list of ways they try to be annoying, but my girl is gonna arrive home in 15 minutes and i dont want to be in a bad mood

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the deal. We usually get along fine with the more dedicated bodybuilders, as we respect each others efford to improve.

BB's are accepted as everyone jerks off at their physique. But body n fit maggots dont care about strength. "Muscles are a way to get bitches mirin", thats the phylosophy

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Zach, do you have issues? Feel free to share (if you don't take it personal).

Because in this thread I see some weird side of you, the one who can't control himself and can headbutt a mirror once in a while or is it just me?

Question for those who work abs:

Do you work lower abs and upper abs usually together or you do it separately? I usually pick to do them separately on different days.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Zach, do you have issues? Feel free to share (if you don't take it personal).

Because in this thread I see some weird side of you, the one who can't control himself and can headbutt a mirror once in a while or is it just me?
I dont see how i have issues. I love to improve myself, and get stronger, i'm very fond of raw powerlifting.
I dont headbutt stuff, i have no controll issues. I'm a relaxed person in the gym, i only pump myself up when i'm doing 90%+ for reps on squat cause it helps to get that adrenaline going, and thats about it.

I'm actually annoyed when people act overly aggressive or noizy when there is no reason, or when the reason is there is good looking vagina closeby.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I dont see how i have issues. I love to improve myself, and get stronger, i'm very fond of raw powerlifting.
I dont headbutt stuff, i have no controll issues. I'm a relaxed person in the gym, i only pump myself up when i'm doing 90%+ for reps on squat cause it helps to get that adrenaline going, and thats about it.
You can get the adrenaline high without making yourself pussy like you described earlier. :D

Dec 26, 2004
I asked a gym partner about the situation with no powerrack, and he recommanded "rear leg elevated split squats".

Key to this excercise is that you are training depth, strength and balance, whilst the weight is relatively low compared to the full squat weight

To put the bar in position, its best if you take it off the ground like with overheads, but then place it behind the head on the neck.

But first, start without a bar like this :

Once the balance on that is going well, you can switch to the barbell like this :

I have tried this today with no weight as it require some balance and concentration, I was thinking of dumbell squat, do you think that could help?

Another issue would raise here since the biggest dumbell in my gym is 25KG only.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I love going to the gym tho. All the hot girls and swole bros are motivation. Plus you get people to spot you and shit.

Home gym would be depressing imo.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I love going to the gym tho. All the hot girls and swole bros are motivation. Plus you get people to spot you and $#@!.

Home gym would be depressing imo.
I have a friend who has a gym in his house but never works out, only when his friends are over.

- - - Updated - - -

I dig Zachs peculiar attitude, nothing wrong with it, he does what he loves and is interested in, enjoys it.
I would probably enjoy having a partner like him in the Gym, but I don't see myself acting like a maniac in the gym.

Good music, good vibes and your adrenaline is on.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You can get the adrenaline high without making yourself pussy like you described earlier. :D
There is a big difference between the adrenaline high you have experienced, and the ones powerlifters experience.

When you unrack and squat 190+kg, you feel a big pressure on your back, pressing your traps down, putting huge internal pressure in the chest area. When you squat it and rerack it, for a minute or so you feel an incredibly addictive feeling that you have a weight on your chest, cause the high bloodpressure is reverting to normal.

Now when you do that with your kind of adrenaline, its all fine. But you kinda feel the weight beeing very heavy, your mind is wondering "can we get this back up"

When you do it properly however, your adrenaline is raging like it should, you dont feel that weight pressing down so much anymore, you enter an euphoric state wich tells you "fuck this is lightweight". And you will perform a higher squat.

Next training, try to do a ~200kg squat like that and tell me how it went

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
There is a big difference between the adrenaline high you have experienced, and the ones powerlifters experience.

When you unrack and squat 190+kg, you feel a big pressure on your back, pressing your traps down, putting huge internal pressure in the chest area. When you squat it and rerack it, for a minute or so you feel an incredibly addictive feeling that you have a weight on your chest, cause the high bloodpressure is reverting to normal.

Now when you do that with your kind of adrenaline, its all fine. But you kinda feel the weight beeing very heavy, your mind is wondering "can we get this back up"

When you do it properly however, your adrenaline is raging like it should, you dont feel that weight pressing down so much anymore, you enter an euphoric state wich tells you "$#@! this is lightweight". And you will perform a higher squat.

Next training, try to do a ~200kg squat like that and tell me how it went
I have a friend, we were talking the other day and he read somewhere that the more you act crazy, scream and shout in a gym while working out the more you can lift, but from personal experience the trainers and coaches I've known and seen don't use this method or style for lifting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I have tried this today with no weight as it require some balance and concentration, I was thinking of dumbell squat, do you think that could help?

Another issue would raise here since the biggest dumbell in my gym is 25KG only.
Dumbell squats are to light. dumbel split squats (bulgarians) are a way to murder the leg in a good way, but you dont train balance, as the weights are low, aka low point of gravity (or however thats called), whilst with the barbell on your neck, your center of gravity is high and you learn to balance that out

I dig Zachs peculiar attitude, nothing wrong with it, he does what he loves and is interested in, enjoys it.
:beer:

I have a friend who has a gym in his house but never works out, only when his friends are over.

- - - Updated - - -

I would probably enjoy having a partner like him in the Gym, but I don't see myself acting like a maniac in the gym.

Good music, good vibes and your adrenaline is on.
Again, i'm not acting like a maniac. 70% of the year i'm running RTS, meaning i dont need to do that. When i'm on smolov, its only the last 4 weeks that got significant percentages that require selfmotivating that much.

I'm accustomed to bike 8-14km to the gym in the pooring rain (belgium), to work out by myself for 2 houres and return home at least 2 of my 4 trainings.
Today will be another of those days.

With a home gym, i could decide when i visit the gym, wich would be the days most of my friends are there

- - - Updated - - -

I have a friend, we were talking the other day and he read somewhere that the more you act crazy, scream and shout in a gym while working out the more you can lift, but from personal experience the trainers and coaches I've known and seen don't use this method or style for lifting.
act crazy, scream and shout isnt really what i'm doing. I might slap my chest a few times, growl when i unrack the bar, and shout "cmon" to myself(in an "inner mouth" way, sounds like mumbeling to the person next to you).
thats about it

You'll see most powerlifters pump themselves for high squats, but not what you are describing

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
:hustini:

Would it still be part of your life if your body stayed in perfect shape without work out and you could eat whatever?

- - - Updated - - -

Just had this for the first time. Don't know if its beneficial but its So delicious!

I don't deal in hypotheticals but I'll say this, a common belief is that people who work out frequently are hooked on the endorphin rush, with that in mind the obvious answer is yes I would.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)