Gym and fitness (11 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I find it great that despite having astma, you actually go out and play a physically demanding sport, and not use it as an excuse not to instead :tup:
It's just so damn frustrating, because I know that's the only thing holding me back. My muscles can keep going, just my lungs cannot.
I didn't lift weights for like 3 weeks at all and there's a chance I won't go back to it.

I moved on bars doing bodyweight exercises outside.
Calisthenics? What do you do?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I've been planning on starting such things for a while but I'm just so lazy at times when I'm home :D. Pull ups, sit ups, and dips. I don't really know what else to add to that.

I wanna learn how to do these

muscle-up.jpg
It's all about technique, though, not really strength (although you gotta be strong a bit).

Attachments

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Do you guys lift to failure every single workout?

I work out 3 times a week and I feel that I'm going to failure too often. Meaning that I lift weights that are heavy enough so as to leave my muscles completely spent after I've done my 3 sets of reps. Is this always the best technique, or would it be wise to only do that, say, once a week, and then lower the weights a tiny bit on the other two days and not lift to failure on those days? (I work out the same musclegroups twice a week).

Also, sometimes I even go beyond failure by utilizing dropsets after I've done all of my sets for a particular musclegroup. I know that this technique can be beneficial, but how much is it ok to do this? Is there a limit? I'm concerned that my body will get too used to the dropset technique and that it would want me to do dropsets every single time in order to make gains (if I do it too much).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)