Gym and fitness (27 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Rows are a general back excercise, it doesnt specifically target anything, but its a good compound'ish excercise that cant do much wrong.

Pulldowns and pull-ups are pure upper back

Pull-ups are generally good for the positional muscles, pulldowns are the actual muscle builders for upper back, cause you can really get an inch perfect form and controlled motion troughout, with various grips and wideness of grips.

For example alternating wide grip pulldown, and then triangle bar pulldown, are excellent to build lats and central upper core

gray

Apr 22, 2003
So I'm currently carrying about 15kg more than I'd like to be, and I decided to do something about it.

I haven't lifted weights in my life but I'm planning on doing 'Starting Strength' and cutting out the junk from my diet.

I'll keep you guys updated :)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
bah i have gotten so lazy but need to lose around a stone and a half by the wedding in August, god knows how but doing 90 minutes kickboxing on a monday, 2 hours kung-fu on a wednesday and walking the dog isnt enough...i may have to lay off the wine :facepalm2:

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
A buddy of mine has lost 19KG... i asked him what his best tip was to lose weight.. he said he only drinks water.... never EVER drink Coca cola, pepsi or whatever you like as a soda again... not even the Light / zero shit...

Drink water like a motherfucker and you are bound to lose weight... I stopped drinking it and lost a KG in less than a week :)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
A buddy of mine has lost 19KG... i asked him what his best tip was to lose weight.. he said he only drinks water.... never EVER drink Coca cola, pepsi or whatever you like as a soda again... not even the Light / zero shit...

Drink water like a motherfucker and you are bound to lose weight... I stopped drinking it and lost a KG in less than a week :)
Drinking water with meals is important because hydration increases fat-burning, but not to a huge degree. Obviously if you are drinking water instead of soda then you are decreasing a lot of calories. It's actually quite staggering how many calories are in soda, especially cola.

Basically I have a glass of water with every meal, either with a diet soda or just with concentrate. Apparently the colder the water the better because your body burns calories reacting to raise your body temperature.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Drinking water with meals is important because hydration increases fat-burning, but not to a huge degree. Obviously if you are drinking water instead of soda then you are decreasing a lot of calories. It's actually quite staggering how many calories are in soda, especially cola.

Basically I have a glass of water with every meal, either with a diet soda or just with concentrate. Apparently the colder the water the better because your body burns calories reacting to raise your body temperature.
Thanks! I'll drink liquid ice from now on with my meals :p

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I work out 2 or 3 times per week, i stopped for 3 months and now i start back this month, one hour per session. i'm not interested in becaming huge, just keeping in shape and strenghting the muscles, i usually work either my back, torse or shoulders by session, i work the triceps when i work my back and the biceps when i finished working the torse, and i do legs from time to time. Light schedule, I'm open to any suggestions. :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Soda containing sugar (cola, fanta, sprite, etc..) are horrible on the body, and are worse for your health then smoking sigarettes or alcohol abuse. (your liver is much more resillient then your cardiovascular system)

However, from at least cola light, i can confirm its totally harmless, and can be looked at as a more acid version of water with a taste some (like me) like
There have been claims that cola light, and other aspartane based drinks, cause cancer. It doesnt, and i'll explain why.
Aspartane breaks down in 2 amino acids , aspargine acid and phenyl analine, and methanol.
Methanol is a toxic that causes blindness. However, that requires a certain dose. The amount of methanol formed from the aspartane in a glass of cola light, is less then the methanol formed from a glass of orange juice. Its far to tiny to have any effects.
However, when they tested it on rats, they gave such an immense overdose, that methanol was present in significant amounts, leading to cancer.

The reason why you lost weight, is dehydration. Its common used by athletes in a weight cathegory to make their group. However, if you drink sufficient water tomorrow, that kilogram will be back immediatly.

Your friend simply stopped drinking sugar based soda, and its damn good he did.

If YOU want to lose weight, then drink gallons of water and work out. High hydration helps the breakdown of fat and increases the effectivity of cardio

Aug 1, 2003
I've lost 6 kg and that's purely from cutting carbs (rice, pasta, pizza, noodles etc.) and sugar - maybe I have a cheat day once a week with a small piece of cake, but I drink purely water, and my source of carbs would be potatoes or bread (wholemeal), and I take those mostly in the morning.

Sadly one year later on I'm being complacent and starting to eat some sushi (rice) and pizza once a week or something... I hope the weight doesn't come back on lol

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I lost 20kg in 6 months last year (for my wedding lol) by doing exactly that. Cutting heaps of carbs out, and drinking plenty of water. Small potion sizes as well.

I've probably put half of that weight back on already unfortunately. So next month, I'm looking at starting that diet again as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)