Gym and fitness (15 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
What kind of amino acids do you guys prefer, BCAA or EAA? I know BCAA is more popular over in the US than here in Sweden where people prefer EAA.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
What kind of amino acids do you guys prefer, BCAA or EAA? I know BCAA is more popular over in the US than here in Sweden where people prefer EAA.
Depends.

Troughout the day, its best to just go for a general protein blend. Isolation, concentration, peptides, bulk, based on whey or caseine or both...
If you take just 1 shake per day, its good to take a specific kind.
if like me you are on 2/3 shakes, and another portion in french cheese/kwart, then its best for a combination package
I use "all day protein". Basically a blend of 6 protein types. It has short and late release cause it combines caseine, whey and chelates. Its great really.

BCAA...you need to understand how protein work.

If you are not working out, you just need amino acids circulating the body, hence a protein intake over the day. Having bcaa alone is useless. You need to have the right combination flowing around, and for this reason a regular protein powder will do.

Your last shake should be at least 12h - 1u30 before training, so during workout the protein flowing around is diminishing.

So when you are causing microtrauma, the body goes in a catalytic state. To combat the natural breakdown of tissue to form bcaa, you need to have bcaa circulating the body. You cannot use a shake now. Having milk and all the amico acids flowing around, provokes the digestion mechanism, draws blood to the portal veign, and makes you sluggish. But you need bcaa.

So what you can do, is just take 4-6 grams in water. Like this it will quickly make its way trough the body down to the intestines, portal veign and into the bloodstream. iIt doesnt quite thickens the blood, cause its just 4-6 grams, your body threats it like just a liquid.

So what i do, is i take a preworkout(product containing cafeine, beta alanine,creatine,AAKG,...) that also contains BCAA's for best effect

Summary :

During the day, take shakes with a full amino acid profile.
Dont eat anything within 2h - 1h30 before a training
Take 4-6g BCAA , alone or in a preworkout blend, soluted in enough water (50cl) about 30 mins before training.
Eat a meal containing mid range glycemic index carbs (potatoes for example) and a protein source (chicken) after training. Or a regular shake.

- - - Updated - - -

I've noticed that I get the best results when I go with very high weights, low reps and high sets. The usual 10reps x 4/5 sets doesn't do it for me.
This has a simple solution :

low rep sets, build "connecting tissue" and the large muscle groups. Your stronger muscles will grow, your core improves.

High rep sets, build positioning and thus smaller muscles. you do these as a finishing touch.
if you are one of them big bodybuilders, that can handle 12-15 sets of BIG weights, you should switch everything to 12-15 reps, cause it will have a simular effect as low rep sets. However your core and neural segments will fall behind and you'll be weaker at low rep range.

- - - Updated - - -

Crossfit is the fastest way to grow muscles for thin people. And you learn a lot.
Thats not really true.

Crossfit will make the smaller muscles stand out, and pumps you up. It will make you look a bit bigger, but long term its not that effective if you actually want to grow.

I have a friend who has a high thyroid gland function. He does a regular bodybuilding schedule, but uses weightgainer shakes, to combar the extreme breakdown of muscle tissue trough elevated T3/4 levels.

He looks like a slightly smaller version as deneb currently, and benchpresses as much as me.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

However, if you are a long distance sporter/athlete, much like jack, getting more lean muscle isnt really beneficial for your prime sport.

If you need excellent endurance/stamina, but want to have a decent shape aswel, Crossfit is a good option.

It is also an excellent way for women to get a leaner tigher shape without taxing the back and booty to much.
I prefer the regular "long warmup-weights session(includes squat+glutes offc)-serious cardio" offcourse. But thats opinion

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
In about 7 days I should be reaching my goal of doing 2x 40 pushups (chest to the floor) per day. After that I'll start the same routine for pullups. Start with 10 done properly and work my way up to 2x 40.

I've found out that this is the only way I can keep myself motivated. The gym doesn't do it for me as I can have two weeks where I'm unable to increase weight or reps. I'll just stick with adding 1-3 reps per day of body weight exercises.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
fuck that girl and what she says, shes a cunt anyway for not putting out
Thanks bro :tup: I mean who ever heard such a thing? Too big up top, it's not like I was gonna try shove my chest up her fanny?
In about 7 days I should be reaching my goal of doing 2x 40 pushups (chest to the floor) per day. After that I'll start the same routine for pullups. Start with 10 done properly and work my way up to 2x 40.

I've found out that this is the only way I can keep myself motivated. The gym doesn't do it for me as I can have two weeks where I'm unable to increase weight or reps. I'll just stick with adding 1-3 reps per day of body weight exercises.

Seriously though, well done on the progress :tup:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
talking to myself, allmost out loud, is such a motivator

"cmon, another one, you must do another rep. Alright two more and i can move to the next..."

also the typical comparing and getting better. Just dont say it, thats irritating, think it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)