Gym and fitness (12 Viewers)

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
I might get back to working out once my semester end, it's been a long time since I have.

For my upper body, I had two exercises for triceps, shoulders, biceps and for the back, and three for the pecs. Could I start back already with the same plan or should I start with a less specialized training?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
He perfected that sport. Did everything right, as well as having great genetics. It does sound pretty homo, lol, but I too can stare at Ahnuuld's body (in it's prime) for longer periods of time :D

He's just the fucking master of bodybuilding, end of discussion. Anyone who is interested in bodybuilding should worship Arnold in his prime, because there's no topping it imo.

Do you guys have any other favourites?
What makes him different from other muscly dudes?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
What makes him different from other muscly dudes?
In my opinion: proportion and, for a lack of a better term: the x factor.

Take this picture, for instance:

Guy on the left has bigger quads, fair enough, but it doesn't really look good or proportionate on him. If you notice their chests, Arnold clearly has a better chest. Chest and back has always counted for a lot in bodybuilding, as well as lats, but overall aesthetics and proportion / symmetry is decisive. I'm in no way a qualified judge, though, most of this is just my opinion.

Frankly, I'm not sure what it is with Arnold, but his body always had that "x factor". When you compare him to Lou Ferrigno in the movie "Pumping Iron", there's not a lot of difference in physiques, but still, Arnold beat all of those people time and time and time again. There's something about his body that makes it more difficult to take your eyes off it than any other bodybuilder, past or present, at least in my opinion. It's an x factor present, I can't explain what it is, and I'm not sure the judges back then could either.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I agree with Jem completely here. The Pumping Iron documentary really shows that he was in a class of his own when it came to working out, nutrition and personality.

Plus he was the fucking Terminator and detective John Kimble

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Kinetica Oat Gain :tup:
http://www.kineticasports.com/gainers-c4/kinetica-oat-gain-4-8kg-raspberry-yoghurt-p34

- - - Updated - - -

my week goes like this

Monday; Triceps & Chest (small bit of cardio and core work)
Tuesday; Biceps/Shoulders/Back (small bit of cardio and core work)
Wednesday; Legs (more intense cardio and core session)
Friday; Triceps & Chest (small bit of cardio and core work)
Saturday; Biceps/Shoulders/Back (small bit of cardio and core work)

If I'm not too tired (or hungover) I'll repeat Wednesday's workout on the Sunday.

Works well for me but then I guess everyone is different?
I work a single body part each day, but I don't take any break days. Do you recommend that?

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
@Klin

I am by no means an expert mate, but I guess it depends on what you're trying to get out of it all. Do you just want to tone, or bulk up? It probably doesn't make all that much of a difference, except maybe the rate at which you'll notice a difference to each muscle group.

I find that working two different muscle groups in a session works well for me because as I'm doing one set for lets say biceps, in order to allow them to recover a little energy I'll do a shoulder exercise in between and vice versa.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
@Klin

I am by no means an expert mate, but I guess it depends on what you're trying to get out of it all. Do you just want to tone, or bulk up? It probably doesn't make all that much of a difference, except maybe the rate at which you'll notice a difference to each muscle group.

I find that working two different muscle groups in a session works well for me because as I'm doing one set for lets say biceps, in order to allow them to recover a little energy I'll do a shoulder exercise in between and vice versa.
I see. And how many different workouts do you do per body part? I usually do around 4/5 workouts.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
For about 7 weeks now I've gone to the gym every day except for once. I know I should rest more but the problem is that I've gotten into a special zone and I honestly don't want to lose it.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Usually 6, maybe 7 if I'm not worn out :D
No. You need at least one day to leave open for recovery, but I prefer two even on hard trainings. Muscles gotta recover.

--

And Arnold is a beast. The best of kind, my favorite BB.
Thanks guys. :tup:

For about 7 weeks now I've gone to the gym every day except for once. I know I should rest more but the problem is that I've gotten into a special zone and I honestly don't want to lose it.
And what zone is that, Suns? :D

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
I might get back to working out once my semester end, it's been a long time since I have.

For my upper body, I had two exercises for triceps, shoulders, biceps and for the back, and three for the pecs. Could I start back already with the same plan or should I start with a less specialized training?
Does anyone know? Sorry to be repetitive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)