Gym and fitness (32 Viewers)

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
The real secret is to join a gym in an affluent area. You see, these rich women will pay up front, workout for like 2 months and then only go back extremely sporadicly. The gym that I'm at (where the Irish football squad train :stuckup:) had the most people that I have ever seen in it yesterday, Five.

If you're clever and have no job like me, you can end up driving 7 mins to have the whole gym to yourself :)
that's what i do!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
I finally got to try the cardio HIIT on a treadmill.

Could only manage 4 times at 18km/h speed. Didn't want to risk it more as I felt I was slowing down. But that was really good :tup:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Dule wants to be able to say "I did all this at home" while showing of his 9-pack. _:p

And Dooz, bro if you buy that machine, don't you feel you'll be cheating in your quest for muscles at home? :D On a serious note, I have one of those in my building and it's crap. Join a gym bro, it's so much more fun.
I won't buy it! :D

I'll go with barbell and some other stuff instead, no gym! :D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yes, I do.

Today I have a 10 km, in August I have a 10 km, in September I have a half marathon and on the 31st of December another 10 km.

I am also planning to do Prague half marathon next year in April.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
I'm working out at home too, I have bench, barbell, dumbells and pull-up bar and it basically all you need. And like Seven already said the only problem is doing dips and I sometimes miss lat pulldown. Ofcourse there is always some kind of additional items you could need, but are easy to get and use.

Dule my advice is also to go for barbell and bench instead of that machine...

@Zaim: Did you tried OVT?
Yeah, I did chest and back on Monday and yesterday legs/abs. It's probably the toughest workout I've ever tried. Do you do max weight on both exercises in a superset or only the first one? I tried doing both, but after a while I couldn't handle it and had to lower the weight on the second exercise, while keeping max weight on the first one.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
why are you guys so reluctant to join gyms?
First of all like Aaron said lack of money, but even before when I was going to gym I always wanted to have my own home gym. Training at gym takes more time and I'm really tight with free time, not to say that there are no other guys to slow me down and there is no unnecessary talk :D

From time to time I want to go to gym just for a change, but I'm really satisfied with training at home.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Yeah, I did chest and back on Monday and yesterday legs/abs. It's probably the toughest workout I've ever tried. Do you do max weight on both exercises in a superset or only the first one? I tried doing both, but after a while I couldn't handle it and had to lower the weight on the second exercise, while keeping max weight on the first one.
I know :D

First exercise is most important while second is just to add volume, so I'm pushing myself to the limit on the first one and on second I'm not going to my limit but I'm trying to improve it every training.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
I know :D

First exercise is most important while second is just to add volume, so I'm pushing myself to the limit on the first one and on second I'm not going to my limit but I'm trying to improve it every training.
Oh I see, I'll do that too.

I really like the set up of the workout, I'll definitely keep doing it :tup:

There's no sweaty teenage girls with self-esteem issue in a home gym.

I rest my case.
You sure about that? :D

I work out in the gym too, it just feels better. When I enter the gym I get in that training mood that I dont feel at home.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

My workouts have gone to shit for the past two months. I think I've been working out once in 10 days in that period. Constantly some shit stopping me from exercising. :(

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

For Cardio yeah, but not the gym ;)

No excuses, get to the gym.
Dude, for the past 5 days on more painkillers than House. My wisdom tooth is killing me and my whole left side is swollen up because of the fucker. I don't know why those teeth even exist and worse of all, they grow when in your 20-ies. Can't get any retarded than that.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Dude, for the past 5 days on more painkillers than House. My wisdom tooth is killing me and my whole left side is swollen up because of the fucker. I don't know why those teeth even exist and worse of all, they grow when in your 20-ies. Can't get any retarded than that.
Workout doped it, it'll be amazing.

Wisdom teeth are a whore's blanket all right.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Workout doped it, it'll be amazing.

Wisdom teeth are a whore's blanket all right.
Yesterday I wanted to go hit the bag in my garage, which I think would be killer in this situation, but some friends of my parents' parked their car inside while they go to Paris by plane. And of course they didn't leave the keys. :sergio:

I feel like life is giving me a huge slap across the face everywhere I look.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)