Gym and fitness (12 Viewers)

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
pffft count the fat instead.
1 gram of fat contains more calories than say 1 gram of protein, etc, but that doesn't necessarily mean that eating fatty foods will lead to weight gain. Excess calories causes weight gain, so as long as you're not eating more than you should, you can still eat some fatty foods.

The danger is obvious though since fatty foods contain a lot of empty calories for the volume you receive, and therefore you end up eating more food in the end. Not to mention they are usually foods high on the glycemic index, which are notorious for weight gain because of the sharp rise in blood sugar they cause and due to them not being very filling over long periods.

I wouldn't avoid fats though, just make sure to eat the right kind. I eat a quarter to a half a cup of nuts everyday. They are loaded with fat, and therefore are high calorie. They are the essential fatty acids though (which have a shitload of benefits, both physical and mental), so it's not quite the same as the fat you will eat in junk food.

As long as you respect your calorie limit (there are formula's available to help you narrow it down), how many grams of fat or carbs you are ingesting should not be an issue. You should be more concerned with the type of fat and type of carb you're eating. Personally, I only count my calories and protein because it's linked directly with my goals in the gym.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Just woke up. Seems I not only bloodied my knuckles with the bag yesterday, I also sprained my left leg ankle going all Cro-Cop on its ass. Great. :wallbang:

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
I just count calories and reduce the eating of fatty foods or meat during the week.

I do one meal a day, with a bunch of "snacks" throughout.

Weekends tend to be a free for all.
Thats what im trying to get back to doing... i quit smoking back in dec so my appetite went through the roof. I also broke / tore ligament in my pinky so that also held me back.. But yeah The one good meal a day with snacks throughout worked well for me.. I just need to break back into that routine
:xfinger:
the good ones taste like shit, so i'd recommend staying away from protein shakes all together after workout just eat a high protein meal(chicken breast).
True that.. I use them sparingly when i got no time to whip up something quick.

you eat one meal a day?

I can scan a diet plan from the Abs diet if anyone is interested?
Never seen it..could you pm me a copy?

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
You guys realize that everyone has different metabolisms right? Those diets vary depending on your weight/height body mass ratio & whether you wanna lose weight first building/working the core or to start working on the abs to make them visible.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Of course, B. It's just food for thought. I always like to read about this stuff and perhaps make some minor changes in my diet. I have no intention of literally following any diet. I like my meat too much. Abs are overrated. :toast:

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Of course, B. It's just food for thought. I always like to read about this stuff and perhaps make some minor changes in my diet. I have no intention of literally following any diet. I like my meat too much. Abs are overrated. :toast:
Yeah ask the guy that has abs & doesn't even get any action.:seven:

Do you wanna shed some fat & then tone or build muscle & tone?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Yeah ask the guy that has abs & doesn't even get any action.:seven:

Do you wanna shed some fat & then tone or build muscle & tone?
Exactly. :D

I wanna shed some fat, don't think I can build much more muscle than I already did, with my eating habbits. Just getting rid of the lower blubber would be good for me. Gonna start some morning cardio every second day(my off gym days) when my ankle heals up. About 45 minutes HIIT is the plan and some heavy bag work from time to time.

BTW, how do you folks feel about jumprope?

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Exactly. :D

I wanna shed some fat, don't think I can build much more muscle than I already did, with my eating habbits. Just getting rid of the lower blubber would be good for me. Gonna start some morning cardio every second day(my off gym days) when my ankle heals up. About 45 minutes HIIT is the plan and some heavy bag work from time to time.

BTW, how do you folks feel about jumprope?
Like i've said a zillion times before,make a veggie shake.It will make those rolls disappear in no time.Increase your roughage & make sure your bowel movement is regular.(no jokes about that:D)

Jump rope is a bloody good cardio workout but it depends if you have good hand/eye co-ordination & whether you can actually do it at a constant pace to work up a sweat.:D

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
3500 calories = a pound

Cut 500 calories from your usual intake and you lose a pound a week. Simple as that.
Depends on what your bmr is,I for example have been told by my trainer to ingest at least 3000 calories a day just to replace my daily expended energy

i don't however count calories. I just don't eat that much junk food. It's exercise that is key.
I'll uupload that when I get back from colaiste

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)