Gym and fitness (18 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
So this is my regiment for the next 2 months:

I start running tomorrow :(

I'll get up at 5 in the morning and I'll go for a sprint, followed by a one break between that and eating breakfast. I'll have lunch around 1ish and then no dinner. I'll have an apple or something in the evening but that's about it and I'll drink ca 2 gallons of water throughout the day.

My cousin did it and he lost 30 lbs in 2 months. So hopefully it'll work for me as well.

Wish me luck :)
good luck britney, i hear the waif look is making a roaring comeback :crazy:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 7, 2004
that works great. you know what the problem with that is? once you go back to your regular diet you gain it all back.

try this, switch to fiber, whole grains, lean protein, unsaturated fat and supplement it with physical activity. i eat 5 times a day, only let myself go really hungry once or twice a week and in the last month i have lost 10-15 pounds.

the difference between the two? enjoying what i am eating which makes it less painful to continue

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
that works great. you know what the problem with that is? once you go back to your regular diet you gain it all back.

try this, switch to fiber, whole grains, lean protein, unsaturated fat and supplement it with physical activity. i eat 5 times a day, only let myself go really hungry once or twice a week and in the last month i have lost 10-15 pounds.

the difference between the two? enjoying what i am eating which makes it less painful to continue
but do not stand too close to a naked flame;), good advice though bes that is exactly what i was gonna post earlier but when weighing up the pro's and con's i settled for a sarcastic comment instead

Jan 7, 2004
you know i eat beans 4 times a week. i shit twice a day and at least once a day i go to the bathroom just to relive my gas and i really honesty feel sorry for the person behind me when i am doing cardio

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
you know i eat beans 4 times a week. i shit twice a day and at least once a day i go to the bathroom just to relive my gas and i really honesty feel sorry for the person behind me when i am doing cardio
aye i love fruit especially fresh figs, but man you dont wanna be eating them before you go on a date, or stand behind me as i fart every step on the treadmill

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004

What are some of the things you eat in a day and at what times?

Jan 7, 2004
breakfast @ 7 am - All Bran Cereal + 1% Milk (or even raisin ban)
snack @ 10 am - 1 fruit
lunch @ 12 pm - always chopped lettuce and usually a cup of beans (different types) plus either peas or carrots or corn or chick peas and an assortment of veggies, raw. (every other day is tuna or other fish)
snack @ 3 pm - work on the rest of the veggies left
dinner @ 7 pm - really depends on how hungry i am, i have found this crisp bread that is is a very good compromise on taste and amount of fiber. I usually dip it in a mix of tomato sauce and hot chilli sauce, lately hummus has been used instead.

some things i have found out, sometimes you may not feel hungry until you start eating, which is good because that means now your metabolism is actually working. the key is to stop before you get really full, which is hard, but it helps to have a glass of water (or 5) and try not to think about it for 15 mins and after that you shouldnt feel hungry anymore.

i live by myself and i am moving back home in the fall so doesnt make sense to buy stuff to cook in, hence most of my food comes from a can, which is bad because i think i am having an allergic reaction to it (some brown spots on my forearm, but it shouldnt be a problem for you ;))

and trust me, once you're hungry this shit tastes delicious, esspecially if you can find a sauce to through on it that doesnt have much calorie but that you enjoy, like me with the hot chilly sauce.

by the way, i found these soy bean hot dogs that once you microwave for 3 mins taste just like regular cheap hot dogs i.e. great

what i think wrong with the diet ... not enough protein, too many foods from cans, not enough fruit, and probably not enough fat either

Jan 7, 2004
90 cal, 1g fat (unsat), 15g protein

they are 3.99 for 6 and they are called "jumbo style" or something

edit

i checked - jumbo veggie dogs

and i would stay away from them if you are watching your salt intake

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
breakfast @ 7 am - All Bran Cereal + 1% Milk (or even raisin ban)
snack @ 10 am - 1 fruit
lunch @ 12 pm - always chopped lettuce and usually a cup of beans (different types) plus either peas or carrots or corn or chick peas and an assortment of veggies, raw. (every other day is tuna or other fish)
snack @ 3 pm - work on the rest of the veggies left
dinner @ 7 pm - really depends on how hungry i am, i have found this crisp bread that is is a very good compromise on taste and amount of fiber. I usually dip it in a mix of tomato sauce and hot chilli sauce, lately hummus has been used instead.

some things i have found out, sometimes you may not feel hungry until you start eating, which is good because that means now your metabolism is actually working. the key is to stop before you get really full, which is hard, but it helps to have a glass of water (or 5) and try not to think about it for 15 mins and after that you shouldnt feel hungry anymore.

i live by myself and i am moving back home in the fall so doesnt make sense to buy stuff to cook in, hence most of my food comes from a can, which is bad because i think i am having an allergic reaction to it (some brown spots on my forearm, but it shouldnt be a problem for you ;))

and trust me, once you're hungry this shit tastes delicious, esspecially if you can find a sauce to through on it that doesnt have much calorie but that you enjoy, like me with the hot chilly sauce.

by the way, i found these soy bean hot dogs that once you microwave for 3 mins taste just like regular cheap hot dogs i.e. great

what i think wrong with the diet ... not enough protein, too many foods from cans, not enough fruit, and probably not enough fat either
Thanks for the detail! I'll have to go out and buy some of this stuff.

So do you run or go to the gym at all? I've decided to wait until I hit the gym again. In the past I've worked my butt off in the gym but I get disheartened so fast if I don't see results, so I want to get rid of the excess fat before I go back.

edit: You lost 10-15lbs in one month with this diet?

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Tuna in fresh water, chicken breasts, egg whites, Lettuce, Whey protein shakes and a multivitamin , 3 days weight training, 3 days cardio, 1 day rest.... 2 weeks and you will be beach ready.

PM for details :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's simple really. Eat salads and run 3 miles a day. That's what I do and I lost 5 pounds this past week, and probably another 10 in this coming second week since my endurance is now higher.

You just gotta work your ass.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
It's simple really. Eat salads and run 3 miles a day. That's what I do and I lost 5 pounds this past week, and probably another 10 in this coming second week since my endurance is now higher.

You just gotta work your ass.

:agree: But only salads can really get old fast... like to mix it up a bit with some lean meats, fruits and shakes (whey,flax seed,peanut butter,blue berries) This keeps it a little less boring.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:agree: But only salads can really get old fast... like to mix it up a bit with some lean meats, fruits and shakes (whey,flax seed,peanut butter,blue berries) This keeps it a little less boring.
Yeah, stick to the meats and not carbs. I love to have a shish kabob/satay during hardcore workout weeks. They're pretty lean and provide some protein.

Salads and satay are good stuff.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
as hamid says,mix up your weights and your cardio but remember that rest is part of the process as well
eat lots of meat +fish,remember that not all fats are bad for you. cut down on carbs unless they are whole-grain high-fibre carbs. snack on fruit or keep a bag of mixed nuts and dried fruit handy,if you really have to have carbs then try to eat them early and work them off.
but the best bit of info i can give you is to ensure that you have one day where you just don't give a fuck, eat what you want, drink what you want and chill out. this "free day" will save you caving in towards the end as you are not completely depriving yourself the things you love

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
as hamid says,mix up your weights and your cardio but remember that rest is part of the process as well
eat lots of meat +fish,remember that not all fats are bad for you. cut down on carbs unless they are whole-grain high-fibre carbs. snack on fruit or keep a bag of mixed nuts and dried fruit handy,if you really have to have carbs then try to eat them early and work them off.
but the best bit of info i can give you is to ensure that you have one day where you just don't give a fuck, eat what you want, drink what you want and chill out. this "free day" will save you caving in towards the end as you are not completely depriving yourself the things you love
High protein diets have been proven to be fairly rough on the human body though. Sure, you might gain a lot of muscle, but I would advise everyone not to exaggerate. I fully agree about the fruit though. Fortunately enough I love fruit so it's not much of a task for me. I also am not a big fan of sweets and I'm not really fond of Coca Cola. Which is why pretty much all my days are what you would call free days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)