Gym and fitness (14 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
::lol3::

Honestly though, muscle-ups are amazing for the shoulders.
Yeah, I can't do one at the moment but I try to do pull ups every workout. I could do the iron cross, seems like something I should be doing anyway.

They other two. Ha!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I've never seen so much steroid use as I have here in Mexico.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Hey guys. I'm trying to build up my shoulders now that my chest is finally coming along. But I have no idea what I am doing.

Any suggestions for a basic workout?
What are you doing now? L raises are great, don't need big weights either. I really like the burn that I get from them, rotator cuff exercises with tubes also really good. I'm not experd though.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
What are you doing now? L raises are great, don't need big weights either. I really like the burn that I get from them, rotator cuff exercises with tubes also really good. I'm not experd though.
I do a lot of military press, overhead dumbells, and standing front press. Some pull downs. Pull ups. Not much else. I just kind of watch the big guys and do what they do.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Shoulder day for me includes military press, raises (front and lateral), reverse fly, and shrugs. I used to also do upright rows, but I've read that it can cause shoulder impingement so I stopped.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
@Post Ironic I have never tried squat jerks, I will make sure to try that next time. Today I am off to the mountains to scratch some slopes.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Shoulder day for me includes military press, raises (front and lateral), reverse fly, and shrugs. I used to also do upright rows, but I've read that it can cause shoulder impingement so I stopped.
Get some face pulls going. Key to shoulder health; especially in our "in front of a computer at a desk"-society.

- - - Updated - - -

I do a lot of military press, overhead dumbells, and standing front press. Some pull downs. Pull ups. Not much else. I just kind of watch the big guys and do what they do.
why you no love posterior deltoid??

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Nothing wrong with what @Seven said.

Besides, anyone who builds their body in a way that means they are incapable of running even short distances without risking damage to their joints, is an utter twat in my opinion.

I have no problem with bodybuilding, powerlifting, O-lifting, in general... but if you take your body to a place where a basic human movement like running or jumping is impossible/dangerous, you are an idiot.
Powerlifters and olympic lifters have little joint issues untill after their prime. Except the open class, they can run allright, but dont.

Strongman can run aswel, else you cant do farmer walks :D

High weight bodybuilders is different. Average strenght for a huge weight

- - - Updated - - -

Goddamn, what sort of shitty gyms do you have in Belgium?
We have 5 good gyms in belgium. Thats about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys. I'm trying to build up my shoulders now that my chest is finally coming along. But I have no idea what I am doing.

Any suggestions for a basic workout?
Incline dumbell press

strict military press

Front raises without cheating

- - - Updated - - -

Keep doing those

work up to 5 sets of 12, 60second between sets, you need to be able to do 4 more reps if you wanted on the first set.

- - - Updated - - -

Get some face pulls going. Key to shoulder health; especially in our "in front of a computer at a desk"-society.

- - - Updated - - -

why you no love posterior deltoid??
face pulls are savage as fuck man. But plenty of people do them wrong

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
face pulls are savage as fuck man. But plenty of people do them wrong
liek most exercises form/technique is key. But when you get the hang of them, they hit rear delt and all the little muscle in the back so well.

They've done wonders for my shoulder health and posture

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Powerlifters and olympic lifters have little joint issues untill after their prime. Except the open class, they can run allright, but dont.

Strongman can run aswel, else you cant do farmer walks :D

High weight bodybuilders is different. Average strenght for a huge weight

Very heavy bodybuilders are not healthy. They are also very outdated. That people would still do this is beyond me.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That people still have money for it is beyond me.
True. I guess I just don't really understand the appeal. I know they work hard and are very disciplined when it comes to diet and stuff, but I just don't really get it. I would if girls liked them, but they generally don't.

Btw yesterday I saw some guy do the most perfect squat I have ever seen. Right there. In my shitty new gym. It was almost like a picture from exrx or something. Truly perfect.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
True. I guess I just don't really understand the appeal. I know they work hard and are very disciplined when it comes to diet and stuff, but I just don't really get it. I would if girls liked them, but they generally don't.

Btw yesterday I saw some guy do the most perfect squat I have ever seen. Right there. In my shitty new gym. It was almost like a picture from exrx or something. Truly perfect.
They have a massive physique, but only brah's like it
Women find it disgusting, they also prefer a 'skinny muscular' guy or offcourse, a swimmer
They look massive but a 70kg power/olympic lifter allready lifts more without the roids.
Very mediocre deadlift
Extremely expensive
Everyone thinks its just the roids
Its extremely bad on tendons and cardiovascular system

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
You think girls care how much you lift? That's one more thing only brahs care about as well. Girls as a matter of fact couldn't give two shits what our gym routines look like as long as we're not fatasses or fugly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)