Gunners link to Del Piero (4 Viewers)

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
Byrone said:
Arsenal have reawakened their interest in Alessandro Del Piero after the Juve forward once again expressed frustration with his situation. The Azzurri striker fears he is becoming known as a 'super-sub' in Italy because of the way he is used by Coach Fabio Capello. According to Tuttosport, Del Piero is thinking of demanding a move from the Old Lady this summer with the Premiership his favourite destination. “I feel I have five or six years in me yet,” he said. “Who knows whether I will spend it all with Juventus but I can’t see me staying in Italy.” Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is a big admirer of Del Piero and the Frenchman sees him as the ideal replacement for the retiring ex-Inter flop Dennis Bergkamp.

Source: Football Italia
Two words for Wegner...

Keep Dreaming!

Apr 3, 2006
why would we even buy him, he woukdnt get into the team anyway (not that i am doubting del piero :D - great player, but his best years are over and we have thierry henry and robin van persie)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Van Persie is small fry compared to both Del Piero and Zlatan.
he should show his class in CL and internationally.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Forza Gunners said:
and Zlatan has done what all season?
he was foreign player of the year last season, scored 16 goals, and scored the goal that knocked italy out of euro 2004 (amazing backheel), dont get me wrong van persie is a very good player who is potentially worldclass, but he hasnt shown it on the world stage...............yet, zlatan has

Apr 3, 2006
fair enough, anyway i was saying that van Persie would start ahead of Del Piero the majority of time if he came to Arsenal, he's my favourite italian player but Del Piero is too old now

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Forza Gunners said:
fair enough, anyway i was saying that van Persie would start ahead of Del Piero the majority of time if he came to Arsenal, he's my favourite italian player but Del Piero is too old now
yea probly, it would be the same as at juve, he would be used as a super sub, but also remember he would give you alot of money in terms of publicity and shirt sales etc, he has a huge worldwide fanbase

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Forza Gunners said:
Van Persie would not start ahead of DP i tend to not agree! Van Persie can shine DP boots!

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Van Persie has loose screws in his head the kid is as fuked in the head as ROoney! Truth is Gunners if they dont win the CL which i highly doubt wont even be there next yr so suck shit brother!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)