Gunners link to Del Piero (2 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Arsenal have reawakened their interest in Alessandro Del Piero after the Juve forward once again expressed frustration with his situation. The Azzurri striker fears he is becoming known as a 'super-sub' in Italy because of the way he is used by Coach Fabio Capello. According to Tuttosport, Del Piero is thinking of demanding a move from the Old Lady this summer with the Premiership his favourite destination. “I feel I have five or six years in me yet,” he said. “Who knows whether I will spend it all with Juventus but I can’t see me staying in Italy.” Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is a big admirer of Del Piero and the Frenchman sees him as the ideal replacement for the retiring ex-Inter flop Dennis Bergkamp.

Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4
    not if he leaves Juve (which he shouldnt) but teams like palermo & siena would definitely make him play till he was 36/37.

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #6
    yeah i know,but as i said the smaller teams tend to stretch the careers of former heroes ie Zola,Baggio etc.

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
    And let's not forget that the Premiership isn't as physically demanding as the Serie A. And with the way they defend over there, Alex could play some of his best football till he was 36/37.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    tsss...Wenger, this is childish. Just because we bought Vieira? oh come on....

and btw, if you try to get DP, we'll try to get Fabregas. How 'bout that, Arsène?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    This is nothing new, Man Utd have been linked to him before as well as a host of other Premiership clubs. If there is an interest from Highbury it wasn't concieved yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)