Guitar thread (12 Viewers)

OP
ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #564
    Just got this yesterday

My first ever Strat after 9 years of guitar :D It's what I've been missing in my life

General

Nov 23, 2016
    Just got this yesterday

My first ever Strat after 9 years of guitar :D It's what I've been missing in my life
    :heart2: nice guitar and beautiful sound

what type of music do you play?

i used to have a statocaster but sold it
    now i have a ibanez r9

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    Just got this yesterday

6xZGJMl.jpg

beautiful, congrats! what is it exactly? pic isn't of the greatest quality, but i guess the fretboard is roasted a bit, it's like it has some nice figuring.

- - - Updated - - -

got a forearm injury from trying to play the solo of this song

so many techniques mixed into one minute
    one of the best metal solos ever.

btw i bought a short-scale guitar for my son, it's shredtastic, much easier to play fast on it than on my own guitars. :D

Satchy

Nov 4, 2004
    You could have at least chosen a video with Marty playing the solo :sick:

This quote about Marty's solo is great:
    "When I finished the solo to this one, Mustaine came into the studio, listened to it down once, turned around and without saying a word, shook my hand. It was at that moment that I felt like I was truly the guitarist for this band." (Friedman, 2002)

Lucretia also got an awesome solo.

General

Nov 23, 2016
    You could have at least chosen a video with Marty playing the solo :sick:

This quote about Marty's solo is great:
    "When I finished the solo to this one, Mustaine came into the studio, listened to it down once, turned around and without saying a word, shook my hand. It was at that moment that I felt like I was truly the guitarist for this band." (Friedman, 2002)

Lucretia also got an awesome solo.
    yeah, actually all megadeth has some exquisite riffs & solos throughout

apologies for the not choosing marty, but look at the difference of the three guitarists how they play this solo, all three in heir own way
    marty is still the king

one of the best metal solos ever.

btw i bought a short-scale guitar for my son, it's shredtastic, much easier to play fast on it than on my own guitars. :D
    totally

nice gift, how old is he?

my daughter is five and is always asking for a guitar

short-scale eh, i'll chack that out

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #570
    :heart2: nice guitar and beautiful sound

what type of music do you play?

i used to have a statocaster but sold it
    now i have a ibanez r9
    Mostly rock/blues

beautiful, congrats! what is it exactly? pic isn't of the greatest quality, but i guess the fretboard is roasted a bit, it's like it has some nice figuring.
    It's basically a Mexican Deluxe Player but an older model from before, the pickups are a bit different.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003

got a forearm injury from trying to play the solo of this song

fukin tornado of soulsss....this song for me is what heavy metal is. Too epic...ad the solos and composition from friedman were so direct and strong in this album. Masterpiece.

I like more as a guitarrist Kiko Loureiro (actual main man in megadeth)...because i grew up listening to angra and IMO Kiko is just too technical and has mastered all sorts of styled and techniques......BUT for some arcane reason he cant properly play Tornado of souls solo to perfection in megadeth... i dont fukin know why.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    totally

nice gift, how old is he?

my daughter is five and is always asking for a guitar

short-scale eh, i'll chack that out
    he's barely 2, not a player yet obviously, but he liked my guitars and i saw a cheap auction ebay, so i said why not. worst case scenario: i'll play it. it's an ibanez mikro (grgm-something) btw, but my luthier buddy said that these are all the same, you can have a squier mini strat or basically any short-scale guitar.

- - - Updated - - -

fukin tornado of soulsss....this song for me is what heavy metal is. Too epic...ad the solos and composition from friedman were so direct and strong in this album. Masterpiece.

I like more as a guitarrist Kiko Loureiro (actual main man in megadeth)...because i grew up listening to angra and IMO Kiko is just too technical and has mastered all sorts of styled and techniques......BUT for some arcane reason he cant properly play Tornado of souls solo to perfection in megadeth... i dont fukin know why.
    it's not the technical aspects, it's the feel, the timing. friedman has some weird picking technique (check his right hand, his wrist looks like no one else's while playing) and some characteristic bends, vibratos, too. once i've learned the whole solo when i was like 18-19, it was close to perfect technically, but i never managed to get the timing of the bends right. marty is a master of timing.

General

Nov 23, 2016
    Mostly rock/blues
    you play in a band? or just for fun...

Marty has a lot of great compositions, his solo work and japanese compositions is out of this world
    but still not on Malmsteens coke level, but imagine what coke would do to Marty :lol:

Kiko plays nice on the new album dystpoia, i haven't heard his solo of tornado of souls yet

he's barely 2, not a player yet obviously, but he liked my guitars and i saw a cheap auction ebay, so i said why not. worst case scenario: i'll play it. it's an ibanez mikro (grgm-something) btw, but my luthier buddy said that these are all the same, you can have a squier mini strat or basically any short-scale guitar
    thanks, i might the kids one too :tup:

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #576
    you play in a band? or just for fun...
    I write music (just music no lyrics) and I've tried to get some bands together, jammed with people etc in the past but it's hard to get one together. Still trying though :p

General

Nov 23, 2016
    I write music (just music no lyrics) and I've tried to get some bands together, jammed with people etc in the past but it's hard to get one together. Still trying though :p
    good lyrics are tough as fuck...share some songs with us ZoSo

i used to play in a hardcore band, but moved away from the city and now i tried it in a ska-punk band but....i got this weird thing, i like metal, reggae, punk, blues, country....but i can only play metal/harcore.....nothing else
    it fucks me up some times..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)