Guitar thread (3 Viewers)

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
My guitar teacher has a couple of dobro electrics and acoustics, they're fun to muck about on but if you want to sound good its a completely different skill set, like being a complete beginner.

OP
ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #423

tried one of these today in a shop...

mother of god going to sell my amp and get one ASAP

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #425
    Probably a used marshall 4x12. Got a Bugera 333XL combo atm so will sell that. Found a 1960A for $350 in somewhat beat up condition but I think I will get it and re-tolex it and put a new grill cloth in too unless one pops up for like ~400-450 soon in good condition. Way cheaper than getting a new one ($1000...) or even used in good condition ($~600+). Might also sell the G12t-75s that come in it and put in V30s, tried the amp with v30s in the shop and it was fuckin' killer!

The DSL100h is a beast, didn't expect it to be THAT much better than my amp and I think my amp is good but it's no contest really. So much tighter and the tone is just balls to the wall.

I was originally planning on getting a mim strat but decided I will sell my amp and use the money I was gonna spend on the guitar on that.

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #427
    Amp is much more important for tone than guitar, but most important is the fingers. If you can't play and your vibrato sounds like a dying cat you'll sound like shit even if you have the best gear in the world.

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #428
    was gonna buy one of these mint condition used $430 new $1300

fucker didn't reply for a whole day and sold it to someone else

cocksucker! :andy2:

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #430
    About $1000AUD just for the head. Pretty reasonable price, especially since the older JCMs were like ~$1500-2000+ I think. Probably would have to fork out at least 2.5x for the equivalent Mesa/Boogie.

But I think I might get one of those older JCM2000 DSL100s which were made in England instead of Vietnam. They supposedly sound better and are cheaper too (used obviously). Usually run about 700-800 these days.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    So my friend bought Rocksmith and said it was quite fun, so I thought why not give it a try.

And I did, so far it's a really fun game, it's nothing like guitar hero, because you play with real guitar and you can play how you want, try to play note for note or just jam to the track.

I don't know how it would be for a beginer to start guitar on this, because I think it will make you rely on visuals and the game to actually play something and not be able to play by yourself properly, but for me its quite a cool game.

The most fun thing is that you basicly play to a backing track with loads of sound tones and if you want you can try to play "note for note", just jam or the most fun is something in the middle, learn few bits and peaces and throw your stuff in and not look at score :D

Anyway, quite a fun game.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005

So bought this metal box thing, fucking awesome! Love the sound of it :D

- - - Updated - - -

My guitar teacher has a couple of dobro electrics and acoustics, they're fun to muck about on but if you want to sound good its a completely different skill set, like being a complete beginner.
    They are awesome! And worth getting into imo.

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #439
    cool as :D

playing In My Time of Dying :p

need a new guitar

one of these :tuttosport:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)