Guitar thread (4 Viewers)

OP
ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #481
    Black dog? The riff is legendary, but please show me in any metal such legendary stuff. Keep in mind that pauses in music are just important as the notes :D

The video you posted is something I just can't understand :D

I mean I can understand hip hop and other that music why people would like it. But metal... It's something not from this world for me.
    Well Black Dog is the best riff ever, so nothing is as legendary as that. But there are heaps of great metal riffs... pretty much anything by Metallica, Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Pantera, Slayer, Mastodon etc

That song is not even that different really to Sabbath, Zeppelin & Alice in Chains. Maybe if it was like extreme death metal then yeah but it's still clean singing, distorted guitars, drums...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Black sabbath is cool and has some really nice songs. But most of their better songs that I like I wouldn't consider metal at all (though I know they are the starter metal band and all that) specially when compared to today metal bands.

Metallica definitely not my taste.

- - - Updated - - -

Black sabbath is cool and has some really nice songs.

Metallica definitely not my taste.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    what exactly is it that you don't like?
    Not my style. I don't get any feeling from that kind of music, it's just mashing everything together, I can't find quality in that kind of sound (not metalica in particular). Look I don't doubt that they would have some parts or even some few songs because even a broken clock is right two times a day :p I just asked why you all like that music, because I can't understand why, that's all.

Not that I say this is the best ever thing I post, but it's just an album I found recently and one song in particular from it shows what i consider essential in music - feeling, mojo and well timed pauses not constant bashing of everynote possible. Check the song Mellow down easy, got to be the easiest song ever, though I doubt anyone could copy it no matter how hard and long they practiced scales and training, so much mojo in that one.

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #485
    see that doesn't do much for me. It's not bad, I could listen to it but I much prefer loud distorted guitars

- - - Updated - - -

what about these?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Yeah those are quite nice, not my style, but I wouldn't have anything bad to say about it. It's weird how they want to go from a slow to distorted then acoustic and then again so much distortion, but hey that's just choice.

Nice songs though, not what I would listen more then one time on purpose, but just because not my style, actually nice songs. Not the metal I was talking about :p Not the one where I can't understand how a living being, any living being could listen :D

My song wasn't a guitar song it was a harmonica player. Since I'm now into slide, here's a fricking awesome slide player!

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    those are mij.

she's got some warm sounds already (body+neck are all mahogany), and i'm about to install a coil tap for some tele-like fake twangs :tup:

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #493
    ZoSo have you heard Red Fang, Orange Goblin or Baroness? I'm gettin really into stoner metal/desert rock and they're gnarly bands!
    Yeah, heard all of them, Orange Goblin is kinda meh for me. Baroness is probably the best of the three.

Kyuss is king of Desert Rock and I guess QotSA kinda too. You should really check out Mastodon too if you like those bands. The Sword is a great stoner metal band. Neurosis (Through Silver In Blood and Times of Grace) is facking awesome too, though quite a different style. Corrosion of Conformity (mostly Deliverance and also Wiseblood) is a really cool souther stoner metal/rock band. Jerry Cantrell's (of Alice in Chains) Degradation Trip is also an incredible album, though more metal/alt than stoner.

Did you see my new axe above? :p

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    I came a little, transparent paint is a sexual way to finish a guitar, love dat grain. Is it a standard lp set up? I really want a 24 3/4 scale length to get some sustained bends in my lead and graunchy riffing, it's the only thing I can't really cover with my telecaster and Ibanez super strat

I saw Orange Goblin, Red Fang and Sleep at Desert Fest a few weeks back, I met red fang and orange goblin too. Orange goblin are a live band, they're fucking tight and their songs really hit the spot live, it loses something in the studio. The mosh to Red tide rising was intense.

I love the Sword, awkward fuckers though, The Hidden Masters is a tasty riff, but it's in fucking F - what use is that?

- - - Updated - - -

Checking corrosion of conformity on spotify, sick man!

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    When I play the Hidden Masters the descending riff is on the f min pentatonic, unless I've figured it out all wrong, it sounds the same!

I get what you mean about Orange Goblin, I guess I just brought into them live, their studio stuff is kinda poppy. Red Fang were sick live, spot on and sounded great and they're really cool guys too.

I'm listening to the Wiseblood album at the moment, tasty riffage!

I recon Sludge Metal is one of the best genre names going, perfectly describes what you're about to hear - a bit like djent but not teenage and faggy.

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #496
    Oh I thought you meant tuning :D

Wiseblood is really great, but Deliverance is probably a more classic album I'd say. In The Arms of God has a few killer tracks as well. Vote With A Bullet from Blind is one of their best songs.

Djent is a joke :lol:

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    I just played through the hidden masters to check, it's in f! The verse riff is F, Ab, Bb, and the sexy riff runs down the f pent, they're probably down a tone and playing in G.

Stop giving me songs, I have like 20 now :D!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)