Guglielmo Stendardo (3 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Dont forget Mellberg and i bet we will keep Andrade one more year!
Word..I totally forgot about Mellberg

Dossena-Chiellini-Zapata-Zebina
(De Ceglie)(Legro)(Mellberg)(Grygera)

I think this would be perfect even though our defense won`t look like this since Secco said Mellberg will be the only one coming to reinforce our defense.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
Word..I totally forgot about Mellberg

Dossena-Chiellini-Zapata-Zebina
(De Ceglie)(Legro)(Mellberg)(Grygera)

I think this would be perfect even though our defense won`t look like this since Secco said Mellberg will be the only one coming to reinforce our defense.
maybe grosso instaed of dossena?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
maybe grosso instaed of dossena?
I think Dossena is much better at the moment IMO and I`d prefer him.

Anyway I think we should do something with our right backs.We should not relay on Zebina and Grygera.

Now when I remember we could`ve signed Ivanovic for 8-9mln euros. :sigh: But Secco was just too slow as usual.He`s good at center and at the right.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Dont forget Mellberg and i bet we will keep Andrade one more year!
That is very true, Andrade will be back, we have Mellberg coming and we should sign Stendardo. We'll be having: Chiellini, Mellberg, Legrottaglie and Stendardo for CBs.

We should also get Grosso and bring back De Ceglie and we are done in the defensive department and we will remain with our biggest problem, finding the ideal player to partner Sissoko and Nedved's replacement.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
IF Mellberg will be the only one coming to reinforce our defense, then i guess we have no options, than to push Chiellini back to LB.
De Ceglie or Molinaro cant be our starter LBs in Cl

Chiellini - - Mellberg - (Legro) - - Zebina
(De Ceglie)(Criscito) Andrade (Grygera)

- - - - - - - Buffon

- - - - - - ( Mirante)

IF Andrade returns to his old self, we have a half decent, defense to compete in the CL

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
IF Mellberg will be the only one coming to reinforce our defense, then i guess we have no options, than to push Chiellini back to LB.
De Ceglie or Molinaro cant be our starter LBs in Cl

Chiellini - - Mellberg - (Legro) - - Zebina
(De Ceglie)(Criscito) Andrade (Grygera)

- - - - - - - Buffon

- - - - - - ( Mirante)

IF Andrade returns to his old self, we have a half decent, defense to compete in the CL
We cannot rely only on Mellberg alone, this is why I am so much for the capture of Stendardo and as I said yesterday, he's already in Turin and that will save us a plane ticket :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
That is very true, Andrade will be back, we have Mellberg coming and we should sign Stendardo. We'll be having: Chiellini, Mellberg, Legrottaglie and Stendardo for CBs.

We should also get Grosso and bring back De Ceglie and we are done in the defensive department and we will remain with our biggest problem, finding the ideal player to partner Sissoko and Nedved's replacement.
Why are you,or anyone else so confident on our RBs?

Zebina not bad but he is injury prone.Grygera is...well it`s Grygera.Two good and rest of the matches are bad.

If someone gets injured we`re relaying on Salihamidzic who`s terrible there.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Zebina not bad but he is injury prone.Grygera is...well it`s Grygera.Two good and rest of the matches are bad.

First I am a big fan of Zebina but as you said he's injury prone. For me the RB position is the least priority or our purchaces and that's about it. Let us buy one CB, one LB, two midfielders and if we have money left we go for a RB.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
First I am a big fan of Zebina but as you said he's injury prone. For me the RB position is the least priority or our purchaces and that's about it. Let us buy one CB, one LB, two midfielders and if we have money left we go for a RB.
I like Zebina too but he`s missing too many matches and it`s real pain to watch Grygera or Sali there IMO.

I wish we could sign Bosingwa.Too bad he`s Porto player.

I want to see Giovinco back btw.

Your plan looks good but I really doubt we`ll do it that way.I think we`re going to sign striker (Amauri) get Mellberg and sign one midfielder.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

If Chiellini stays a CB, we need a very good LB, someone like Grosso would be fine, but so far we only look for free and young players. That would mean no starter!!
Adding the fact that our transfer targets indicate that we dont aim at the back and the announcement that Mellberg will be our last defender, really makes me worried.
If this is the case, i insist that our best possible solution is Chiellini!

As for the CB, we have plenty of alternative solutions, if we buy anything, it should be smth special. Someone special, someone better like Legro, otherwise we better not waste any money for another cheap sub and bring back Criscito.
From now on, to strengthen our team we need top material, cheap and free players would add nothing. Whats the point having 4 half decent options when you can have 2 reliable ones?? Two reliable solutions for every positions should be enough.We can only field 11 players on the pitch. We should set our priorities to upgrade our starters value. Jack, you have seen in the derby how much we suffer in our weaklings against a strong squad. We cant go far with De Ceglie or Molinaro as starters. Better not waste our money, make a few but important acquisitions.
No need to buy Stendardo.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We cannot rely only on Mellberg alone, this is why I am so much for the capture of Stendardo and as I said yesterday, he's already in Turin and that will save us a plane ticket :D
If Andrade isnt fit, we should sell him/get rid of him,
i dont hink he will have a second chance here, we will keep him at max, until x-mas.
If we do sell him, then we must buy a new alt, only then Stendardo would be a wise choice. But i am confident than we can find a better options for the same money, ehrn and if the times come to spend that much.
I think you miss the point, why Stendardo is here,
he is here, because our owners didnt wish to invest on a defender.
I dont see his sale would be easier than any other player, because the reason is strictly financial.
Stendardo is much better from nothing, if that is the case, but it isnt!

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

Teams don't live an die by their fullbacks, but they do by their CBs. We have Zebina, Grygera, Sali, Biri to cover for RB and next season Melberg can play there as well if needed. Sure none of them are on the level of somone like Maicon, but they get the job done. We would only need really good attacking fullbacks if we were to play a wingless system. in that case we would need good fullbacks who can offer us width.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

ATM, on theory we have 4 alt on the RB position, it is less likely that we will spend to reinforce that position. Not that we dont want to!!
Biri will retire, but De Ceglie and Mellberg can help to cover that position.
Salih and Grygera are decent subs and we cant make any money on their sales, so i guess they are staying.

Our only chance to get a decent RB would be to sell Zebina, to one of the EPL teams that are interested for him. And then use that cash + 5-10mil to buy a very good RB, meant to be a starter!

I guess, this can wait, one more year...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Teams don't live an die by their fullbacks, but they do by their CBs. We have Zebina, Grygera, Sali, Biri to cover for RB and next season Melberg can play there as well if needed. Sure none of them are on the level of somone like Maicon, but they get the job done. We would only need really good attacking fullbacks if we were to play a wingless system. in that case we would need good fullbacks who can offer us width.
Team works much better if you have Vargas instead of Molinaro.

Number of passes/crosses increase which means more goals.Especially if we`re talking about Vargas.

Having Grygera,Sali or Biri on the right can only harm us since they don`t bring us any good.Just bad reactions and leaving too much space opened.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Grosso can be good enough, we just need someone better than De Ceglie and Molinaro.we refer to him as an example.

How much should we spend on Dossena?
7mln euros.

ATM, on theory we have 4 alt on the RB position, it is less likely that we will spend to reinforce that position. Not that we dont want to!!
Biri will retire, but De Ceglie and Mellberg can help to cover that position.
Salih and Grygera are decent subs and we cant make any money on their sales, so i guess they are staying.

Our only chance to get a decent RB would be to sell Zebina, to one of the EPL teams that are interested for him. And then use that cash + 5-10mil to buy a very good RB, meant to be a starter!

I guess, this can wait, one more year...
I`d keep Zebina as second option and sell Sali if necesary.I`d not wait another year,thats for sure.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I agree that CBs are much more important, but we should not underestimate the importance of other positions too. As a whole, we suffer if any player, at any position under-performs. And this is more visible when we play against high opposition.
the game with Milan for ex proved how much we will suffer if we dont strengthen our weak points next year, if we have to face similar, or even better teams.
Ou opponents will find every weakness, we have and they will abuse it to the maximum, remember Kaka and Molinaro last night??
This year, make no mistake we were a mid table team that performed pretty well and we were lucky enough to find our opponents in a very very bad shape.
Next year Milan wont be as bad as she today and maybe Fiorentina will grow even stronger! To build a better team, we need the average value of our players to be very high, to hunt the first places in championship and Europe we need consistency and a strong team overall. If we keep relying in 2-3 players to do the difference at every match, we have no hope, when they fail, our whole team will fail, because there will be no one to help them and to do the job for them!

7mln euros.

I`d keep Zebina as second option and sell Sali if necesary.I`d not wait another year,thats for sure.
7mil is good, i would chose to spend there, than spend double for Stendardo:sick:

Unfortunately, at this age and form, nobody would buy Salih and even if they do, he would only be a low rate sub choice.
But some EPL may see Zebina as a full time starter and pay no cover half of the money we need for a top RB.
If we have the money, just like i said, i would also prefer to see this problem fix, instead getting Amauri.
Fixing our starter positions, should be our priority, we bought too many second class material and with the youngster we will bring back, we have enough depth, time to buy some cutting edge starters!!
Unfortunately, our managers dont seem eager to invest though and they invent all kind of lame excuses...

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Team works much better if you have Vargas instead of Molinaro.

Number of passes/crosses increase which means more goals.Especially if we`re talking about Vargas.

Having Grygera,Sali or Biri on the right can only harm us since they don`t bring us any good.Just bad reactions and leaving too much space opened.
regarding the first 2 sentences. It shows how poor our Left side of midfield is. See the reason Molinaro's terrible crosses comes under light so much is because the lack of a good winger. If we had someone such as Robben or a young Nedved then Molinaro would not be such a weakness. But because we lack that, we have to rely on Molinaro to give us width and put in crosses.

and about the RBs. Again teams don't live and die by them. We won 2 titles playing with Zebina as a RB, Barca win 2 titles and CL with Olgeuer (who makes Zebina look world class) and that Dutch guy as LB.
If we had a better defender next to Chiellini then our Defensive side of our fullbacks would not be so obvious. But because our team as a whole (with the exception of a few positions) is so piss poor, the weak links stand out the most and that's makes them appear even worse than they are.

Cronios-

you are right. We should fix our weak areas for sure. I'm not saying we should not get good fullbacks, but a creative mdifielder and a CB come first. Molinaro belongs to mid table clubs like AC Milan and not top ones like Juve. Out of all our current defenders he should be the first to leave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)