Guess what: Gaucci launches new legal battle (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Gaucci launches new legal battle
Saturday 26 June, 2004

One year after a summer-long war in the Italian appeal courts saw Serie B expanded to 24 teams, Perugia chief Luciano Gaucci has launched a new crusade.

“We will appeal to the Olympic Committee council to get Perugia reinstated into the top flight,” announced the volcanic President. “Some clubs did not have the correct financial status to register for this Championship.”

There was controversy last summer when Roma and several other sides were allowed to enter the Serie A campaign despite providing false paperwork to prove their financial status. A police investigation found that the clubs were the victims of fraud rather than the perpetrators, so their guarantees were accepted despite being handed in late.

“I am certain that our appeal will be accepted and our rights acknowledged,” continued Gaucci, “but in case that doesn’t happen I am ready to go to the bitter end, including into the civil courts.”

This is a terrifying prospect for anyone who followed last year’s chaotic legal battle between Catania – also owned by Gaucci – and the Federation.

Due to a rule that was open to interpretation, Catania claimed they drew a game with a side that fielded a player who had not sat out a one-match ban. This dragged on for several months until the FIGC eventually caved in and expanded Serie B to 24 teams in order to include the Sicilians.

“Perugia deserve Serie A,” insists Gaucci, “because we always did everything by the book, while other clubs did not and that is why I am prepared to lead this battle. I consider this to be a tougher challenge than the one I won with Catania last year, but I won’t give in and am ready to use any means necessary.”

Perugia were relegated into Serie B after losing the play-off with Fiorentina 2-1 on aggregate.

“I confirm my intention of selling off the entire squad as punishment. It is also certain that the Coach will be Serse Cosmi, as he has another year left on his contract and his future is not remotely in doubt.”

Only this week Gaucci’s son Alessandro, who is also a director at Perugia, claimed that Cosmi was free to leave the Stadio Curi if he was offered a better job.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Well, yes and know. He does have a point, but he's also known as the jackass and clown of Serie A. He brought Jung Hwan-Ahn (is that his name) to Perugia and then fired him when he scored the winning goal against Italy in WC 2002, he bought Ghadaffi, he wanted to buy a woman football player to play for Perugia in Serie A, he complains about the refs and the FIGC EVERY SINGLE WEEK, he's responsible for the restructuring og Serie A and B, etc.

Apr 4, 2004
    he is too bossy from wat i hear - i reckon woman should be allowed cos like mia hamm(?) is really good for america etc. the jung hwan-ahn guy,did he fire him BECAUSE he scored the winning goal? if so thats total bull!

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    Yep, exactly because of that.

And now they have a rule that men and women cant play in the same league.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    He was recently quoted of saying that all his players had been pathetic this season and the only people worthy of staying at the club were Cosmi, Ravanelli and Ghadaffi...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    has anyone seen Geddaffi play in the Serie A?

i've seen him play in the Libyan domestic league,he's a terrible player IMO,but with the help of the referee who gives him penalties everytime he fakes it inside the penalty box,and of course the defenders who are even afraid of touching him,he manages to get some 10-15 goals a season.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    he doesnt need balls to bench Geddaffi.

Geddaffi cant be the "spoiled little boy who always gets things going his way" in Italy.

there's no excitement in the Libyan league at all,the team geddaffi plays with wins the league,thats why Many of the top clubs in Libya,their main target every season is El Geddaffi:groan:.Libyan football will never get better as long as Geddaffi plays the biggest role in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)