Grygera signs for Ajax (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
AJAX SIGN SUPERSTAR #3: GRYGERA

Zdenek Grygera will play for Ajax for the next four seasons. The Amsterdam club announced on Tuesday morning that they have reached an agreement with the Czech defender and his club Sparta Prague. Like always, Ajax did not share any details on the financial side of the deal.

"This is our third great signing this transfer campaign after striker Sonck and defender Escudé. Ajax just gained another very talented player!" - Ajax transfer guru Van Eijden says. "The technical staff is very happy about this signing", he continues, "I'm especially happy that we managed to beat some fierce competition for this player, such as Italian champions Juventus and German side Borussia Dortmund."

Grygera himself had already stated to favour the Amsterdam club on Monday; "Ajax is a great club with some excellent results in the past two years!"

The 23 year old player played for Sparta Prague the past seasons with which he won no less than 4 Czech titles. He played 119 games for Sparta, in which he managed to score 5 times. He has also played 16 times for the national side already, scoring one goal.

Grygera will leave to England with Ajax next Tuesday on a pre-season tournament in the English city of Derby, near Birmingham where the Dutch giants will face Derby County and Nottingham forest.

Taken from www.vi.nl
Translated by Erik

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Grygera will leave to England with Ajax next Tuesday on a pre-season tournament in the English city of Derby, near Birmingham where the Dutch giants will face Derby County and Nottingham forest.
we're famous :D

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
:frown:,
I liked him very much from what I saw against Holland.

And as a Feyenoord fan, it has been dreadful summer. Loosing PVH, Kalou (though I never rated Kalou in the first place.:D), and possibly Bosvelt. And Ajax comes up with 3very good signings. PSV has pretty good team with excellent manager.:groan:

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by littleD ] ++
    Already calling him a superstar? A bit much, no?
    Don't ask me - I just translate :angel:

Jun-Hide: at least you still got Van Persie ;) But yeah you're right. It's a shame Feyenoord aren't in the Cl as well cause at least then they could spend some money. NL needs to steal that third berth back from Greece fast!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I wanted Grygera really badly, but look at it on the good side, at least he's gone to Ajax and not Real Madrid or AC Milan.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
    yeah :rolleyes:
    but they do need a midfielder, as litmanen is pretty old :down: and vdm left for galata
    Yeah, they could use a midfielder but dont' forget they still have Pienaar, Galasek, Yakubu, De Jong, Snijder (spelling?) and Van der Vaart.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #17
    Sneijder and he has really grown last season! Plus they have some players back from injury like Heitinga in defence. He was considered the biggest talent in NL alongside VDV but he got injured.

Let's see what he can do!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)