Group F

• Italy

• Paraguay

• New Zealand

• Slovakia

Results are only viewable after voting.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
If by style you mean flopping around in the area, then you must be great in bed.
They were the best team of the World Cup. When you finally get over the harsh moment of Cannavaro lifting up the Cup, you'll easily realize that.

Not really, if they were Uzbek or Chinese, nobody would watch their matches for their national team, unlike folks around here with the Azzurrini. Plus most fas have the stereotype that lesser known countries produce lesser players, so if you combine the two, folks have a natural bias against players that are not Italian, simply through ignorance. Moreover, since many here are indeed Azzurri fans, their optimism and hope for the future naturally clouds their judgement.

It has everything to do with them being Italian in most cases.
No it doesn't. I'm excited about all of our primavera players. Unlucky for you, most of them are Italian.

But the problem is more folks want Italian players in the first place, considering it is an Italian club. This is what one could call a natural bias.

The sheer fact of the matter is that when you line up player by player, Italian vs. Non-Italian, the majority of the forum will take the Italian player, both due to ignorance and the natural bias that this is an Italian club. People tend to stick with what they know, so that's why you see people here claiming Barzagli is our best option while saying Pepe sucks.
Who was the one making fun of Inter for not fielding even one Italian player? I'm sure it wasn't me.

Everything you said above Andy is nonsense. I'm an Azzurri fan because my favorite players have always been playing for them. When you like a player, you like him to do good. This is natural. I don't care about Italian talents in the league but I do care about those who are playing for Juve. In fact, no matter what their nationalities are, I love them to turn to big players so I might overrate them a little bit. Great national teams have their foreign supporters whether you like it or not. There are tons of people who love Brazil national team even though they aren't necessarily Brazilians.

If your national team too, improves and turns to a great team with a great history in future (it requires some decades though) then you'll see how some non-American people will cheer for your team in the international competitions and then you might understand what I'm saying.

I don't care if you mind your basketball national team having fans and supporters all over the world (many of which are not Americans) but I have no problem admitting that I am one of them. I love them because lots of my favorite basketball players are playing for them.

Now take my advice and start spending some time in the middle-ground. Nothing in the world is all white or all black. Never can a small black spot make a good thing all bad. This "love it or fuck it" thing sucks.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No it doesn't. I'm excited about all of our primavera players. Unlucky for you, most of them are Italian.
What do you mean "unlucky"? I don't care what nationality they are, and as you know, I absolutely love Giovinco and Marchisio. So I'm not quite sure what you were trying to insinuate there.

Everything you said above Andy is nonsense. I'm an Azzurri fan because my favorite players have always been playing for them. When you like a player, you like him to do good. This is natural. I don't care about Italian talents in the league but I do care about those who are playing for Juve. In fact, no matter what their nationalities are, I love them to turn to big players so I might overrate them a little bit. Great national teams have their foreign supporters whether you like it or not. There are tons of people who love Brazil national team even though they aren't necessarily Brazilians.
It's not nonsense, it's just how people are.

You might not care what nationality a player happens to be, but my point is some folks do, and we see it all the time on these forums. You've even seen it in this thread with one moron praising De Rossi, a Romanista, for elbowing one of the classiest Americans on and off the pitch in the history of our game, somebody that wouldn't hurt a fly.

If your national team too, improves and turns to a great team with a great history in future (it requires some decades though) then you'll see how some non-American people will cheer for your team in the international competitions and then you might understand what I'm saying.
I understand what you're saying, but will ever agree with it.

The folks that will flock to the USMNT if by the long-shot chance we win the World Cup after supporting Italy will be faux fans to me as well. Notice how I already think Italian Todd is a phony fan despite him saying he likes our side.

Now take my advice and start spending some time in the middle-ground. Nothing in the world is all white or all black. Never can a small black spot make a good thing all bad. This "love it or fuck it" thing sucks.
But notice I only apply this mentality to football, not politics or life or death matters such as war. The least someone can do is support one's nation in sport, so my opinion will not change on the subject.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
King Ale,

At the end of the day you should only support the National Team of your heritage end of.
No. I easily could have been born somewhere else thus I would have been easily cheering for another country. I'm not going to support a team on the sole reason of them representing a place in which I was born. Of course when you are to watch your national team quite more often than other teams, you start growing some sort of attachment and sympathy to them and this is why many of my favorite athletes and teams are naturally from my country but then again, when I don't like a team I just can't help it by trying to convince myself of cheering for them only because they are Iranian.

But notice I only apply this mentality to football, not politics or life or death matters such as war.
I'm not really sure about that.

You first made a hero out of Obama in the pre-election period forgetting that heroes don't happen in the stable developed countries where all the organizations are moving in the same direction. Heroes belong to Iran, India, Africa, Argentina, etc where the whole system is corrupt. You let your expectations fly so high that you couldn't accept the first contradictions between what Obama had promised and what he was really doing so what happened? Obama turned to Bush overnight for you. He's either the United States' savior or else he is on a par with George Bush. If he is not the hero he was supposed to be, there is absolutely no positive stuff he's able to do.

The least someone can do is support one's nation in sport, so my opinion will not change on the subject.
What do you mean by "the least"? What do I owe to my country big enough to make me cheer for them in sports no matter if I like them or not?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
King Ale, perfect posts :tup:

Said the same to Andy before in terms of zero middle ground being the crux of it, excellent example too.

fabianaceeee

Nov 1, 2009
They were the best team of the World Cup. When you finally get over the harsh moment of Cannavaro lifting up the Cup, you'll easily realize that.

Who was the one making fun of Inter for not fielding even one Italian player? I'm sure it wasn't me.

I don't care if you mind your basketball national team having fans and supporters all over the world (many of which are not Americans) but I have no problem admitting that I am one of them. I love them because lots of my favorite basketball players are playing for them.

Exactly, I agree 10000000000000%; this is what I've been saying, or trying to say, for a few weeks now

fabianaceeee

Nov 1, 2009
No. I easily could have been born somewhere else thus I would have been easily cheering for another country. I'm not going to support a team on the sole reason of them representing a place in which I was born. Of course when you are to watch your national team quite more often than other teams, you start growing some sort of attachment and sympathy to them and this is why many of my favorite athletes and teams are naturally from my country but then again, when I don't like a team I just can't help it by trying to convince myself of cheering for them only because they are Iranian.
You should at least have respect for your country's NT though. If Italy and Venezuela met in the WC I'd be completely behind my country. But that's just me

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
@King Ale,

You raise good points, however I still don't agree with you. I fully back Andys opinion on the matter, Some of the people who cheer for other nations rather than their own is disgusting. In you case its understandable but people from the US supporting Italy? That is wrong.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
It is disgusting becasue being an Arab and living in the Middle East for 18 years. everybody there is a fan of one of the big teams brasil/italy/argentina/germany/ ..etc. They actually believe they are a part of this country and talk as if they are from there. for example if you talk to the one who cheers for germany he will talk like that" MY national team" and they love to brag about it as if they are germans or italians or etc. It is annoying and those people seriously need to be treated for stupidity and illness. I can't just pick a successful national team and talk about it as if it is my country. It is just wrong and idiotic. I i am lebanese as long as lebanon is not in the world cup ( which will never happen :D) then I will watch the tournament to enjoy the footie and have a good time, otherwise I just can't celebrate the win of nation that has no connection with me

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
It is disgusting becasue being an Arab and living in the Middle East for 18 years. everybody there is a fan of one of the big teams brasil/italy/argentina/germany/ ..etc. They actually believe they are a part of this country and talk as if they are from there. for example if you talk to the one who cheers for germany he will talk like that" MY national team" and they love to brag about it as if they are germans or italians or etc. It is annoying and those people seriously need to be treated for stupidity and illness. I can't just pick a successful national team and talk about it as if it is my country. It is just wrong and idiotic. I i am lebanese as long as lebanon is not in the world cup ( which will never happen :D) then I will watch the tournament to enjoy the footie and have a good time, otherwise I just can't celebrate the win of nation that has no connection with me
I am Egyptian and am a huge fan of the azzuri. As an admirer of Juve I cant help but cheer for our players. 2006 WC final was one hell of a match for me as almost Juve's entire squad was laying on both sides but i still supported the Azzuri.

I was watching the game in Sharm El Sheikh and i celebrated the WC victory with Italians. I can't say i was as happy as they were but i was quite thrilled.

In the confederations cup, Italy faced Egypt. I normally despise everything about Egypt and i usually do not care about Egyptian football at all and so i was going to watch the match to support Italy (the team with the players i actually admire).

Surprisingly to me though, I found myself ecstatic when Egypt actually performed up to Italy's standard and even more after Homos scored Egypt's goal. I celebrated like a lunatic that night with all my fellow Egyptians.

My point is, that when you are a football admirer and you come from a nation that mostly sucks at it, you usually choose a foreign side to support (as your nation is not involved in the grand competitions).

I chose Italy as my favorite NT in all competitions and its really rare that Egypt would encounter them in a competition. When they do then I'll find myself supporting Egypt over them. And so, i think its completely okay to be an Azzuri fan without being Italian especially if you are coming from a weak footballing nation.

Its also question of the object of your emotional attachment. I am more attached to players than to teams. And so, whenever my favorite players are featuring in a team, i support the team. If they are not, then i don't support the team.
I fell in love with Juve because of its players more than its shirt. Now, those players change with time but the process is gradual and so i get attached to some of the new players. For example, I am attached to Marchisio & Chiellini( a player that wasn't a part of the Juve I originally fell in love with).

If DP, trezgol and camo were to retire, Chiellini, Marchisio, IQ, Sissoko were to be sold and their replacements were to be players that I hate/feel neutral about, then i would stop supporting Juve.

I have no attachments to the club management or the owners. I have no attachment to club history that i didn't witness and no attachment to the coaches.

The collective attachment to most of the Juve players makes me Love Juve. Similarly, the collective attachment to Azzuri players (Non-juventus players included like Totti, Gattuso and Pirlo). My slight nationalism is the only reason i occasionally watch the egyptian national team. But on a deeper level, I dont give a fuck about any player (except for Amr Zaki).

Call me a fake Fan all you want, but i would hate Juve if it had 90% of Inter's current squad.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm not really sure about that.

You first made a hero out of Obama in the pre-election period forgetting that heroes don't happen in the stable developed countries where all the organizations are moving in the same direction. Heroes belong to Iran, India, Africa, Argentina, etc where the whole system is corrupt. You let your expectations fly so high that you couldn't accept the first contradictions between what Obama had promised and what he was really doing so what happened? Obama turned to Bush overnight for you. He's either the United States' savior or else he is on a par with George Bush. If he is not the hero he was supposed to be, there is absolutely no positive stuff he's able to do.
Well, he is continuing Bush's policies on quite a lot of fronts. He's expanding wars, following the same economic policies, and has very similar people in his administration to that of Bush. Very much of what Obama promised in his campaign has not come true, even far more than what Bush had promised, so what's your point?

Also, I didn't make a hero out of Obama. I just thought he was the better person for the job, someone new who could potentially stir up Washington. Too bad that wasn't the case.

The first step in becoming a better person is to admit faults, and one of those for me is voting for Obama. I should have known better.

Perhaps next time I won't bother responding to such silly posts.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009

First of all allow me to give you my condolences over the Um Durman war :D. I won’t judge you as a fake fan or anything because I am not here to judge people; I am here to share my love of juventus with other juventinis. I have no problem cheering to other nation, the problem arises when people will brag about it by saying yeah WE the Italian/Brazilian/..etc won. I hate posting on Arab forums because for example the Azurri Arab fans will get mad if you say something negative about Italy and the same thing goes to German Arab fans, Brazilian, and etc. They get in your face believing that they are really from this country and belong to it; I have an issue with those delusional people who need to wake the fuck up. I usually would love for Italy to do good only because many of Juventus players play for it, but if the Azurri loses I couldn’t care less. When Egypt won the African cup in 2006 and 2008 or against Italy in 2009 I celebrated like crazy because as a Lebanese I feel connection to Egyptians. We speak same language, same culture, and many similarities. I felt proud as an Arab. When it comes to Italy, Brasil, Germany and ..etc there is no connection at all.

I started cheering for juventus right after 1990 world cup when Milan was the team to follow and jump on its bandwagon, but I choose juventus because I loved Vialli, R. Baggio, and Ravanelli. I love the juve shirt more than the players, I don’t care who is wearing the shirt, I care about the shirt itself. If Inter player God forbid wore the juve shirt I would be 100 % be behind them. If those players were juventus players we would have a different view of them. I love Juve as a club and not individuals. If they sold del piero , Gigi, and Trezequet to another club I would still be a Juventus fan. Juventus made those players what they are now, and not the other way around

I give a fuck about Egyptian players like Abu trika and barak because they are more talented than this prick Amr Zaki, and they have a lot of respect.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Not this again :sergio: Each one has an opinion regarding this matter, so let's just leave it at that. No need to call someone who disagrees with you an idiot, stupid, or label them as disgusting or deserving of medical attention :andyandbarcelona:

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
B81 I think you meant me, did you seriously read what I wrote. I have no problem with people who cheers for other national teams, it is the annoying ones who run around and brag around and talk WE ITALIAN or WE THE GERMANS WON AND BETTER THAN YOU LOSERS etc believing that they are really italians or germans. They are stupid and need to be treated. I couldn't careless who people cheer for, but if you choose to cheer for a a different national team don't come to my face and act all pride and patriotic about, because YOU ARE NOT FROM THIS COUNTRY

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I agree. I find that ludicrous. I wasn't referring to you in particular, but rather addressing the forum in general, as this debate has led to some heated discussions in the past, sometimes spiralling out of control.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
First of all allow me to give you my condolences over the Um Durman war :D. I won’t judge you as a fake fan or anything because I am not here to judge people; I am here to share my love of juventus with other juventinis. I have no problem cheering to other nation, the problem arises when people will brag about it by saying yeah WE the Italian/Brazilian/..etc won. I hate posting on Arab forums because for example the Azurri Arab fans will get mad if you say something negative about Italy and the same thing goes to German Arab fans, Brazilian, and etc. They get in your face believing that they are really from this country and belong to it; I have an issue with those delusional people who need to wake the fuck up. I usually would love for Italy to do good only because many of Juventus players play for it, but if the Azurri loses I couldn’t care less. When Egypt won the African cup in 2006 and 2008 or against Italy in 2009 I celebrated like crazy because as a Lebanese I feel connection to Egyptians. We speak same language, same culture, and many similarities. I felt proud as an Arab. When it comes to Italy, Brasil, Germany and ..etc there is no connection at all.

I started cheering for juventus right after 1990 world cup when Milan was the team to follow and jump on its bandwagon, but I choose juventus because I loved Vialli, R. Baggio, and Ravanelli. I love the juve shirt more than the players, I don’t care who is wearing the shirt, I care about the shirt itself. If Inter player God forbid wore the juve shirt I would be 100 % be behind them. If those players were juventus players we would have a different view of them. I love Juve as a club and not individuals. If they sold del piero , Gigi, and Trezequet to another club I would still be a Juventus fan. Juventus made those players what they are now, and not the other way around

I give a fuck about Egyptian players like Abu trika and barak because they are more talented than this prick Amr Zaki, and they have a lot of respect.
+rep on the bolded part.

Excellent post btw :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)