• Germany

• Australia

• Serbia

• Ghana

Results are only viewable after voting.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Even though I do agree that the poor performances cannot be blamed on the ball, there is an advantage to leagues whose balls are sponsored by Adidas. Shouldn't all teams be given access to the balls at the same time during training for the world cup?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Even though I do agree that the poor performances cannot be blamed on the ball, there is an advantage to leagues whose balls are sponsored by Adidas. Shouldn't all teams be given access to the balls at the same time during training for the world cup?
Thing is, you never start on a level playing field.

Some teams have an advantage due to the ball. Some teams have an advantage due to the altitude of the pitches. Some teams have an advantage due to the climate. Some due to the state of the pitches (grass). Some ...

If you can't adapt to that, you're gonna lose. But that's your own fault.

And when training for the world cup, they have access to the ball. It's an Adidas sponsored tournament after all.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
Thing is, you never start on a level playing field.

Some teams have an advantage due to the ball. Some teams have an advantage due to the altitude of the pitches. Some teams have an advantage due to the climate. Some due to the state of the pitches (grass). Some ...

If you can't adapt to that, you're gonna lose. But that's your own fault.

And when training for the world cup, they have access to the ball. It's an Adidas sponsored tournament after all.
All those are outside FIFA's control. But the ball aspect is definitely controllable. All they need to do is control when Adidas releases the ball. If the ball was made specifically for the world cup, use it only for the world cup. Just because Adidas sponsor both league in some countries and the world cup, shouldn't mean that those leagues should get to use, train and play competitive matches with the ball ahead of others. I'm not saying its a big conspiracy or anything, but its only fair.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #124
    All those are outside FIFA's control. But the ball aspect is definitely controllable. All they need to do is control when Adidas releases the ball. If the ball was made specifically for the world cup, use it only for the world cup. Just because Adidas sponsor both league in some countries and the world cup, shouldn't mean that those leagues should get to use, train and play competitive matches with the ball ahead of others. I'm not saying its a big conspiracy or anything, but its only fair.
    But somehow you feel it is a conspiracy to favour the Germans yet you don't want to admit it.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
    Dec 10, 2008
    So we germans get favored because we didn't put our self in the miserable to have only one ball for all matches in the league? The ball was offered to everyone, the national teams could have trained with it since Feb and get used to it.
    But I understand, the Germans have a conspiracy going because they use Adidas, Nike, Kappa, Puma, Derbystar and whatever balls in their league, depending on the home team.
    We need to stop the WC and give all the other teams half a year time to play with it, so it could be "fair".

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    That's not really true, is it?

After all, Fifa chooses where & when the games will be played.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
    But somehow you feel it is a conspiracy to favour the Germans yet you don't want to admit it.
    If I wanted to say its a conspiracy to favour the Germans, I'd say it. How do you know what I feel? Do you live in my head?

Like you always say, Don't put words in my mouth.

So we germans get favored because we didn't put our self in the miserable to have only one ball for all matches in the league? The ball was offered to everyone, the national teams could have trained with it since Feb and get used to it.
    But I understand, the Germans have a conspiracy going because they use Adidas, Nike, Kappa, Puma, Derbystar and whatever balls in their league, depending on the home team.
    We need to stop the WC and give all the other teams half a year time to play with it, so it could be "fair".
    Where did I say its a conspiracy to favour the Germans? I said it favours leagues who are sponsored by Adidas, but never said its a conspiracy. Don't twist my words.

That's not really true, is it?

After all, Fifa chooses where & when the games will be played.
    You know what I mean Buck. Only my opinion btw.

The thing is I didn't even mention Germany in any of the posts except as answer to this

It's not our fault that other nations and leagues are to retarded.
    For not using the German Adidas balls? :confused:
    That was just to take a jab at Sabet (she being German and all :D).

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    Yeah, I know what you meant. And you do have a valid point.
    But I just can not agree with the fact that this favours the Germans (or any other team), because it really shouldn't be difficult for professional players to adapt to a (slightly) different ball.

Plus, I felt that it was necessary to highlight the fact that there are always going to be teams who have the (dis)advantage. Simply impossible to avoid.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
    Yeah, I know what you meant. And you do have a valid point.
    But I just can not agree with the fact that this favours the Germans (or any other team), because it really shouldn't be difficult for professional players to adapt to a (slightly) different ball.

Plus, I felt that it was necessary to highlight the fact that there are always going to be teams who have the (dis)advantage. Simply impossible to avoid.
    That could be true but I've no clue how easy/difficult it is.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    :lol: They played well against a very weak opponent. What help are they receiving? As regards the ball, I think by the time the 2'nd round comes around all the qualified teams should have become accustomed to it.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    It's not our fault that other nations and leagues are to retarded.
    I'll explain again, several leagues (Serie A, PL, La Liga minimum) couldn't use it as they have a sponsorship with Nike, nothing to do with being 'retarded'. Sure, they could kick it about in training or in the street if they wanted, down the local park with kids.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)