Grosso, Rat, Zhirkov, Pasqual, Taiwo for LB (1 Viewer)

Your preffered LB

• Vargas

• Dossena

• Grosso

• Pasqual

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
:agree: I don't c us buying any new defenders this summer, am pretty sure our officials r satisfied with our defence ........
As we have enough defenders in terms of quanitity, if we were to buy one it would mean selling one of our current defenders that both Ranieri & our board has publically put "faith" and "trust" in and i get the feeling we're to scared to go back on that

Az24

Apr 28, 2008
In Terms of CD/CB...
Looks like Stendardo will be returning to lazio, Criscito is not fully trusted by CR so may stay with genoa... we have:

Legro 31, Andrade 30, Mellberg 30, Chiellini 23

Appart from Chiellini, that isn't top quality to me... Legro was in fantastic form this season but age isn't on his side and form is just temporary, whos to say he can carry it next season... Andrade is havin continuous surgery and prolonged injury, could be out most of next season...

I hope we sign a top quality CB/CD atleast (Zapata).... an injury to chiellini could be disastrous next season :(

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
In Terms of CD/CB...
Looks like Stendardo will be returning to lazio, Criscito is not fully trusted by CR so may stay with genoa... we have:

Legro 31, Andrade 30, Mellberg 30, Chiellini 23

Appart from Chiellini, that isn't top quality to me... Legro was in fantastic form this season but age isn't on his side and form is just temporary, whos to say he can carry it next season... Andrade is havin continuous surgery and prolonged injury, could be out most of next season...

I hope we sign a top quality CB/CD atleast (Zapata).... an injury to chiellini could be disastrous next season :(
Ok thats what i think our management have in their minds for next season, we've got 4 CB's in the team for next season: mellberg (sweden captain and a decent defender), andrade (portugal's captain and a class defender for sure "when fit"), chiellini showed that he's class this season and legro (who's not bad as a back up)

-i think two out of the 3 (mellberg, andrade and chiellini) will be starters and the others will be back ups.

- As a left back we'll have de cegglie, molinaro :spliff: in their. In case non of the two impressed ranieri next season, we can always use chiellini as a left back (not the best choise since he's a class CB but he's a great full back too and definetaly bitter than the previous two).

I think that our back line is not that bad. Yes it's faar bitter to get a class full back but even if we didn't we could manage with the players that we allready have.......

Az24

Apr 28, 2008
Andrade could do another gary neville next season... Constantly injury prone... constantly having surgery... he might not be the defender he was...

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Ok thats what i think our management have in their minds for next season, we've got 4 CB's in the team for next season: mellberg (sweden captain and a decent defender), andrade (portugal's captain and a class defender for sure "when fit"), chiellini showed that he's class this season and legro (who's not bad as a back up)

-i think two out of the 3 (mellberg, andrade and chiellini) will be starters and the others will be back ups.

- As a left back we'll have de cegglie, molinaro :spliff: in their. In case non of the two impressed ranieri next season, we can always use chiellini as a left back (not the best choise since he's a class CB but he's a great full back too and definetaly bitter than the previous two).

I think that our back line is not that bad. Yes it's faar bitter to get a class full back but even if we didn't we could manage with the players that we allready have.......
That's the problem, it's not too bad but it sure isnt a backline that would suggest we are on par with Europe's best as yet.. I think Blanc was truthful when he said no defensive players will arrive because we already have the players, they're just not that good tho and for one reason or another we'll have to be content

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We have GOT to use Chiellini at centerback. No question here. So what we need to do is sign one of these different left-backs to sure that side up, while hopefully offloading Molinaro.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Andrade could do another gary neville next season... Constantly injury prone... constantly having surgery... he might not be the defender he was...
what the fuck are you talking about??? you do know that football did not come into existence 2 years ago? since when did Gary Neville become "injury-prone"? he had a horrific injury, no doubt but he was one of the iron men for Man Utd before that

Az24

Apr 28, 2008
what the fuck are you talking about??? you do know that football did not come into existence 2 years ago? since when did Gary Neville become "injury-prone"? he had a horrific injury, no doubt but he was one of the iron men for Man Utd before that
You don't get what im saying... What im saying is Gary Neville had a horrific injury... Andrade has a horrific Injury... As a result gary neville spent all of last season struggling to get fit and he was always "on his way back from injury" and never fully fit to make the squad... Andrade could be the same next season thats what i meant!!!!

What i meant by saying Gary Neville is "injury prone" was because last season he kept picking up knocks and a repitition of the same injury which kept him out in the first place...

Dont even try and patronize me!

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I wouldn't even know where to start...i have never heard of anyone "patrinizing" someone...and go re-read your post...you were the one who said G-Neville is "constantly" injury-prone and "constantly" in surgery...if you want to make a point, then make it properly

Az24

Apr 28, 2008
I wouldn't even know where to start...i have never heard of anyone "patrinizing" someone...and go re-read your post...you were the one who said G-Neville is "constantly" injury-prone and "constantly" in surgery...if you want to make a point, then make it properly
Last season injury prone and constantly having surgery!! My point was Andrade could be the same next season!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)