Greece vs Turkey (2 Viewers)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Managed to caught a highlight of this game
To be honest, I havent been impressed by either of two teams. The game was very scrappy and lacked flow. However, it was always going to be like this given the rivarly between the two teams and past history meant that it was to be contested battle. Funnily enough, givne this fact and that the colors and design of NT jerseys were similar to that of Japan and Korea made it eeringly similar to famous Derby D' Asia I like to call it.:eek:;).
I cant comment too much but it seemed Greeks had the majority of play and yet Turks actually had better chances to win the match. Basinas almost scored an own goal after a mayhem in the box, and Serhat had a good run which nearly result in a goal right at the death. It seemed Vryzas had a good game, and was a real livewire. Vryzas IMO is very underrated player who uses his body extremely well - a real physical player with no nonsense attitude. And he got some skills. Turkey also played with great heart and has blooded nose, bruised bum :yuck::D to show for. And how Rustu made a fool out of himself. Obviously that bold Greek player fouled him but he really didnt need to go "Tom Cruise" to get noticed and get goal disallowed. Karagounis also had some nice spells, and one must wonder how all these talented players gets screwed once their put on Neazzuri shirt.:D. Emre, my favorite, was clearly out of form, and he seemed to dwell on the ball a bit too much which almost led to Greek opening.
At the end of day, it seemed draw was a fair result and the one that we expected.:). I think Turk and Greek will have a real fight to make the WC, and in truth I doubt either of these teams will make it.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Lil,

I cant say too much but I ll take your word.:).

I have always liked Vryzas ever since he played for Perugia, and I particuarly like the way in which he uses his body to protect the ball and make some use of it. Futhermore, his work-rate is really good, and he understands the concept of "team-work". He also has some flair as well evidenced by his good turn in the first half.:)

P.S. Greek had a really good penalty called dismissed right at the death.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Managed to caught a highlight of this game
To be honest, I havent been impressed by either of two teams. The game was very scrappy and lacked flow. However, it was always going to be like this given the rivarly between the two teams and past history meant that it was to be contested battle. Funnily enough, givne this fact and that the colors and design of NT jerseys were similar to that of Japan and Korea made it eeringly similar to famous Derby D' Asia I like to call it.:eek:;).
I cant comment too much but it seemed Greeks had the majority of play and yet Turks actually had better chances to win the match. Basinas almost scored an own goal after a mayhem in the box, and Serhat had a good run which nearly result in a goal right at the death. It seemed Vryzas had a good game, and was a real livewire. Vryzas IMO is very underrated player who uses his body extremely well - a real physical player with no nonsense attitude. And he got some skills. Turkey also played with great heart and has blooded nose, bruised bum :yuck::D to show for. And how Rustu made a fool out of himself. Obviously that bold Greek player fouled him but he really didnt need to go "Tom Cruise" to get noticed and get goal disallowed. Karagounis also had some nice spells, and one must wonder how all these talented players gets screwed once their put on Neazzuri shirt.:D. Emre, my favorite, was clearly out of form, and he seemed to dwell on the ball a bit too much which almost led to Greek opening.
At the end of day, it seemed draw was a fair result and the one that we expected.:). I think Turk and Greek will have a real fight to make the WC, and in truth I doubt either of these teams will make it.
man u should use spaces when u post.and make them short as possible in paragraphs. :)

about Emre: he is not the player he used to be 1 or actually 2 years ago. best turkish player around is gokdeniz akdeniz.he is fast and dribles.
The new coach doesn't seem like he is the best for the job.There are a lot of talents r there but his formation isn't good.

as i said before.this is very tough group.nobody knows how will end.maybe turks and Greeks can't make the top 2 none of them..

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
indeed.
vryzas have huge progress and he is general a great player IMO.

all of our guys are good....Seitaridis is also great...Zagorakis too...
i could name the whole squad and say theys good and bad points right now,but i won't do it...
i really can't bother...
but i have to say i was pretty satisfied from tonigght's match.

we could have done way better,but still,i was satisfied and that mean a lot to me

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
blame him??

you are not serious right??

i love him too much to blame him for anything...
Even he knew what wrong he did. with him everything would be different.

but it's past.blaming anyone won't make us champion righ?even shevchenko :p

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

Eto,fala ti na potpori,mi dobili,vi remizirali....jebat ga bice bolje srece slijedeci put....nasi su mi poklonili najljepsi rodjendanski poklon :)
imas rodendan??

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++

Even he knew what wrong he did. with him everything would be different.

but it's past.blaming anyone won't make us champion righ?even shevchenko :p
i blame him for everything.
blame an enemy is alsways better than blame someoen you love though,right??

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
indeed.
vryzas have huge progress and he is general a great player IMO.

all of our guys are good....Seitaridis is also great...Zagorakis too...
i could name the whole squad and say theys good and bad points right now,but i won't do it...
i really can't bother...
but i have to say i was pretty satisfied from tonigght's match.

we could have done way better,but still,i was satisfied and that mean a lot to me
There is a greek player that had problems with teammates.i don't remember his name. i guess he played in spain not sure.
He is a good player.y he didn't play tonight?

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002

man u should use spaces when u post.and make them short as possible in paragraphs. :)

about Emre: he is not the player he used to be 1 or actually 2 years ago. best turkish player around is gokdeniz akdeniz.he is fast and dribles.
The new coach doesn't seem like he is the best for the job.There are a lot of talents r there but his formation isn't good.

as i said before.this is very tough group.nobody knows how will end.maybe turks and Greeks can't make the top 2 none of them..
Haha I cant relatively quickly so I have no problem making it long.;).

As for Emre, yeah it is pity how much he has fallen from his "heyday" under Cuper. He used to be superb midfielder, and now he seems to have lost his edge. The problem with him IMO is that he is neither natural trequarsista, registra, or No. 11. He is a hybrid of all, and I can understand coaches having problem with him in formations.

And for qualification, I think neither Greece or Turkey is good enough to make it. Obviously I didnt see the whole match so I cant take many things for granted but Turkey LB seems vunerable, and lacked bit of technical class throughout the team, especially up front. The same can be applied to Greece as well. Both teams are pretty good, but I think Denmark got to be fav. for the group while it is a three-horse race for the play-offs. But anything can happen in soccer so Greeks and Turks has everything to play for.:)

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002

i blame him for everything.
blame an enemy is alsways better than blame someoen you love though,right??
ok ok .I guess u love to blame people.

but u should blame Mcmanaman or these refree was he markus merk.or frisk?

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003

There is a greek player that had problems with teammates.i don't remember his name. i guess he played in spain not sure.
He is a good player.y he didn't play tonight?
you mean demis nikolaidis?
he won't play again.
he becane president of AEK and he won't play again...

if you ment him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)