Greatest player of all time and why (2 Viewers)

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Ronaldo also got them to the final in 2002 and then scored twice in that very final.. Surely, the dude is at least a contender for greatest player of all time.
I have nothing against the original Ron, it's just this Kahlua guy said he can't choose a player that lost a final as the greatest ever and at the same time picked Ronaldo.

Jan 5, 2011
I have nothing against the original Ron, it's just this Kahlua guy said he can't choose a player that lost a final as the greatest ever and at the same time picked Ronaldo.
I wouldn't consider Ronaldo as greatest player contender if Brazil has not won WC 2002. If Argentina won next WC I will change my vote to Messi though, right now he is top 5 already.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
But less worse than Messi?
batistuta did have the finishing skills, he was the typical number 9.Batistuta also remains Argentina's all-time top scorer with scored 56 goals messi is unable to contribution for argentina even if he set a new record as scoring the most goals for argentina batistuta is the best of player in Argentine football quite obviously ahead of maradona in his time

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
batistuta did have the finishing skills, he was the typical number 9.Batistuta also remains Argentina's all-time top scorer with scored 56 goals messi is unable to contribution for argentina even if he set a new record as scoring the most goals for argentina batistuta is the best of player in Argentine football quite obviously ahead of maradona in his time
Yeah, you're right Messi's definitely Argentina's all time best player.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
GOAT? Tough to say as its tough comparing different periods..
Ronaldo is ours but I cant say he is the best of all time as I rate Messi more than him even if we have Ronaldo at our disposal..

Messi vs Maradona vs Pele - These are the final 3 for me

Messi - Won everything but international football
Maradona - Might have won the WC but I do not legitimate it as it would have been a straight red with a handball - Its not like he dived or something..
Pele - Would probably get my vote should he play in Europe.. Tough to pick someone who has never played in Europe..

Ronaldo (Brazil) - Should he avoid that nasty injury in 1999 I`d definitely pick him - He was unstoppable no matter how many Cannvaros Nestas Sammers Maldinis Monteros Chiellinis (You got the picture) you put on him he is unplayable.. He takes the ball and dribble past everyone and made it look easy... The injury got him to perform at 5% of his potential (and he still won a golden ball afterwards...)

DP - When he was on his prime (before Zanchi ruined him) he would get my vote as top 10 of all time and this list has very serious players like Cruyff Zidane and Platini so its not easy to get into this list...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)