Greatest player of all time and why (3 Viewers)

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
ßömßäяdîëя;1461508 said:
I say Gerd Mueller.

Perhaps the best striker to ever live.
I wasn't born to see Mueller. And my knowledge on him is kinda weak compared to other old time greats. But from what I have seen in highlights from old World Cups, the man has a sick feeling for scoring goals. Perhaps not a very graceful footballer, but more of an Inzaghi (only better) of his time. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 12, 2004
I wasn't born to see Mueller. And my knowledge on him is kinda weak compared to other old time greats. But from what I have seen in highlights from old World Cups, the man has a sick feeling for scoring goals. Perhaps not a very graceful footballer, but more of an Inzaghi (only better) of his time. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
Stats for you:

14 WC goals, only surpassed by Ronaldo, who played in half the world cups, I belive. '70 and '74 vs '98, '02 and '06, and Ronaldo had 15.

Apps. (gls)

1964-1979 FC Bayern Munich 453 (398)

Deutsche Nationalmannschaft:

62 (68)

Here, this is from Wiki:

"A supremely opportunistic goal-scorer, he also became German top scorer seven times and European top scorer twice. Müller scored 365 goals in 427 Bundesliga matches for Bayern Munich, almost 100 goals more than the second most successful Bundesliga scorer, Klaus Fischer. He holds the single-season Bundesliga record with 40 Goals in season 1971/72. He scored 78 goals in 62 German Cup games. His 66 goals in his 74 appearances at European cups are still a record. He is also one of the very few players of 50 or more caps to score more goals than he has games played. Not even Pelé can claim this distinction."

Those 40 goals in a season....the most I've seen by any player since I started really watching was 23 or so by Elber.

Turdhead

Chickenegro no funny
Jan 14, 2005
good call but only top 5 imo
i always feel batigol was a bit like one of my favourites ever zico, top quality but forgotten due to teh fact he was not a world cup winner. in a bettter argentina team or at juve he would have been widely regarded as the best of his generation. seriously its mainly watching him that i got into watching serie a...well him and baggio
Same. I started watching Serie A for that Batigol and Rui Costa Fiore team. They were entertainment.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
It's an interesting theory. But what if you end up downstairs?
then he can ask diego maradonna instead:shifty:

Same. I started watching Serie A for that Batigol and Rui Costa Fiore team. They were entertainment.
sure were, man that team was awesome

I don't think Ronaldinho is the player of this decade.
me neither, kaka is miles better and messi is gonna surpass him also, even henry has had more consistency. however most of zidanes greatest triumphs came in this decade

Apr 12, 2004

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
ßömßäяdîëя;1462381 said:
Lies?

How so, ARSEnal clownman?

:lol2:

BUT DELPIE LOVES CANDYMAN!

True, the best player of this decade is obviously Landon Donovan.
come on man thats turks phrase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)