Goodbye Ferrari! (2 Viewers)

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
Matteo Ferrari’s agent has confirmed that the Parma stopper will be playing for Roma next season.

"It’s almost a done deal," Mauro Gasperini stated. "There are just a few details that are still being discussed."

The central defender has been linked with the Giallorossi for some time and the arrival of Cesare Prandelli as Coach proved decisive.

"Matteo is very committed to Prandelli and he believes in Roma’s project of integrating youngsters alongside champions."

Prandelli Coached Ferrari for two seasons at Parma where he helped develop him into one of Italy’s most promising defenders.

The Italian international, a squad member at Euro 2004, had caught the attention of numerous clubs.

He was linked with a January move to Juventus before the likes of Manchester United took an interest.

"There were a variety of sides that were keen but we decided to start the most serious discussions with Roma," concluded Gasperini.

It is believed that Parma will net around £2m plus the services of a promising youngster for the player.

From Football Italia.

I knew this would happen. I never understood the optimism around you guys who thought "we'll get EITHER Ferrari OR Mexes, definitely one of them". Now we won't get either.

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
who said roma are gonna get both of them? they dont need both of them. they have chivu as CB and they signed ferrari. so they dont need mexes.

OP
Valley

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    Arif, I'd love for you to prove me wrong. But Roma seem obsessed with getting Mexes, it's only the fee that they are stumbling on. Roma are really into young players.

But, yes, I'd LOVE for the deal to cave in (so long as he doesn't go to Liverpool then). I'm just not optimistic about it.

I've no idea why we didn't secure Ferrari in January.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    it doesn't make a difference arif.now that roma's gotten one of them mexes will be snapped up by someone else.we won't be the ones mexes will be playing for next season.

we should have at least tried to get ferrari,who's the cheaper,more likely of the two.now we'll get neither.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    They don't have the money to buy Mexes... see how much they're paying for players? £2m for the most promising Italian defender. I won't be surpirsed if they they get Gilardino for a similar price.

What in the world has happened to this great transfer relationship between Parma and Juventus!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
    They don't have the money to buy Mexes... see how much they're paying for players? £2m for the most promising Italian defender. I won't be surpirsed if they they get Gilardino for a similar price.
    you just contradicted yourself.they're saving so much money by paying so little for ferrari that they'll most definitely have money for mexes.

OP
    Valley

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    Pendir, two things-

Parma's money problems
    Prandelli moving to Roma

Have spoiled the Parma- Juve transfer relationship.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    it doesn't make a difference arif.now that roma's gotten one of them mexes will be snapped up by someone else.we won't be the ones mexes will be playing for next season.

we should have at least tried to get ferrari,who's the cheaper,more likely of the two.now we'll get neither.

desmond, mexes' agent said himself that roma and juve are the favourites to sign mexes. now imo that roma gott ferrari, juve's chances are 80% - 20% to get him.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

you just contradicted yourself.they're saving so much money by paying so little for ferrari that they'll most definitely have money for mexes.
    Maybe, but not necessarily.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

desmond, mexes' agent said himself that roma and juve are the favourites to sign mexes. now imo that roma gott ferrari, juve's chances are 80% - 20% to get him.
    yes,but that's what was said of ferrari at the beginning of the summer too,that he was virtually a juve player.and gilardino,and zlatan,and emerson.;)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Valley ] ++
    Pendir, two things-

Parma's money problems
    Prandelli moving to Roma

Have spoiled the Parma- Juve transfer relationship.
    True... but I thought/hoped that there was a special relationship on a level higher than general managers.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    it's quite funny actually, Ferrari is cheaper than Mexes... If we won't sign Mexes or at least Cannavaro, we're screwed... Well, we seem to be screwed anyway... :down:

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Right now I feel exactly the same as I felt last summer and this winter. I've waited... and waited... and waited... but no news came. I am very afraid that this year things will stay the same.

Jul 12, 2002
    This is just sad. Since when is it okay for us to let Roma beat the shite out of us two years in a row on the transfer market?

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    yeay! Roma got Ferrari but we got 3 player which cost approximately same as Ferrari's transfer fee....

Good Job Moggi:thumb::lazy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)