Goodbye Ferrari! (1 Viewer)

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
yeay! Roma got Ferrari but we got 3 player which cost approximately same as Ferrari's transfer fee....

Good Job Moggi:thumb::lazy:

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
Roma: Totti for life
Friday 2 July, 2004
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma have confirmed that Francesco Totti will remain, as well as revealing the latest developments in their transfer campaign.

Totti did warn the club before Euro 2004 that he would consider his future if he was unconvinced by the competitiveness of the squad.

However, he has now informed the outfit that he intends to still be wearing the Giallorossi shirt next term.

"Just before he left for his holidays he told us that he wanted to stay with us forever," sporting director Franco Baldini revealed. "I want to thank him for that."

Totti was worried that the side may struggle to compete given the departure of Walter Samuel and the probable exit of Emerson.

The latter has agreed personal terms with Juventus but Baldini insists they have yet to make a bid for his services.

"Nothing has changed," added Baldini. "We had a very quick meeting with Juventus but they didn’t make us an offer.

"We could have sold Emerson to both Real Madrid and Inter but without the player’s consent we can do nothing."

Roma, despite their financial worries, are set to buy this summer – starting with Parma stopper Matteo Ferrari.

"We have agreed a deal for Ferrari, all we need to do is sort out which Roma players will be included in the transfer," he stated.

"Alberto Gilardino? He is a known target of ours but nothing has been agreed. Mexes? The Auxerre defender will be here for the start of pre-season."

Baldini also revealed that his side were on the verge of signing Rodrigo Taddei from Siena before it collapsed.

"We struck a deal with the player and the club but then someone convinced Siena President Paolo De Luca to change his mind," he concluded.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Can someone explain to me why Parma let Ferrari go for just £2m considering that the club is currently under administration and valued him at £5.5m???

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
fvck it all, I don't really care... roma even shouldn't be in serie a but still they're buying our transfer targets for ridiculous prices... fvck, I'm drunk and pissed off by those a*ses called sensi and baldini...

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i dont think mexes is a done deal as yet. i think baldini is just saying that to hype himself up.

nonetheless, i think if cannavaro did join, along with mexes, it would be great. If Mexes doesnt join, then Squillaci is another option. he is a very good defender and did well for monaco last season. and lets not forget that we got bonera, well i think juve has anyway. he is still young and i think he could be a good defender as well.

cannavaro and mexes/squillaci are crucial now.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
we are so frickin damn screwed.no ferrari,no mexes,and most probably nobody worth mentioning either.

either this chiellini guy is a nesta-in-the making or we'll be spending the next season sweating over the defence holding out against fiorentina and palermo:rolleyes:

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
1. Cannavaro is a must.
2. Hard to see that we lost Ferrari/Mexes
3. There are two more months of the tr. window
4. I hope Moggi realizes what exactly is at stake here

5. I am very pessimistic about whom we will buy before September.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i don't think inter will let go of cannavaro,one of the most solid defenders available on the market.he's an important part of their plans and they don't need the money either.

squillaci,imho,will most probably go wherever deschamps goes.he's young and in no hurry to further his career.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
i don't think inter will let go of cannavaro,one of the most solid defenders available on the market.he's an important part of their plans and they don't need the money either.

squillaci,imho,will most probably go wherever deschamps goes.he's young and in no hurry to further his career.
Cannavaro isn't that higly rated at inter as ppl. here seem to think!
They would rather keep Cordoba, Materazzi and even Adani than Canna!

Inter have signed the new "Samuel", Burdisso so if they sell
Canna it wouldn't be something that would ruin their plans!

btw. Deschamps is staying with Monaco!

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juventino ] ++

Cannavaro isn't that higly rated at inter as ppl. here seem to think!
They would rather keep Cordoba, Materazzi and even Adani than Canna!

Inter have signed the new "Samuel", Burdisso so if they sell
Canna it wouldn't be something that would ruin their plans!

btw. Deschamps is staying with Monaco!
Good for Deschamps... he will probably wait for 2-3 years before being invited by Juventus again. And Capello will probably join the Italian NT after 06 WC.

Ok, why isn't Cannavaro highly rated by Inter? Has there been any conflict or anything? Does purchase of Burdisso mean that Cannavaro will end up on the bench? Sorry, I didn't follow Inter too closely.

Sep 14, 2003
I'm now calm about our transfers so far. I am no longer expecting us to sign any great players. They don't want to address our problems of last season - fine. Expect us to struggle again, it could be a few hard season fo us Gobbi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)