Gonzalo Higuaín (16 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Morata went back to RM that season. Mario, the year before, had a decent season, but not a particularly great one. We had one scoring threat up front, and that was Dybala.

We needed another top scorer, and he was one of the top in the world at that time. Very few people were against the move, just against the amount paid. Credit ADL for putting a release clause in there for him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We needed at top striker at the time. Yes age and price was the problem but we needed him. Knowing that this time would come only a few seasons down the road. Bitter sweet transfer.
Licht Bonucci Chiellini AS
Khedira Pjanic Pogba
Cuadrado Dybala Mandzu

This was the starting XI before Pogba left. Now remove Labile and see what is the weakest part of the team. With the money we got for him, we could have brought in a replacement AND get a striker to rotate with Dybala-Mandzu. And we would have been much better off.

shilawieh

Mar 31, 2011
Licht Bonucci Chiellini AS
Khedira Pjanic Pogba
Cuadrado Dybala Mandzu

This was the starting XI before Pogba left. Now remove Labile and see what is the weakest part of the team. With the money we got for him, we could have brought in a replacement AND get a striker to rotate with Dybala-Mandzu. And we would have been much better off.
Then we got Ronaldo and had the same results. You can't really blame Higuain.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
We needed at top striker at the time. Yes age and price was the problem but we needed him. Knowing that this time would come only a few seasons down the road. Bitter sweet transfer.
That time was a pretty much given because of his age, and high wages. It was our own doing, our only chance of getting something back was when he went to Chelsea and even that was a failure.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Don't let the people who say higuain was a wasted transfer distract you from the fact that he scored 36 goals alone for Napoli. Which was more than madzukic,morata and dybala combined.

Easy to say he is wasted stranger now. In 2016 our strike force combined didny score as much as him.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Don't let the people who say higuain was a wasted transfer distract you from the fact that he scored 36 goals alone for Napoli. Which was more than madzukic,morata and dybala combined.

Easy to say he is wasted stranger now. In 2016 our strike force combined didny score as much as him.

Always thought we should buy players that can score for us but that's an interesting approach.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
The price is what is getting most people.

But when you look at higuain the player he was the right type of player we needed. A box predator who can use both feet. If you look back to 2016 there were that many options for a striker who can bang 20+ goals available. Like literally there was no one.

And I dont think when we bought him. We bought him with the intent of plusvalenza or selling him for profit.

He was bought to be here for 4 to 5 years as the prime player.

Ronaldo transfer ruined those plans. And really no one could have known ronaldo was going to want to leave for juve in 2016

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
The price is what is getting most people.

But when you look at higuain the player he was the right type of player we needed. A box predator who can use both feet. If you look back to 2016 there were that many options for a striker who can bang 20+ goals available. Like literally there was no one.

And I dont think when we bought him. We bought him with the intent of plusvalenza or selling him for profit.

He was bought to be here for 4 to 5 years as the prime player.

Ronaldo transfer ruined those plans. And really no one could have known ronaldo was going to want to leave for juve in 2016

Higuain was always ending like this regardless of Ronaldo. And we didn't need Higuain go win Serie A, while everybody knew he was going to be useless in the CL.

Of course, it's about the money. Every transfer needs to be judged that way because it's resources that could have gone elsewhere. Higuain was money down the drain.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
How can you say a transfer is about always about money and then not look at all aspects of a transfer? you know what a corporation like Juventus does to stay profitable? Look at all aspects of a business dealing.

There is more than buying and selling players. We are not the average user of a stock market.

A player is brought in for what contributions he can make. That includes winning titles ( which brings in money) qualifying for cl ( which brings in money) and passing cl rounds ( which brings in money)

Higuain not bring important to winning serie a is entirely your opinion and not a fact. The goals he scored in serie a, again being higher than mandzukic and dybala, plus his vital goals vs Napoli and inter disagree with you.

Then there is his goals and assists in CL.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
How can you say a transfer is about always about money and then not look at all aspects of a transfer? you know what a corporation like Juventus does to stay profitable? Look at all aspects of a business dealing.

There is more than buying and selling players. We are not the average user of a stock market.

A player is brought in for what contributions he can make. That includes winning titles ( which brings in money) qualifying for cl ( which brings in money) and passing cl rounds ( which brings in money)

Higuain not bring important to winning serie a is entirely your opinion and not a fact. The goals he scored in serie a, again being higher than mandzukic and dybala, plus his vital goals vs Napoli and inter disagree with you.

Then there is his goals and assists in CL.

I look at all the aspects. I look at his goals and also his misses and complete disappearances.

And most importantly, just because he scored goals for us, doesn't mean with be worse without him. He scored 36 goals for Napoli and 0 for us in 2016 and we still won. We never needed him for Serie A and he was never repeating that season for Napoli anyway.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
"We all loved this deal" what amount of BS. A lot of us were against the transfer since day one the rumour came out. It was a horrible deal for a lot of us.... look for the summer thread or the Paul or the same Pipa thread before coming here (If there was once) and you would see

- - - Updated - - -

With the exception of higuain, it was great (maybe not best, in 2011 we bought Pirlo, Vidal, Lichtsteiner, Vucinic). If we kept Pogba and Morata, it would have been perfection
And we decide NOT to do it, it was OUR decision... I still remember the celebration of the goal with Pogba, Morata, Paulo and JGC against City en champion and I said to my son, this juve is gonna win everything in the future.... well our manager took it into pieces... Beppe started the destruction, Fabio's acelerated it

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
"We all loved this deal" what amount of BS. A lot of us were against the transfer since day one the rumour came out. It was a horrible deal for a lot of us.... look for the summer thread or the Paul or the same Pipa thread before coming here (If there was once) and you would see

- - - Updated - - -

And we decide NOT to do it, it was OUR decision... I still remember the celebration of the goal with Pogba, Morata, Paulo and JGC against City en champion and I said to my son, this juve is gonna win everything in the future.... well our manager took it into pieces... Beppe started the destruction, Fabio's acelerated it
Yeah that was beautiful.

Cuads Khedira Marchisio Pogba AS
Dybala Morata

Could have kept Coman as well. Hopefully now with Kulu the trend will change and we will build somethinf similar soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)