Gonzalo Higuaín (92 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
With Mandzukic and Dybala probably going the only way I see Higgy leaving is if we are serious about bringing in both Icardi and another big name winger or CM.

I'd love him to stay as a sub player. If he's motivated to be that player then awesome. But only if we sell both Mandxu and Dybala. Too many CF's and Kean will become another Rugani story

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Higuain seems still good enoigh for rotation in Serie A/Copa/unimportant Cl games.
Am I the only one who havent changed his mind regarding Higuain?
He is a very good finisher and basically moves well BUT and this is a huge but... He is extremely heavy... In modern football its tough to win with players like him as starters..
Rotation - Of course he is good enough for rotation but his wages are too much for a rotation player..
I`d offer him a new contract with reduced wages and tell him to take it or choose to leave the club
Dybala?! I`d sell him to get Pogba or Neymar but I must say Im really interested to see how he does under Sarri...

Juve_newbie

Jan 11, 2017
Against tough opponents, I agree with you, but for normal games in Serie A or agains weak opponent in CL like Young boys, then Higuain is still good. We (fans, board) all want him out. Problem is that we can not ship him out due to his very high salary and the great amount of amortization cost (36M remaining), and he until now refuses to leave, just like Sanchez (MU), Bale (Real). If he does not change his mind, then we will stuck with him. Any action to force him out will not do anything, as he is 31 right now, no international career anymore, so he will be ok to collect 7M salary for next 2 years and then leave.

We can't do anything about that, so keeping him in the squad as rotation is our only option right now. At least, he is not too useless like Amauri in 2010.

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That link up play to assist the goal is exactly what I was saying yesterday. Higuain does this better than Dybala. You have been able to see it all preseason and this assist is proof

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
He sure fits that one touch fast passing football we are trying to implement. So far he looks like the only one, who understands how to play the system. Maybe keeping him for another year is not that bad of an idea. He has lost all of his pace, but he is really good in the link up play and has good vision for a number 9.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We lost Caldara and were forced to buy with premium price one of the worst defenders in serie A, just to get rid of Higuain and here he is back, with Caldara gone for good, Demiral prolly to follow him and Bonucci stay till the end of his career.
Regardless if Higgy stays or not, our attempt to get rid of him was catastrophic...
So this time we must be very careful not to repeat past mistakes.
Paratici had been proven smarter and maybe even wiser, at least more effective than Marotta at getting what we want. There is one field that he hasn't proemve himself and that's sales of deadwood. Hopefully he will make the right choices.
Losing Demiral, Kean, Dybs and getting Icardi and keeping Higgy would be reason enough to resign office...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)