Gonzalo Higuaín (38 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Other clubs trying to emulate the Great One for incoming players, but not outgoing players. I don't know if I can recall a big club being forced to loan their best players hoping the other club takes the option to buy, I guess, aside from the James deal as you mentioned.
Douglas Costa for Bayern is also good example that someone mentioned above.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Did Monaco desperately need that cash though? They didn't buy GOAT and then need to scramble for cash.

That's my point I guess. It "appears" we painted ourselves in a corner and now we need to find a way out and are willing to use our own tricks against us :D
I dont think u can define us as club which desparetely needs money - more like we dont want to pay huge wages to a surplus player.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
the amount of CFs at Milan is pretty funny atm, considering how hard it is to offload one. Higuain, Kalinic, Bacca, Andre Silva, Cutrone, even Borini could be considered one :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I dont think u can define us as club which desparetely needs money - more like we dont want to pay huge wages to a surplus player.
That's what I'm hoping as well. Can you see where I'm trying to go with this in the other thread?

I hope we aren't forcing these deals because we need the cash for GOAT and would find our selves in some trouble if we didn't get these deals out. It's one thing to think he is surplus and satisfy him, its another thing to force him out because we find ourselves too far in the red.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Did Monaco desperately need that cash though? They didn't buy GOAT and then need to scramble for cash.

That's my point I guess. It "appears" we painted ourselves in a corner and now we need to find a way out and are willing to use our own tricks against us :D
no you are confusing the 2 things here

loan/installments/options/obligations are just financial engineering as to who's balance sheet the player sits on

it doesnt matter when the actual 'cash' comes in

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
But was their hand forced because they bit off more than they could chew?
If u look at it this way then no. But in my opinion this was never case for Juve - there are 3 things that we need to consider in this "mega deal":
1. We dont want to pay 7.5m to surplus player.
2. We can improve our defense
3. We are making the team stronger. Even though we are not thinking about future, but still CR7 has 3/4 years in him and we probably want to use this time to get the best out of the team.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
but to answer your other point, of course you cant keep buying players and not sell .... irrespective of when the cash comes...over time the cash is still finite
Well yeah, that goes without saying.

I'm still curious to see if these are the last deals or if we have another CM coming in.

Also, Pjanic and Sandro still haven't signed new contracts.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
So Higuain is off the books entirely

Bonucci is back

We kinda lost Caldara

Excellent mercato

- - - Updated - - -

Well yeah, that goes without saying.

I'm still curious to see if these are the last deals or if we have another CM coming in.

Also, Pjanic and Sandro still haven't signed new contracts.
They will. Its 31 July. Big mercato is closed

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It's Milan and Leonardo we're talking about. There's a real chance they won't fulfill their commitment in 1 yr time if Higuain flops.

Man, this is a mess... Caldara was given away just so we could ship Higuain..
Higuain wouldn’t sign with them if he didn’t have assurances of it being a permanent transfer, according to Di Marzio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)