Gonzalo Higuaín (8 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 6, 2015
Sampaoli is a useless fraud. Hope Argentina get knocked out in the group stage.
I actually think that that lineup looks much better than the one in their last game. Should have played something similar in the first game already.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol: sampaoli has quite frankly lost the plot, I wouldn't be surprised to see croatia get something out of this match
Shouldn't be surprising as Croatia are the better team.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Argentina to drop Serie A players
By Football Italia staff

Argentina again seem set to drop Paulo Dybala, Gonzalo Higuain and Federico Fazio, but also Lucas Biglia, against Croatia.

The Seleccion and Coach Jorge Sampaoli were bitterly criticised after a 1-1 draw with Iceland, in which Lionel Messi had a penalty saved.

Despite complaints from fans and the media that Juventus pair Dybala and Higuain were left out, Pipita only coming off the bench for the final minutes, Sampaoli seems set to repeat the pattern.

Roma defender Fazio is again heading for the bench, while Milan midfielder Biglia did start, but should be dropped in favour of Enzo Perez.

The system also changed from 4-4-1-1 to a 3-4-3 with Cristian Pavon joining Sergio Aguero and Messi in attack.

Argentina take on current group leaders Croatia on Thursday.

Argentina (probable): Caballero; Mercado, Otamendi, Tagliafico; Salvio, Mascherano, Enzo Perez, Acuna; Messi, Aguero, Pavon

Oh boy...

How can you drop Higuain and Dybala, when they were on the bench already?

- - - Updated - - -

4 years to prepare for World Cup and after the first match the entire lineup and formation is changed in a panic. Amazing stuff. Can't figure out how to put a team around Messi yet.
Argentina have always been very unbalanced. For as long as I can remember they have great attackers and a much weaker midfield and defense.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
Joking aside, what happened to Sampaoli?? I saw Chile at the 2015 Copa America and they played beautiful attacking football and managed to win it. After that he failed at Sevilla and now at Argentina. At Chile he didn't had a #9 like Higuain or Icardi, but his selection and first 11 are idiotic.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
it wouldn't have made their midfield or defense better at all. it's not about the attackers, they have insane depth and quality in attack without icardi.
They don't have a #9 tho. Aguero, Messi are Trenquartistas not quite finishers, advanced forwards. A player of that profile would give more flexibility on game plan.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
My thinking was they should go 4-3-3 and have Messi/Dybala and Aguero/Di Maria as inside forwards flanking someone like Higuain or Icardi. I really don't think Dybala and Messi play well together.

Jun 6, 2015
Joking aside, what happened to Sampaoli?? I saw Chile at the 2015 Copa America and they played beautiful attacking football and managed to win it. After that he failed at Sevilla and now at Argentina. At Chile he didn't had a #9 like Higuain or Icardi, but his selection and first 11 are idiotic.
Just out of curiosity, how did he fail at Sevilla?

- - - Updated - - -

My thinking was they should go 4-3-3 and have Messi/Dybala and Aguero/Di Maria as inside forwards flanking someone like Higuain or Icardi. I really don't think Dybala and Messi play well together.
They just don't have the midfielders to play that at the moment. I think putting in one extra CB is the right choice.

- - - Updated - - -

They don't have a #9 tho. Aguero, Messi are Trenquartistas not quite finishers, advanced forwards. A player of that profile would give more flexibility on game plan.
What? Aguero isn't a #9 or a finisher? He is exactly that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)