Gonzalo Higuaín (143 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Mandzukic confirmed moving back to CF also confirms that Higuain is gone

Morata / Mandzukic probablyyyy isn't deadly enough
Dybala-Morata/Mandžukič is plenty deadly enough if they have a strong midfield behind them and Costa/Berna by their side. Imagine us actually being able to counterattack :shocked:

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
If there ever was a time to sell him, it's right now. However, I'm not a fan of this idea. We can't replace him, he's a sure 20 goal a season scorer, improved his CL record and also vital in our build up play. Playing with a false #9 is cool, but we don't have a goal scoring force on the wings or CM.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
If there ever was a time to sell him, it's right now. However, I'm not a fan of this idea. We can't replace him, he's a sure 20 goal a season scorer, improved his CL record and also vital in our build up play. Playing with a false #9 is cool, but we don't have a goal scoring force on the wings or CM.
20 goals/50 games is not WC striker guarantee by any measure, pretty sure Morata can guarantee that as well.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
20 goals/50 games is not WC striker guarantee by any measure, pretty sure Morata can guarantee that as well.
No he can't. Higauin at his weakest season is still around Moratas best one or even better.

I like Alvaro, but I much rather have Gonzalo Infront of goal, much more trust worthy to finish off attacks. Morata really has a limited killer instinct.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Like the last time he was with us ? ::lol3::
pretty much yeah, 12 goals and 12 assists in 2377 minutes in 15/16 is not that different from Higuains 23goals and 8 assists in 3877 last season

- - - Updated - - -

No he can't. Higauin at his weakest season is still around Moratas best one or even better.

I like Alvaro, but I much rather have Gonzalo Infront of goal, much more trust worthy to finish off attacks. Morata really has a limited killer instinct.

What we'd have trouble replacing is Higuain in top form, when that guy is firing on all cylinders, his goals are deciding games we'd otherwise not win. Sadly, Higuain in top form was a rare sight, at least last season. Unless Dybala steps up and becomes consistent, we'd have problems in the large periods where he goes missing and Higuain usually steps up. But if we don't change, we'll never find out what Dybala can do as the main man.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
pretty much yeah, 12 goals and 12 assists in 2377 minutes is not that different from Higuains 23goals and 8 assists in 3877 last season
The good old goal to minute ratio argument to justify Morata's failings year after year :baus:

And we're making this comparison with perhaps Higuain's worst season in his career. Some rather crazy opinions here.

Anything to justify the Higuain hate i guess.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
The good old goal to minute ratio argument to justify Morata's failings year after year :baus:

And we're making this comparison with perhaps Higuain's worst season in his career. Some rather crazy opinions here.

Anything to justify the Higuain hate i guess.
That worst season also happens to be his most recent one, not sure there's reason to expect him to suddenly return to his Napoli or Real form. And Morata goals/minutes argument is a natural response to "Higuain guarantees 20 goals a season", every good striker that plays as many minutes as Higuain is playing would get to 20 goals. Higuains worth to me is the few months/season when he turns into beast mode not his overall numbers, which are pretty poor for a WC striker due to Gonzalo being super useless when he's down like start of 17/18.

Like I said, this really revolves around Dybala not Morata, I don't think we'll see the best of Paolo playing together with Higuain, both need a strong supporting cast to succeed not each other.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
That worst season also happens to be his most recent one, not sure there's reason to expect him to suddenly return to his Napoli or Real form. And Morata goals/minutes argument is a natural response to "Higuain guarantees 20 goals a season", every good striker that plays as many minutes as Higuain is playing would get to 20 goals.
Have you ever wondered why Morata plays less minutes in the first place ? Leaving all the stats aside ?

Its because he sulks during games, its because he doesnt work hard enough, misses easy sitters. This is why he was benched by Mandzukic here, couldnt displace a Benzema in his worst shape and now recently benched by Giroud at Chelsea.

You're debating the consistency of Higuain and Dybala and you suggest Morata could help fix that problem.....

He's had a favorable goal to minute ratio everywhere he's played. Its a rather flawed way of judging a player's consistency.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Have you ever wondered why Morata plays less minutes in the first place ? Leaving all the stats aside ?

Its because he sulks during games, its because he doesnt work hard enough, misses easy sitters. This is why he was benched by Mandzukic here, couldnt displace a Benzema in his worst shape and now recently benched by Giroud at Chelsea.

You're debating the consistency of Higuain and Dybala and you suggest Morata could help fix that problem.....

He's had a favorable goal to minute ratio everywhere he's played. Reason being managers dont trust him to be a starter especially at a big club.
This guy speaks the truth.

That being said I can see us swapping Higgy for Morata but those will be non-pitch related reasons.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
pretty much yeah, 12 goals and 12 assists in 2377 minutes in 15/16 is not that different from Higuains 23goals and 8 assists in 3877 last season
It is that different, 11 goals more despite this being Golzalos worst season says it all.

And don't tell me Morata would made up that difference if he played the extra 500 minutes. He doesn't because he can't. He went 4 months without scoring for us. And since you like to talk about recent season for Higauin, well what do you know, the pattern repeated itself, Morata barely didn't score anything in 2018 for Chelsea.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

He's had a favorable goal to minute ratio everywhere he's played. Reason being managers dont trust him to be a starter especially at a big club.
Because Allegri doesn't bench Higuain when he deserves to hit the bench for months. And I understand why he doesn't, Higuain in top form is a great player to have and you won't get him there by dooming him to the bench, dude is also a bit primadonnish. Look, I'm not debating Higuain is not a great striker, he clearly is, I'm just having fun at the "Higuain guarantees 20 goals" statements as if it was something amazing a spear striker scoring 20 goals in 50 games. :D

- - - Updated - - -

It is that different, 11 goals more despite this being Golzalos worst season says it all.

And don't tell me Morata would made up that difference if he played the extra 500 minutes. He doesn't because he can't. He went 4 months without scoring for us. And since you like to talk about recent season for Higauin, well what do you know, the pattern repeated itself, Morata barely didn't score anything in 2018 for Chelsea.

*1500. I think it's reasonable to expect Morata would get 8 goals or close to that and more assists in that period of time if he was treated like Higuain. And I'm not saying Morata deserves Higuain treatment, I'm just saying he would. :D

michel

Mar 25, 2010
If we improve our midfield this season, Dybala and Costa will be able to play much closer to Higuain and goal, therefore Higuain will score around 30 goals, I am pretty sure. I am strongly against his sale, since he is vital to our build-up especially when we are under pressure and he is an established goal scorer.

Higuain's only weakness are aerial duels.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Like I’ve said, we will regret selling him.

Absolutely laughable if people think Mandzukic/Morata is the answer for us going forward. If we sell Higuain, we need to replace with similar or better quality - which we won’t, because the money will go to our midfield and fullback situation.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Like I’ve said, we will regret selling him.

Absolutely laughable if people think Mandzukic/Morata is the answer for us going forward. If we sell Higuain, we need to replace with similar or better quality - which we won’t, because the money will go to our midfield and fullback situation.
Pretty sure there are hardly any peeps wanting that on tuz, everyone is proposing Dybala in Higgys place and a mid in Dybalas place with Morata going in Mandzu spot in 433. Still waiting for Higgy fans to realise it and stop focuing on h2h comparisons between Morata/Martial and Higgy

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Gone...
Who is gonna be our Go-man? Our current top scorer and game changer player.
And Paulo inconsistency? Yeah right, Pipa is the consistency queen now...
Our main player it would be Paulo. He would score way more if everyone play for him and he's better or at least same level in everything than Pipa except using right foot...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 139)