Gonzalo Higuaín (43 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Sell. If we intend on keeping Dybala, we shouldn't bother with higuain
I think Dybala, Higuain is ok for rotation for the #9 spot. Dybala hasn't played that position at all and it might turn out he's better off on the wing while Higgy is a project, his rejuvenation might work out or he might stay as a player who's below the level required for a Juve starter. + Dybala gets injured every year for a longer period, so we can't really just on him to carry the bulk of responsibilities when it comes to goalscoring

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 20, 2012
I think Dybala, Higuain is ok for rotation for the #9 spot. Dybala hasn't played that position at all and it might turn out he's better off on the wing while Higgy is a project, his rejuvenation might work out or he might stay as a player who's below the level required for a Juve starter. + Dybala gets injured every year for a longer period, so we can't really just on him to carry the bulk of responsibilities when it comes to goalscoring
Ronaldo will take the number 9 role, it's just a matter of time. We will play with a line up of berna - Ronaldo - Costa . That's probably the most balance we can have

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Ronaldo will take the number 9 role, it's just a matter of time. We will play with a line up of berna - Ronaldo - Costa . That's probably the most balance we can have
maybe we'll play that if we offload Mandzu, Higuain, don't buy Icardi and buy a winger or two. I wouldn't say it's just a matter of time though, it's far from a certainty :D from Sarri interview yesterday it seems that for now Ronaldo will play as LWF and he'll see how it goes and whether he'll move him in the center

Mar 3, 2014
I say keep him because if for whatever reason Ronaldo as a 9 doesn’t work out/ he gets injured, Higuaín is your low risk player. You can put him with Ronaldo and a winger and the attack will be competent. He knows the system and is completely in attack. We saw that yesterday when Mandzukic couldn’t even get a touch. Icardi would be the same. But Higuaín lay it off or dribble with the ball effectively. Unlike the other options, Higuaín isn’t static.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
Nice to see Higuain in Juve shirt again. He was constant threat in the attack.
I'll never get the trashing he receives here all the time. He's the best nr9 we had in YEARS. I really hope we'll keep him. No need to waste the cash jackasses like Icardi and Neymar. If he have any cash to spend, it should be spent on the midfielder of that caliber.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I think Dybala, Higuain is ok for rotation for the #9 spot.
that's at least one luxury player for the bench.

selling higuain is not a sports-related choice. we can talk for weeks about his strengths, weaknesses, weight, diet, form, dedication, natural scoring instinct, hairstyle, mental midgetry (etc), but bottom line is that he costs 34m per year. like it or not, the club is selling him, regardless of his pre-season performances. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

btw in case we wanted to keep him, we could have already offered him a contract extension just to keep his amortization on a more tolerable level.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
that's at least one luxury player for the bench.

selling higuain is not a sports-related choice. we can talk for weeks about his strengths, weaknesses, weight, diet, form, dedication, natural scoring instinct, hairstyle, mental midgetry (etc), but bottom line is that he costs 34m per year. like it or not, the club is selling him, regardless of his pre-season performances. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

btw in case we wanted to keep him, we could have already offered him a contract extension just to keep his amortization on a more tolerable level.
it's likely we can't get all of that cost off our books even if we loan/sell him. so the question is either we have Higuain with a large cost on our books or we have nothing and still have a part of that large cost on our books. essentially the real cost of Higuain becomes the money we could get for him as the rest is not salvageable.

and given that we have the one coach who's likely to get him back on track, I'm inclined to believe we might be better off keeping him, even financially :p

Last edited:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Slim chances that he will stay, considering how much he costs us annually. Dybala and Mario can both play wide and more central, so prolly one between them will stay. If Kean gets sold/loaned out, both will stay. This leaves no place for Gonzalo imo. CR, Costa, Berna, Dybala, Mario/Kean and maybe Cuadrado for 3 spots in attack, with CR being starter in all combos.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I think we should retain him for 1 more years, because Higuain already know how to get goals in Sarri system. Some goals here and there will help in our points collection until the teams fully understand how to play Sarriball

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Slim chances that he will stay, considering how much he costs us annually. Dybala and Mario can both play wide and more central, so prolly one between them will stay. If Kean gets sold/loaned out, both will stay. This leaves no place for Gonzalo imo. CR, Costa, Berna, Dybala, Mario/Kean and maybe Cuadrado for 3 spots in attack, with CR being starter in all combos.
no way Sarri plays Mario wide, i think Allegri is the only manager who would do that, before him Mario was always a CF, i could see Dybala being played wide though.

I just don't see Mario staying, he doesn't fit Sarri's style at all

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
no way Sarri plays Mario wide, i think Allegri is the only manager who would do that, before him Mario was always a CF, i could see Dybala being played wide though.

I just don't see Mario staying, he doesn't fit Sarri's style at all
If both Mario and Kean leave, we will need to bring another forward then, prolly Icardi.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
I really wanted him gone this mercato, mostly because of the cost he has, with his salary combined with high transferfee, the yearly cost is over 30 million per year.

But it seems that we want a new striker (Icardi).

But keeping Higuain instead could be a good choice, he seems very motivated to prove something, he adds something to our game, he is a finisher and a player that make the team play better, his movement is good and he is great in the build up play when he comes deep. He also know Sarris tactics perfect.

Ronaldo on the left and Higuain as striker could benefit Ronaldo and the rest.

RW: Costa/Dybala

ST: Higuain/ Dybala or Ronaldo ofcourse

LW: Ronaldo/ Costa

These 4 players would give us alot of solutions upfront.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Higgy to get pissed and collect his paychecks Bale style.
This is what will happen. He seems to not be getting the messages and juve is trying to make him understand with no avail.

Soon juve will need his sale to move and they will have to force him out. Thats when he will see the reality and piss off, staying until his contract expires

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
This is what will happen. He seems to not be getting the messages and juve is trying to make him understand with no avail.

Soon juve will need his sale to move and they will have to force him out. Thats when he will see the reality and piss off, staying until his contract expires
I hope we manage to sell Mandzukic and Dybala. I don't see them fitting in Sarri system. Dybala's best case could be a false 9, but I don't see that happening. While Higuain would do great as CF.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
He signed a 5 year deal in 2016 and the transfer fee was 90 million. He has two years left on his contract.

Assuming that we depreciate his contract on a straight line basis his book value should be 36 million.

2/5*90 million = 36 million

So if we sell for anything less than that then we would be making a loss. If we loan him out for another year, we'd make a loss if we sell him next year for less than 18 million.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
He signed a 5 year deal in 2016 and the transfer fee was 90 million. He has two years left on his contract.

Assuming that we depreciate his contract on a straight line basis his book value should be 36 million.

2/5*90 million = 36 million

So if we sell for anything less than that then we would be making a loss. If we loan him out for another year, we'd make a loss if we sell him next year for less than 18 million.
Extend his contract lower his wage. *problem solved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)