Gonzalo Higuaín (71 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
It's an exaggeration obviously but one just needs to be realistic to see he brought nothing new, he didn't improve the team at all to what we already had (same number of goals with and without him, same success with and without him and same for Napoli too).

He was out of shape and unprofessional most of the time. We made a huge investment and gave him a superstar salary, he played the most minutes he could've, every attack went through him one way or another, etc etc. If you can seriously stand there and tell me that he was a good and successful signing that's your prerogative. But this is not your average PL club who overpays everything that walks. That was Juventus and that transfer was something unheard of. That was 90m before Neymar and those other guys, before the market went crazy. I remember people's reaction around the internet when the rumors first started flying in, it was the biggest joke ever, no one believed for a second we would pay all that money in cash. 40m for any player was a laughing joke at the time.

And forget about the exact number. Just think of what it represents. Juventus paying that and any other club paying that is not the same. We put all our faith in him, all our marbles in one bowl. He had exactly TWO great games in Europe in two years. TWO. And again, it's not just about goals. Ronaldo scored just one goal in CL this year and he was amazing in every single one (except YB away). Mandžukić blew him out of the water. Tevez was otherworldly good in every game. Morata was decisive 70% of the time. Higuain wasn't just average or something, he was the worst player on the pitch 95% of the time. And it's not like everyone else was shit so he had an excuse.

So no, I'm not happy and grateful that he didn't do anything Matri and Quagliarella couldn't (in Serie A) and a year-away-from-retirement Carlos Tevez couldn't.

Fuck him and his stupid whiny 'you-don't-know-how-hard-it-is-haters' face. Good riddance.
Shameless revisionism.
How was he unprofessional at Juve? Can you name one instance where he blamed his teammates after a game, or refused to listen to Allegri?
Did you miss all the important goals he scored last season? We'd be out in the CL groups and second in Serie A if it weren't for his goals in the big games.
I can't name a single player that scored 55 goals in their first 2 seasons at Juve. Ronaldo will probably be the only one who surpasses that number.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
he did score 55 goals, but did he elevate us to a higher level? without him in 15/16, we scored 75 goals and won 91pts. with him we improved for 2 goals, scoring 77pts and winning again 91pts. and the team was better in all areas except Pogbas position. the lads above are right, he was bought in to deliver in the CL, and he had 2/6 KO rounds where he did. not enough

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
People here acting like Beppe paying release clauses for Pjanic and Golzalo in one summer was not bigdick move. Strengthened areas of team that needed it and took our two rivals best players from them.

How the man had the gall i will never know. Fucked Serie A like it owed him money.
Napoli last season with Higuain: 82 points, 80 goals scored
Juventus that season: 91 points, 75 goals scored
Juventus first season with Higuain: 91 points, 77 goals scored
Napoli that season: 86 points, 94 goals scored

We really really did them dirty...

ADL was laughing to the bank as soon as we activated his RC, he was begging teams all summer to do it.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I'm gonna laugh if we finish the season with less goals than the last one.

Because, if we go by the brilliant logic of some tuzzers, it would mean that the Ronaldo signing was a failure.

:stupid:

Last edited:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
And we were 45 mins away from winning a treble after those two signings. Shit happened obviously in that Madrid final, but peeps are acting as if we got knocked out in the first round/round of 16 in both seasons with Higuain and that he barely scored any goals for us. Just brainless spoilt morons who deserve the Secco Juventus days with Amauri as striker.
We were also approximately 35 minutes away from winning a treble and played a much better game than in Cardiff. No one is acting as if we got knocked out in the first round/round of 16 in both seasons with Higuain but the fact is he barely contributed to those two seasons in Europe. If you wanna pretend he was our best player during those CL campaigns (as he should've been based on why we bought him and what was expected) then you should look in the mirror while calling someone a moron.

- - - Updated - - -

Because if we go by the brilliant logic of some tuzzers, it would mean Ronaldo signing was a faiilure.

That's no one's logic, or at least not that only. Ronaldo is clearly the best player on the field in 90% of games, whether he scored or not. Higuain if he wasn't scoring was basically useless. One is an all-around player who contributes in every part of the game, the other is a poacher who was either non-existent or missed sitters when we needed him most while also offering very little otherwise. It's not hard.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Because if we go by the brilliant logic of some tuzzers, it would mean Ronaldo signing was a faiilure.

that is only a counter argument to the people that counted Higgys goals for us, without looking at the whole picture. Ronaldo is a completely different animal, 1st off, hes paying himself off on his own without doing anything (Higgy cant in a million years do that), 2nd, as the GOAT himself said, the CL is the goal, that is where we are measured

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Shameless revisionism.
How was he unprofessional at Juve? Can you name one instance where he blamed his teammates after a game, or refused to listen to Allegri?
Did you miss all the important goals he scored last season? We'd be out in the CL groups and second in Serie A if it weren't for his goals in the big games.
I can't name a single player that scored 55 goals in their first 2 seasons at Juve. Ronaldo will probably be the only one who surpasses that number.
He was unprofessional by coming to training camp out of shape both seasons. Now, you could say that's just genetics or it's hard for some people or some people play their way into shape so they're ready for the final push. That would be cool if he didn't come back in tip top shape as soon as we bought his replacement (and then fattening up at Milan again bc he's unhappy) or if he didn't absolutely fall apart physically both years because he was a fat fuck all year.

As far as Allegri, there were many reports he had a fight with him for being benched in Coppa final vs Milan. But we'll never really know much about that from Juve's side bc Agnelli runs a very tight ship.

His big moments were usually very far in between very bad moments. Sure he scored big goals in Serie A vs Napoli, Inter etc. But:

1. So did other players who were paid much less. We did not buy Higuain for 90m to dominate Serie A again
2. His goal vs Inter in particular last year wouldn't have been needed if he wasn't useless in all the other games to close the season and when we let Napoli back in the race. Our 90m striker scored 2 goals in last 14 games ffs

What I want the most from best and most paid players is consistency. You can't be the highest earner, one of top 5 players in the team and be great every 10 games (not literally). What I wanted from him is what Tevez did, what Ronaldo is doing now (obv not at the same level). You're supposedly that good, you're paid that much, you have to be the driving force of your team every single game. He had 10 super hot games, then 10 games where he barely moves. He scored 2 goals vs Tottenham then missed a sitter and a penalty to finish the tie right there. Then he wins us the second leg, then becomes a ghost vs RM 1st and misses an open goal in 2nd leg.

He has enough talent to pile up goals obviously, that's never been his problem. What he has in legs he lacks in head. There's a reason every fanbase celebrated him leaving. There's a good reason whole of Argentina hates him. Milan fans are turning on him ffs. He's simply not a big club player and that's it.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
"Higuain was terrible in CL" -> Some of the troglodytes here have an obsession with him. I'm wondering what their reaction was when he almost single handedly made us defeat Spurs or when he was clutch against Monaco. I'm not going to pretend Gonzalo has always and solely been confident in all big CL matches due to past experiences, but he certainly had important moments where he overcame that mental block with us. All around he has been really important for us and if he wasn't scoring, he was useful in other ways.

These were our scorers during the knockouts in the last two seasons:

Higuain – 5
Dybala – 4
Mandzukic – 4
Dani Alves – 2
Matuidi – 1
Chiellini – 1
Pjaca – 1

Those are pretty good numbers for someone deemed terrible and as I said the goals came at clutch and crucial moments and without those we might not have made it to the next round. I have no idea why he's being singled out.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
"Higuain was terrible in CL" -> Some of the troglodytes here have an obsession with him. I'm wondering what their reaction was when he almost single handedly made us defeat Spurs or when he was clutch against Monaco. I'm not going to pretend Gonzalo has always and solely been confident in all big CL matches due to past experiences, but he certainly had important moments where he overcame that mental block with us. All around he has been really important for us.

Higuain – 5
Dybala – 4
Mandzukic – 4
Dani Alves – 2
Matuidi – 1
Chiellini – 1
Pjaca – 1

Those are pretty good numbers and as I said came at clutch moment and without those we might not have made it to the next round. I have no idea why he's being singled out.
I literally singled out those games as his only great ones. What was your reaction when he went missing against all others?

He never overcame the mental block and he never will. You see how he's throwing tantrums in two games vs Milan this year. You see how he reacts to justified criticism in the media.

That's cool, all his 5 goals came against 2 teams. You're basically excusing him because our other 6 players which didn't cost us combined as much as Higuain did and 4 of them are not strikers didn't score more lol.

He's not being singled out. Dybala has been criticized plenty. Pjanić too. Matuidi got dumped on often for not being Pogba. Cuadrado, Morata, Pjanić, etc etc. But even if he was - there are different expectations for different players. I don't expect same things from Mario and Higuain. One has infinitely more talent than the other yet the other has contributed so much more.

Again, it's not JUST goals or lack thereof. It's also lack of everything else the team needs from him. No one nowadays is expected to contribute to just one thing on the pitch.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
"Higuain was terrible in CL" -> Some of the troglodytes here have an obsession with him. I'm wondering what their reaction was when he almost single handedly made us defeat Spurs or when he was clutch against Monaco. I'm not going to pretend Gonzalo has always and solely been confident in all big CL matches due to past experiences, but he certainly had important moments where he overcame that mental block with us. All around he has been really important for us and if he wasn't scoring, he was useful in other ways.

Higuain – 5
Dybala – 4
Mandzukic – 4
Dani Alves – 2
Matuidi – 1
Chiellini – 1
Pjaca – 1

Those are pretty good numbers for someone deemed terrible and as I said the goals came at clutch and crucial moments and without those we might not have made it to the next round. I have no idea why he's being singled out.
Higuain is a player you need the team around him to work for him, to get him his goals. one of the reasons i was against him to begin with, because i was high on building the team around Dybala and Pogba. we forced Mandzukic who was unbenchable, out wide where he was still WC, because of Higuain. we invented a new role for Dybala between a midfield 2 and CF, because of Higuain. the whole team was built around him, so if he didnt even get us goals then, he would have been an epic failure. like i said above, he had 2 good KO ties, out of 6 he played in for us. not only because he didnt score, but because he was completely out of the game, doing nothing. if you guys think thats good enough, thats fine, but it wont cut it for me. props to his good Serie A games, but with all due respect, we have been doing it without him just as good

- - - Updated - - -

he was just about to get going, even scored in the CL knockouts, then that damn injury :sigh:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Higuain – 5
Dybala – 4
Mandzukic – 4
Dani Alves – 2
Matuidi – 1
Chiellini – 1
Pjaca – 1

:tup:

I've never liked Higuain, and found his weight issues to begin each season infuriating... And he did have a tendency to go missing against the biggest teams... Barca and Madrid mostly... but it's quite ridiculous, the nonsense posted about him in here. Higuain was the main reason we made the quarterfinals last year... Dude scored 5 goals - 1 assist in 9 CL matches.

If we're judging Higuain on such standards, and calling him a flop... let's judge Dybala's CL campaign on them too. 1 goal (on 33 shots attempted), 0 assists, 1 red card in 8 matches. And the red card was what put us in a close to insurmountable hole against Madrid. You know you're most talented attacking player is performing up to snuff when he has as many red cards as goals and assists combined in an entire CL campaign. :seven:

People should be grateful for the 55 goals-11 assists Higgy provided the last two seasons, helping us win 2 domestic doubles, and compete at the highest level in the CL... It was time for him to go this summer, and he does look to be in decline, so I think it's great we moved on from him (even more so with Ronaldo move). But a little gratitude goes a long way.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

I've never liked Higuain, and found his weight issues to begin each season infuriating... And he did have a tendency to go missing against the biggest teams... Barca and Madrid mostly... but it's quite ridiculous, the nonsense posted about him in here. Higuain was the main reason we made the quarterfinals last year... Dude scored 5 goals - 1 assist in 9 CL matches.

If we're judging Higuain on such standards, and calling him a flop... let's judge Dybala's CL campaign on them too. 1 goal (on 33 shots attempted), 0 assists, 1 red card in 8 matches. And the red card was what put us in a close to insurmountable hole against Madrid. You know you're most talented attacking player is performing up to snuff when he has as many red cards as goals and assists combined in an entire CL campaign. :seven:

People should be grateful for the 55 goals-11 assists Higgy provided the last two seasons, helping us win 2 domestic doubles, and compete at the highest level in the CL... It was time for him to go this summer, and he does look to be in decline, so I think it's great we moved on from him (even more so with Ronaldo move). But a little gratitude goes a long way.
Them dybala curlers cutting in from the right side though are worth like 5 xpoints each

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Dybala was far from great either, but thats an unfair comparison. Higuain was in his prime and with the team built around him. Dybala was/is still young, play what, less than 10 CL games (?) at that point, and was playing out of position to fit in with Higuain. he still deserves the benefit of the doubt, with Higuain we always knew what we are about to get

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Them dybala curlers cutting in from the right side though are worth like 5 xpoints each
You could quite easily go through almost every player who has played for us, and pick them apart for various little things.

Take Tevez mentioned above as a great example for what Higuain should have been, for while he was fantastic both seasons in Serie A (just like Higgy), and fantastic in CL in 14-15... I guess, unlike Higuain, he gets a pass for his appalling first European campaign for us with 1 goal in 12 games between CL and EL in 13-14, and us getting knocked out CL in group stage, and EL in Semifinal by Benfica when final was in our stadium.

Doesn't mean he wasn't overall amazing for us, and i am still super grateful for what he did here.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
When your main argument in favor of Higuain is 'look at these other guys who underperformed too' that should tell you everything. I've criticized Dybala the same way a while back and got a pushback on that but now his struggles are used to justify Higuain's failures. We should be happy our record signing, our best player by some only got outplayed by a little by Tevez who was in retirement basically a year later and we bought him almost in retirement before that. :D

Honestly, it's only on here and some parts of Juve twitter that still defend the guy. Everyone else, fans of teams he played for and neutrals, are well aware of what he is. It wasn't that he was just bad, he singlehandedly knocked every one of his teams at least once out of a major competition.

Back for Real missed a wide open goal vs Lyon - Pjanić knocks them out.
For Argentina that miss in the WC, a missed penalty in one Copa America final, missed open goal in another.
For Napoli that year they finished 3rd in CL group stage with 12 points (record for not going through) in a decisive game vs Dortmund misses 1-1 with the keeper, Dortmund go the other way, score and go through. For Napoli vs Lazio, decisive penalty for CL qualification - skies it.
For Milan that penalty against us after he was so horny to score, almost felt bad lol

And I didn't follow any of them as closely as Juve and I'm sure there's many more as there were for us.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)