Gonzalo Higuaín (88 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He isn't even fat now, people still associate the horrendous shape he arrived in with his natural body shape which is wide obliques and narrow shoulders, he's barrel shaped. Tevez was the same. Lampard was wide across both.

Funny how this supposedly fat guy is playing the most minutes for us.

Strike it off the list of crap excuses for selling him.
Exactly. He can't lose weight and get faster. He's in good shape already. If he had an actual upper body, no one would see his stomach.

- - - Updated - - -

Comparing Morata's per 90 min numbers to anyones who has been starting is just simplistic. He has mostly been utilized off the bench throughout his career. During his last season at Real and his last season here his starts mostly came against the lesser sides which will again skew his numbers.

Morata has had one six month period as a truly elite starting striker in his career thus far while Higuain has been one for most of his career. We all know Morata has the attributes to become a really good striker but he has never been anywhere near Gonzalo's level.
I remember Zaza coming off the bench and scoring every time he touched the pitch against shit teams who were wide open. Don't think he scored a single goal when we started him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
:sergio: this post, so much wrong
Dude, you obviously got nothing to say, better you just shut up when thats the case. You can tell me what you disagree with and then I will read it and probably have a laugh.

why are we comparing players stats on their entire career? what a stupid post I bet Morata has nothing like 0.7 goals a match average in the last 2 seasons
Okay, here you are trying to think. Your brain is actually processing, thats promising.

But why shouldnt we compare their whole careers? I simply countered the sayings that Higuain is on a totally other level and that Morata is wasteful and not scorign enough? Thats simply wrong. And he has been superior on most of the other parameters.

And instead of just guessing and pulling things out of your ass, then go check the numbers and educate yourself.

whoscored.com

- - - Updated - - -

:sergio: this post, so much wrong
Comparing Morata's per 90 min numbers to anyones who has been starting is just simplistic. He has mostly been utilized off the bench throughout his career. During his last season at Real and his last season here his starts mostly came against the lesser sides which will again skew his numbers.

Morata has had one six month period as a truly elite starting striker in his career thus far while Higuain has been one for most of his career. We all know Morata has the attributes to become a really good striker but he has never been anywhere near Gonzalo's level.
Yes that can skew the numbers, right, if he is only deployed against small teams. But I dont think that is the case. He has a lot of goals in CL too.
Regarding the 90min thing, how do you know to which side it would skew the numbers? You can only assume. There are arguments for that it is more difficult to play under the pressure of being subbed on/off as well.

Fact is that he has better performance on most stats that we would normally use to measure a player.

Even if Higuain would be the better player with a small margin, then what we need is a fast/strong/tall guy in the box to be a threat on counters and headers. I dont see any better solution than Morata, given his possible availability this summer. + the business side of things.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Dude, you obviously got nothing to say, better you just shut up when thats the case. You can tell me what you disagree with and then I will read it and probably have a laugh.

Okay, here you are trying to think. Your brain is actually processing, thats promising.

But why shouldnt we compare their whole careers? I simply countered the sayings that Higuain is on a totally other level and that Morata is wasteful and not scorign enough? Thats simply wrong. And he has been superior on most of the other parameters.

And instead of just guessing and pulling things out of your ass, then go check the numbers and educate yourself.

whoscored.com

- - - Updated - - -

Yes that can skew the numbers, right, if he is only deployed against small teams. But I dont think that is the case. He has a lot of goals in CL too.
Regarding the 90min thing, how do you know to which side it would skew the numbers? You can only assume. There are arguments for that it is more difficult to play under the pressure of being subbed on/off as well.

Fact is that he has better performance on most stats that we would normally use to measure a player.

Even if Higuain would be the better player with a small margin, then what we need is a fast/strong/tall guy in the box to be a threat on counters and headers. I dont see any better solution than Morata, given his possible availability this summer. + the business side of things.
:howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:

Jun 6, 2015

His last season at Real. Pretty much all of his goals came against lower level opponents.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/alvaro-morata/leistungsdaten/spieler/128223/plus/0?saison=2016

His last season with us. Had a couple of good performances but was mostly off form. Had a hard time getting in to the side over Mandzo/Dybala.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/alvaro-morata/leistungsdaten/spieler/128223/plus/0?saison=2015

Then we have last season. Started quite well scoring some goals against the likes of Stoke in the first couple months of the season but after that his form fell off a cliff.

He has had three underwhelming (might be harsh for the Real season as he was clearly just a bit part player there) seasons in a row and somehow you and some others think that the difference between him and Higuain is marginal? If Higgy had these kind of seasons he would be called all kinds of stupid unimaginative names. The bias some have against Gonzalo is just ridiculous. I mean he's not the most likable player I get that, but come on man.

Apr 19, 2007
His last season at Real. Pretty much all of his goals came against lower level opponents.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/alvaro-morata/leistungsdaten/spieler/128223/plus/0?saison=2016

His last season with us. Had a couple of good performances but was mostly off form. Had a hard time getting in to the side over Mandzo/Dybala.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/alvaro-morata/leistungsdaten/spieler/128223/plus/0?saison=2015

Then we have last season. Started quite well scoring some goals against the likes of Stoke in the first couple months of the season but after that his form fell off a cliff.

He has had three underwhelming (might be harsh for the Real season as he was clearly just a bit part player there) seasons in a row and somehow you and some others think that the difference between him and Higuain is marginal? If Higgy had these kind of seasons he would be called all kinds of stupid unimaginative names. The bias some have against Gonzalo is just ridiculous. I mean he's not the most likable player I get that, but come on man.
I view Morata a bit like Mandzukic. He isnt a top level finisher but adds quite a bit to the game in other areas. Higgy adds less in other areas but in his career has been an incredible finisher. I think the chance to get Morata back though would be an oppertunity we should take. Put him out wide and also he can rotate in the middle if hes effective there. Maybe in a year or two he could take Higgys place

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010

This season he played almost every game till February when he started playing less. And you are the one being incredibly biased: 'scoring some goals against the likes of Stoke'. Yes he scored 3 against those fuckers but also the likes of Atlectico, United and Tottenham. And when playing for us, he was a beast in CL, scoring our crucial goals. Your case here is not as solid as you want it to be. There is simply nothing to suggest that he is missing more chances than Higuain and that he is wasteful. Higuain also plays against the smaller sides, and up until recently there was a consensus about him only scoring against those.

Anyway, the discussions is not who is the most efficient finisher and who had the best career so far, Higuain has been pretty amazing. The discussion is if it is wise to make an exchange right now, given their current form, their age, their likeliness to improve over the next seasons or degrade, their compatibility with our style of play and needs (box finisher vs fast and strong header) and their value on the market.
Taking all these elements into account, Higuain should be 5 times better than Morata in order for it to be a wise decision to not exchange them.

Jun 6, 2015
This season he played almost every game till February when he started playing less. And you are the one being incredibly biased: 'scoring some goals against the likes of Stoke'. Yes he scored 3 against those fuckers but also the likes of Atlectico, United and Tottenham. And when playing for us, he was a beast in CL, scoring our crucial goals. Your case here is not as solid as you want it to be. There is simply nothing to suggest that he is missing more chances than Higuain and that he is wasteful. Higuain also plays against the smaller sides, and up until recently there was a consensus about him only scoring against those.

Anyway, the discussions is not who is the most efficient finisher and who had the best career so far, Higuain has been pretty amazing. The discussion is if it is wise to make an exchange right now, given their current form, their age, their likeliness to improve over the next seasons or degrade, their compatibility with our style of play and needs (box finisher vs fast and strong header) and their value on the market.
Taking all these elements into account, Higuain should be 5 times better than Morata in order for it to be a wise decision to not exchange them.
I'm anything but biased. I actually like Morata on a personal level more than I like Higuain but that doesn't make him a better player. You just named all the strong teams he was able to score against last season. The list of lesser sides is much longer hence 'the likes of Stoke' comment. The case for Higuain is incredibly strong whether you like it or not. The bias against Higuain on this forum is pretty clear and trying to claim otherwise just strengthens my point.

OP
Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #10,071
    Sell Higuain for around 60, 70 mil. € and activate Griezmann's release clause fee, Beppe. :beppe: :beppe2: :daibeppe:

Boksic

May 11, 2005

:agree:

Sell Higuain for around 60, 70 mil. € and activate Griezmann's release clause fee, Beppe. :beppe: :beppe2: :daibeppe:
    Griezmann and Dybala in the same team makes no sense.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
    Higuain simply does not fit our system, very good player but definitely I think we should move him on

We also took him off Napoli and sort of messed them up so there was that as well to consider when we signed him

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    Griezmann and Dybala in the same team makes no sense.
    We don't need to play with a target man and it's not like Higuain is working as one anyways. If we had to utilize a target man at anytime, Mandzukic cab be perfect for the role.

Bernardeschi - Dybala - Costa

Griezmann

^This would be deadly. Dybala and Griezmann can swap.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
    I'm anything but biased. I actually like Morata on a personal level more than I like Higuain but that doesn't make him a better player. You just named all the strong teams he was able to score against last season. The list of lesser sides is much longer hence 'the likes of Stoke' comment. The case for Higuain is incredibly strong whether you like it or not. The bias against Higuain on this forum is pretty clear and trying to claim otherwise just strengthens my point.
    Haha yes ofcourse the list of lesser sides is much longer. Same for Higuain or any other player. What is the case for Higuain then ? You havnt really presented one, except saying he is the better player. And even if he is marginally, then because of all the other factors, it would be bad business not to change him, if we have the chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)