Gonzalo Higuaín (71 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
one plays for Uruguay, the other for the best NT in the world offensively for years. not a fair comparison
And Cavani for some weird reason doesn't fit too well in Uruguay's set up, Suarez is up top and he's on a wing. Even when Forlan played he was sitting on bench or played wide.

- - - Updated - - -

Uruguay has always had a great attack. Cavani, Suarez, Forlan, and the like.

2 goals in 19 matches, most of them against teams far shittier than Uruguay is pretty damn pathetic any way you slice it.
But for some reason his chemistry with Forlan and Suarez has always been very poor.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Uruguay has always had a great attack. Cavani, Suarez, Forlan, and the like.

2 goals in 19 matches, most of them against teams far shittier than Uruguay is pretty damn pathetic any way you slice it.
they play Suarez at CF and Cavani either on the wing or as support striker. and apart from 2 WC CFs, what else does Uruguay have? the creativity in both teams isnt comparable at all

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And Cavani for some weird reason doesn't fit too well in Uruguay's set up, Suarez is up top and he's on a wing. Even when Forlan played he was sitting on bench or played wide.

- - - Updated - - -

But for some reason his chemistry with Forlan and Suarez has always been very poor.
He's rarely been on the bench. He's played 19 matches in WC and Copa Americas. And has sucked balls. The guys a choker almost on par with Higuain.

2 goals - 19 matches in major international tournaments.

5 goals - 19 matches in European knockouts for club.

The fact you're defending him is pretty damn amusing with the way you bash Higgy for the exact same thing. Both of them are massive chokers when the lights are brightest.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

they have great CFs and crap/mediocre wingers, AMs. Uruguay is a defensive team that relies on their CFs scoring 1-2 chances they will get during a game. very different team to Argentina who have the likes of Messi, di Maria etc

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
they play Suarez at CF and Cavani either on the wing or as support striker. and apart from 2 WC CFs, what else does Uruguay have? the creativity in both teams isnt comparable at all
That's why both Forlan and Suarez score at an excellent clip for Uruguay?

And Cavani scores at an excellent clip during friendlies and qualifiers. But then it all dries up in the major tournaments.

Dude is a choker on par with Higuain. Those two are the biggest chokers in football amongst the top-class strikers.

May 23, 2013
Stop with the revisionist history he's been known as a choker since his Madrid days. All the misses in el clasico, the miss vs Lyon in the CL, the penalty miss vs Lazio all gave him the choker tag since before the 2014 WC final. The misses vs Germany and Chile x2 just added to that tag.

Tho he did not fail vs Real. I thought he had a good CL for us just missing his scoring boots vs Barca

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That's why both Forlan and Suarez score at an excellent clip for Uruguay?

And Cavani scores at an excellent clip during friendlies and qualifiers. But then it all dries up in the major tournaments.

Dude is a choker on par with Higuain. Those two are the biggest chokers in football amongst the top-class strikers.
man, he plays out of position for a mediocre team. you want him to score Robben esque goals on his own cutting in from the right ?

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
He's rarely been on the bench. He's played 19 matches in WC and Copa Americas. And has sucked balls. The guys a choker almost on par with Higuain.

2 goals - 19 matches in major international tournaments.

5 goals - 19 matches in European knockouts for club.

The fact you're defending him is pretty damn amusing with the way you bash Higgy for the exact same thing. Both of them are massive chokers when the lights are brightest.
Hold on, Cavani plays like shit period for his national team, goals or no goals, his performences are nowhere near his club performences. Whereas Higuain will perform well in everything but the one thing he needs to do, which to put the ball in the net.

i would take the likes of Mandzo, Cavani, Lacazette, Lukaku or Kane who are all inferior football players to Higuain. Higuain holds the ball better then them all, better link up and build up play, super on both feet, great strengh, not too slow, the guys sounds perfect, but for some reason he shits the bed when he needs to do the ONE thing he's here to do score in big games. The guys clearly has some psychological trauma that he obviously can't surmount, I'd rather gamble on potential chokers like Cavani and Kane then a certified choker like Gonzalo. I'm still a fan of his, but man I would sell/swap him in a heartbeat.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Stop with the revisionist history he's been known as a choker since his Madrid days. All the misses in el clasico, the miss vs Lyon in the CL, the penalty miss vs Lazio all gave him the choker tag since before the 2014 WC final. The misses vs Germany and Chile x2 just added to that tag.

Tho he did not fail vs Real. I thought he had a good CL for us just missing his scoring boots vs Barca
exactly, i remember even vs Lyon saying "ofcourse it was Higuain who would miss that". hes been missing since coming to Europe

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Hold on, Cavani plays like shit period for his national team, goals or no goals, his performences are nowhere near his club performences. Whereas Higuain will perform well in everything but the one thing he needs to do, which to put the ball in the net.

i would take the likes of Mandzo, Cavani, Lacazette, Lukaku or Kane who are all inferior football players to Higuain. Higuain holds the ball better then them all, better link up and build up play, super on both feet, great strengh, not too slow, the guys sounds perfect, but for some reason he shits the bed when he needs to do the ONE thing he's here to do score in big games. The guys clearly has some psychological trauma that he obviously can't surmount, I'd rather gamble on potential chokers like Cavani and Kane then a certified choker like Gonzalo. I'm still a fan of his, but man I would sell/swap him in a heartbeat.
I already told you Higgy has 12 goals in WC(5) and Copa Americas (7), including 5 in knockout matches. And I'm one of the biggest Higgy bashers here. He's a massive choker and I'm still annoyed we lost Morata for him.

Cavani clearly has psychological issues in big matches too, that your fanboy-ism can't allow you to accept.

2 goals in 19 matches at World Cup and Copa America.

5 goals in 19 matches in CL and EL knockouts at club level.

That's 7 goals in 38 matches when the pressure is highest.

- - - Updated - - -

Who are you telling to stop. I've been calling Higgy a choker for years. And will do so until he scores regularly on the biggest stage.

It doesn't change the fact Cavani is also a big-time choker, and these 2 fanboys won't accept that.

May 23, 2013
I already told you Higgy has 12 goals in WC(5) and Copa Americas (7), including 5 in knockout matches. And I'm one of the biggest Higgy bashers here. He's a massive choker and I'm still annoyed we lost Morata for him.

Cavani clearly has psychological issues in big matches too, that your fanboy-ism can't allow you to accept.

- - - Updated - - -

Who are you telling to stop. I've been calling Higgy a choker for years. And will do so until he scores regularly on the biggest stage.

It doesn't change the fact Cavani is also a big-time choker, and these 2 fanboys won't accept that.
I wasnt talking about you the post was directed at whoever said he received the tag after the 2014 world cup

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I already told you Higgy has 12 goals in WC(5) and Copa Americas (7), including 5 in knockout matches. And I'm one of the biggest Higgy bashers here.

I can agree with you that Cavani's numbers are as bad as Higuain's, but you gotta look at more than just numbers.

Look at their respective teams, Cavani played most of his CL with Napoli and PSG, with Napoli he'd rarely get passed group stage and with PSG they would consistently get knocked out in Ro16. On top of that he was slapped on the wing and had to service an even bigger choker of CL then Higuain in Ibra.

Where as Higuain at Madrid had absolutely 0 reason to fuck shit up, he had some of the BEST supporting cast out there, and he was choking vs Lyon, like 3 seasons in a row....:lol: same thing in the national team, he plays in THE most offfensively blessed team out there, where as Cavani plays in 2nd rate team (i still love uruguay, im a fan) with very little support. The Uruguyan strikers hardly get a third of the goal opportunities that the Argies get.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And Morata and Mbappe after next WC
Maybe Aubameyang too.

- - - Updated - - -

I can agree with you that Cavani's numbers are as bad as Higuain's, but you gotta look at more than just numbers.

Look at their respective teams, Cavani played most of his CL with Napoli and PSG, with Napoli he'd rarely get passed group stage and with PSG they would consistently get knocked out in Ro16. On top of that he was slapped on the wing and had to service an even bigger choker of CL then Higuain in Ibra.

Where as Higuain at Madrid had absolutely 0 reason to fuck shit up, he had some of the BEST supporting cast out there, and he was choking vs Lyon, like 3 seasons in a row....:lol: same thing in the national team, he plays in THE most offfensively blessed team out there, where as Cavani plays in 2nd rate team (i still love uruguay, im a fan) with very little support. The Uruguyan strikers hardly get a third of the goal opportunities that the Argies get.
The point is Cavani has choked. Everywhere he's been so far. His goalscoring record is abominable. He's also a year older than Higgy. He turns 31 just 2 months after Higgy turns 30.

Cavani and Higgy are interchangeable for me. Two players who score a ton of goals against weak competition, and disappear against the big teams, even more so when pressure is ratcheted up. Both are excellent instinctive finishers. But they both miss an incredible number of easy chances, especially when given time to think about their finish.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Maybe Aubameyang too.
I want him here so bad :tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport:

We'd be UNSTOPPABLE with a player like him :tuttosport::tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe Aubameyang too.

- - - Updated - - -

The point is Cavani has choked. Everywhere he's been so far. His goalscoring record is abominable. He's also a year older than Higgy. He turns 31 just 2 months after Higgy turns 30.

Cavani and Higgy are interchangeable for me. Two players who score a ton of goals against weak competition, and disappear against the big teams, even more so when pressure is ratcheted up. Both are excellent instinctive finishers. But they both miss an incredible number of easy chances, especially when given time to think about their finish.
Actually Higuain more then Cavani :D

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Get rid of Douglas Costa and Higuain, sign Aubameyang and Morata.

Aubameyang - Morata counterattacks in CL. :weee:

Maaaa gaaaaaaawwdd :tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport:

Actually get rid of dybala and higuain, we need cleanse from argie curse, too many chokers. Brazillians are anti-choking so Costa stays.

Gigi
Spinazolla-Barza-Chiello-Sandro
-------Pjanic--TOP CM
Cuads------------------Costa
-----Aubameyang-Morata

:tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport:

May 23, 2013
@Fr3sh
Cavani may have not had the luxury of playing at elite teams like Higuain however with Napoli if im not mistaken he missed quite a few good chances vs Chelsea in 2012. Also he's constantly been missing chances vs the likes of Barca, Chelsea, and Real for PSG in the CL.

Also Suarez has played amazingly well wherever he was played for Uruguay Forlan too. Why can't Cavani. Also Cavani's misses are the reason Uruguay went out early in the last Copa America.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)